rickjump1

National Voter Picture ID

No question, there is voter fraud (both parties). Why not have a national voter registration picture ID. Some states have this already. Assist older citizens at home and help the physically handicapped obtain documentation (all at no cost).
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

>Why not have a national voter registration picture ID.

Because such a requirement would prevent some people from voting, and we are (understandably) worried about that. Look at all the efforts to take away voting rights from people with today's "almost-anyone-can-vote" system.

No question, there is voter fraud (both parties). Why not have a national voter registration picture ID. Some states have this already. Assist older citizens at home and help the physically handicapped obtain documentation (all at no cost).

There are way too many people that think such a move in this country is a harbinger of the end times, it is being required by the anti-christ and that a 666 is somehow embedded in any such card.

There are way too many people that think such a move in this country is a harbinger of the end times, it is being required by the anti-christ and that a 666 is somehow embedded in any such card.

I think it brings to mind the Soviet Union.

Papers, Comrade!

What does this ID provide that the driver's license does not already? Nothing.

>Why not have a national voter registration picture ID.

Because such a requirement would prevent some people from voting, and we are (understandably) worried about that. Look at all the efforts to take away voting rights from people with today's "almost-anyone-can-vote" system.

Who are these: "some people"? Please explain (no dead or pets). The "almost-anyone-can-vote" apparently has fraud that could be eliminated. I think I explained that it should not be a finiancial or physical, burden to do this.

>Who are these: "some people"? Please explain.

People who:

do not want to give the government their information.
cannot easily get to a place that issues government ID's.
are forgetful and do not renew things.

>The "almost-anyone-can-vote" apparently has fraud that could be
>eliminated.

Agreed. That's true whether or not you use an ID.

Why not just put a picture on the Social Security Card?
Not every one has a Drivers License but every one who is a citizen gets a SS Card.
When they turn 18, get a new one with a current Picture on it, then maybe every 10 years a new one.

We use the SSN for every thing Gov related now any way.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Papers, Comrade!

I am open to suggestions. Voter fraud has always been here, and appears to be growing larger. Some states do require the picture id already, and it has been tested in court.

Papers, Comrade!

Lets start with CITIZENSHIP. Illegals get DL's in NC all the time.
Muff #5048

I agree that you should have to have a picture ID to vote. A valid driver's license would work, passport, etc. The document could be issued by the state at no cost and gives citizens1-2 years to obtain the picture ID if they don't already have one. This would greatly reducr voter fraud.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

These are the typical ploys of a party whose members wish to continue with voter fraud as they have been doing for years. Without voter fraud they feel they cannot "change" the system so its ok. Why would anyone hiding from from the government want to vote (might expose themselves). As I said, it would not be a financial burden (transportation included) for those with limited mobility. People forgetful might just forget to vote. Come on. You can do better than this.

>Why would anyone hiding from from the government want to vote
>(might expose themselves).

?? I don't get those Von's Club cards because I don't want them to have my address/phone #. I still buy food there on occasion.

>People forgetful might just forget to vote.

Of course, just as people who are forgetful might forget to register. Nevertheless, we have an aversion (a good one in my opinion) to putting additional barriers in front of voters.

>Without voter fraud they feel they cannot "change" the system so its ok.

What are you talking about? Are you claiming that parties in power do not change without fraud? That's trivially easy to disprove.

>Without voter fraud they feel they cannot "change" the system so its ok.

What are you talking about? Are you claiming that parties in power do not change without fraud? That's trivially easy to disprove.

It's all about using fraud to get in power first.

Why not just put a picture on the Social Security Card?
Not every one has a Drivers License but every one who is a citizen gets a SS Card.
When they turn 18, get a new one with a current Picture on it, then maybe every 10 years a new one.

We use the SSN for every thing Gov related now any way.

Good idea.

These are the typical ploys of a party whose members wish to continue with voter fraud as they have been doing for years. Without voter fraud they feel they cannot "change" the system so its ok.

I find the wholesale voter fraud inherant in software that is not secure and can be controlled by the manufacturer to be far more problematic in our current system .

I agree that you should have to have a picture ID to vote. A valid driver's license would work, passport, etc. The document could be issued by the state at no cost and gives citizens1-2 years to obtain the picture ID if they don't already have one. This would greatly reducr voter fraud.

I agree, but not everybody is interested in reducing voter fraud. It should a major issure for both parties and anyone interested in sound government.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, but not everybody is interested in reducing voter fraud. It should a major issure for both parties and anyone interested in sound government.

I say that an ID is a good thing.. but we also need a trustworthy system of counting the votes made by those who do vote. I like the paper, pencil, and purple finger method. Hell I dont even like my current vote only by mail in my county. We do not even have voting booths here. I think that anyone can fill out a ballot for anyone in their household, and I think that individual votes need to count without undue pressure from spouses or heads of households.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I say that an ID is a good thing.. but we also need a trustworthy system of counting the votes made by those who do vote. I like the paper, pencil, and purple finger method. Hell I dont even like my current vote only by mail in my county. We do not even have voting booths here. I think that anyone can fill out a ballot for anyone in their household, and I think that individual votes need to count without undue pressure from spouses or heads of households.

I agree. I like the paper method (don't know about the purple finger). I understand that the third graders had a better go with the voting machines in FL. Paper and pencil where I live in MT.

:D:D:D

If we had an ID card, I couldn't vote nearly as many times as I like to.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

What data do you have to support your conclusion that there is voter fraud from both parties?

All of the information I can find shows that this "problem" is statistically insignificant.

What IS happening with this so called problem is that the Republicans are making a big stink about "suspected" voter fraud. Using the FUD ( fear, uncertainty, doubt) created with the cooperation of the corporate media outlets, they are implementing all kinds of obstructions to voter registrations.

It all sounds good on paper, but the reality is that these solutions in search of a problem prevent people who are qualified to vote from registering. The righties do everything they can to limit the number of people voting. The fewer people vote, the more likely they win elections.