normiss

So this is how Obama will win!

Not in the least. I find it humorous how seriously some of you folks seem to take this. Disturbingly so.

My position the whole time has been
1) I prefer McCain.
2) We're fucked with either candidate.
3) They want us to think our votes and opinions matter when they, in fact, do not.

Making your excuses already?

All the "negative and mean spirited"* campaigning seems to be backfiring badly. I see Palin has backed right off.

* Conservative commentator C. Buckley.

Um, no... we've already had liberals on this board saying if Obama doesn't win that 'the fix is in', so your side won that contest.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

All the "negative and mean spirited"* campaigning seems to be backfiring badly. I see Palin has backed right off.

Sure and "The One" only preaches love and tolerance. Except that he exhorts it from the pulpit rather than the pews.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/09/17/politics/p185733D40.DTL&type=politics

The feistier, more sarcastic tone came as worried Democrats urged Obama to get tougher and show more passion. Obama has tried to assure donors and voters that he's been schooled by Chicago politics.

"I'm skinny but I'm tough," he says.

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face," he said.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

"I'm skinny but I'm tough," he says. "I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face," he said.

Hoo-boy, is that mean-spirited. You're right; I'm switching my vote.

Try 30,000

As I said a couple of months ago, I predict that Florida will screw up the election AGAIN!!!

Na. I predict the Diebold machines in Ohio. ;) In that case McCain may win. Feel better?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

But that's not who they are referring to.

Well, the article you cited said nothing but "30 thousand felons on voter roles" with no supporting documentation. How do you know that's not who they're talking about?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

True that article doesn't specifically state that...but when a felon is released from the system, their rights are automatically restored - so they wouldn't be "stripped of their rights" .

It's been on the local news more in-depth, so that's where the additional info comes from.