flyhi

Who Is the Worst U.S. President of the Modern Era?

It baffles me how many people think the current Bush is the worst. He was handed a pile of shit (created by former presidents) and expected to make it smell like roses. The damage was already done.

If clinton had spent less time banging his interns & closing US military bases and instead paid attention to the acts of terrorism (USS Cole), I really believe that 9/11 could have been averted if not avoided all together.

In the beginning of his first term, Bush had to deal with 9/11 and I think he did a damn good job and still is.

If Bush truly was that bad, he would have been impeached.... funny that piece of shit clinton, nearly was....:S:S:S:S

>>>>>>>>>>>>>It baffles me how many people think the current Bush is the worst.

Me too, I chose Reagan, he started the whole neo-con crap.

>>>>>>>>>>>>He was handed a pile of shit (created by former presidents) and expected to make it smell like roses.

Really? 4% unemployment, annual debt virtually zeroed, annual surplus at 236B, stock market from 3500 to 9800 in 8 years; where's the crap? The US was at a high atteh end of Clinton's term. Wanna see crap, whomever wins this election will know what a pile of crap is.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.If clinton had spent less time banging his interns & closing US military bases and instead paid attention to the acts of terrorism (USS Cole), I really believe that 9/11 could have been averted if not avoided all together.

911 occurred due to lax security at our airports, something GHW Bush ignored after stirring it up, Clinton ignored and GW Bush ignored for 7 month, 3 weeks. Are you aware Bush took the entire month of August off? Hmmm, I wonder what an executive order to immediately increase security at the airports would have done to the 911 scheemers? Face it, it was an extremist group, not a country that attacked us and that throwing a trillion dollars over there and 4k, 5k, 20k dead heros at it wouldn;t make it better, we still had to fix our security which none of the 3 presidents did.

Also, GHW Bush cut about as many troops as Clinton did, but in half teh time, meaning twice the rate.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>In the beginning of his first term, Bush had to deal with 9/11 and I think he did a damn good job and still is.

A shame he didn't foresee the problem as the previosu 2 did not.

>>>>>>>>>>>If Bush truly was that bad, he would have been impeached....

An impeachment comes from the house with a simple majority, the house was Repub until 1 year 9 months ago, so that would not have been possible.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.funny that piece of shit clinton, nearly was....

Pardon me what? Clinton was impeached on 2 of the 4 counts before him. The senate convicts on a supermajority (2/3) and they only came to 50/50 on the closest, meaning some Repubs voted no. MAybe you should read up on impeachment procedures.

So you must think that Bush is a POS for commuting Scooter Libby, right? He was convicted in a criminal court, not a political court, of the same things, yet Bush commuted him and will likely give him a full pardon as he leaves office. Remember Scooter, he's the guy that revealed the name of a federal agent who's husband wrote bad things about Bush. So with all that, Scooter Libby did the same thing but at a criminal level; what do you think?

If Bush truly was that bad, he would have been impeached.... funny that piece of shit clinton, nearly was....:S:S:S:S

Clinton was impeached. Dec 19th, 1998. The Senate then over turned it in Feb of the next year, but history books will show that he was indeed impeached.

I don't think an impeachment gets overturned, I think an impeachemnt is just a political indictment and the political trial is at the senate, so in this case it was a finding of not guilty/not repsonsible. An impeachment is a political indictment, akin to a criminal indictment, but with a much lower standard of proof, a simple majority vs totality.

In the beginning of his first term, Bush had to deal with 9/11 and I think he did a damn good job and still is.

Oh no he didn't!! He did a shit job and attacked the wrong country. One that had fuck all to do with 11/9. He dropped the ball and continues to do so. He's incompetent and the blood of countless innocent people are on his hands.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

It baffles me how many people think the current Bush is the worst. He was handed a pile of shit (created by former presidents) and expected to make it smell like roses. The damage was already done.

If clinton had spent less time banging his interns & closing US military bases and instead paid attention to the acts of terrorism (USS Cole), I really believe that 9/11 could have been averted if not avoided all together.

Yeah invading other countries under pre-texts of terrorism and then murdering all their children - what a good job.

Ummm what about all of the American children, husbands, wifes, moms, dads, brothers & sisters that those camel kissing allah worshipping towel heads took from us? There have been some unfortunate casulaties in this war. But at least its targeted and we are not hi-jacking airplanes and flying them into known places of innocent people. I served our country once and would do it again in a heartbeat!

This one is just too idiotic to be real. You have failed troll.

Yeah invading other countries under pre-texts of terrorism and then murdering all their children - what a good job.

It is truely amazing how quickly people have forgotten all the weapons and chemical weapons found in Iraq which the UN inspectors, under the clinton era, had tried so hard to find, the celebration of the people of iraq when the soldiers freed them from Saddam, all the people that Saddam tortured and killed, when Saddam used chemical weapons on his own people, all the humanitarian work the military has done for the people and children there, the continuous terrorist attacks on the people of iraq, and the iraq terrorist training camps. All these things are very recent history yet people continue to forget or ignore them. It is truely sad.

Its "truly" amazing how you adopt the pretext that you are on a noble mission to rid the world of evil and save the children of Iraq, when in reality you butcher them by the millions... wait... amazing... or sad?

Clinton was following thru on Bush 1's decisions.. and it was needed in my opinion. The military we fought the Soviets with... is not the military we need to fight THIS war...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Don't let em BS ya, GHWB cut about as many troops as Clinton, but in 1/2 the time = twice the rate.

What I find totally incongruent is how many service members who served in the military at the time... only see that rather myopic "CLINTON CLOSED THE BASES" lens.
Yes this hurt many of them financially.. BUT.. it was Bush the First that began the closings.. and it was REAGAN.. who won the war....yet they want to not realize that the war was over and they needed to get the hell out and be productive members of society in the civilian world.

The myth that Reagan won the war is supported in so many ways:

- The wall fell 4 months into Bush's term

- The cold War was fought from 1946 to 1989, most prolific buidup was the nuclear testing from 46 to 58, after that it was proxy wars.

- All the presidents from Truman to Reagan played a part in it.

Yet when Reagan has Nancy whisper in his ear, utters something about Gorbachev tearing down that wall, and then dumps in his diapers we all melt and give him credit...... beyond me :S

Your version if Bingo is different....

Not that Reagan didn't feed into it...but I would have to go waaaaayyyy back to Lee Iacocca and his "56 for a 56" idea. Credit cards before that - McNamara's Diner's Club was one of the first to convince us to live beyond what we made.
Our ideas and desires to live beyond our means started before Reagan. Waaaaaaay before Reagan.

Ronald Reagan was one of the worst Presidents in history. When I saw the Republicans debating at his library, spewing shit out of their pie holes about how great he was I wanted to scream.

Reagan was the original "cut and run", after the Beirut barracks bombing. He pulled out and let a couple of well known terrorists groups flourish. Hamas, Hezbollah.

Iran-Contra

He crushed organized labor when he fired the air traffic controllers.

Star Wars was a BS waste of billions.

Russia was already on the decline and needed to go Capitalist.

Afghanistan.

He was a third rate actor that Lew Wasserman made into Governor and then President.

I'm worried Palin will follow in his footsteps...

- The cold War was fought from 1946 to 1989, most prolific buidup was the nuclear testing from 46 to 58, after that it was proxy wars.

All of them did have a hand in it.. BUT.. Ronnie Raygun scared them to end it finally. His increases in our military and the SDI were major things that finally made the Politburo realize they could not keep up and would have to spend resources they did not have to try to overcome that advantage. Like it or not those policies had an effect.

They also had no problem believing that Ronnie would and could make a first strike. I think he was the first American president that actually thought he might be able to WIN a nuclear war:S:S

They also had no problem believing that Ronnie would and could make a first strike. I think he was the first American president that actually thought he might be able to WIN a nuclear war:S:S

I must beg to differ. After the cold war it emerged that when Reagan was shot the Soviet Politburo was worried that Bush (snr) WOULD take over and war would become far more likely!

Reagan was a nuclear abolitionist, he made that plain troughout his presidency. Also, let's not forget his famous "Ivan & Anya, Jim & Sally" speech (segmant)... One of the few he is known to have written personally and unaided.

Back on topic :) My vote goes to Bush Snr for his failure to secure the peace with Russia in his rush to democracise and "aid" them... Plus, he's also fairly responsible for Dubbie and his policies.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I must beg to differ. After the cold war it emerged that when Reagan was shot the Soviet Politburo was worried that Bush (snr) WOULD take over and war would become far more likely!

Reagan was a nuclear abolitionist, he made that plain troughout his presidency. Also, let's not forget his famous "Ivan & Anya, Jim & Sally" speech (segmant)... One of the few he is known to have written personally and unaided.

You are right.. BUT he got the Soviets to BELIEVE that he could do it.

It was a hell of a game of brinksmanship... to have lost and have to push the button was not out of the realm of possibility. It could have also driven the Soviets to believe they had nothing to lose by launching a first strike.

It is good that calmer heads prevailed.

Oh no he didn't!! He did a shit job and attacked the wrong country. One that had fuck all to do with 11/9. He dropped the ball and continues to do so. He's incompetent and the blood of countless innocent people are on his hands.

No, he attacked the right country. Then he went on and attacked another.

Symantics doesn't make what he's done right - he is still responsible for the deaths of countless innocents but will get away with it:S.

Accuracy is still important. Good, clear English is not semantics, esp for the English.

And besides, the primary stated reason was WMDs, not 9/11. And sorry, he won't be held responsible in a manner that will satisfy you.

Ummm what about all of the American children, husbands, wifes, moms, dads, brothers & sisters that those camel kissing allah worshipping towel heads took from us? There have been some unfortunate casulaties in this war. But at least its targeted and we are not hi-jacking airplanes and flying them into known places of innocent people. I served our country once and would do it again in a heartbeat!

This one is just too idiotic to be real. You have failed troll.

Got irony? You know all about trolling don't you?
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

His increases in our military and the SDI were major things that finally made the Politburo realize they could not keep up and would have to spend resources they did not have to try to overcome that advantage. Like it or not those policies had an effect.

Yes, overextending a military you can't afford and having debts you can't pay leads to all kinds of problems - in 2008 too!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Your version if Bingo is different....

Not that Reagan didn't feed into it...but I would have to go waaaaayyyy back to Lee Iacocca and his "56 for a 56" idea. Credit cards before that - McNamara's Diner's Club was one of the first to convince us to live beyond what we made.
Our ideas and desires to live beyond our means started before Reagan. Waaaaaaay before Reagan.

Which is why we called Reagan's economic plan, "VooDoo Economics" right? They were his, and he loved to kill labor unions and feed phat corporations. He tripled the debt, what can ya say? The "Me" generation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reagan was the original "cut and run", after the Beirut barracks bombing. He pulled out and let a couple of well known terrorists groups flourish. Hamas, Hezbollah.

Without a dobt and history will rewrite his so-called legacy when the debt becomes other than just a nimber, which it now is heading toward.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iran-Contra

Yea, that was his Lewinsky, yet everyone instantly forgave him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>He crushed organized labor when he fired the air traffic controllers.

And paved the way for the airline industry to bust unions.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Star Wars was a BS waste of billions.

Evidence of his senility.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Russia was already on the decline and needed to go Capitalist.

Yea, and fascist Ronnie took credit for the inevitable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>He was a third rate actor that Lew Wasserman made into Governor and then President.

Yep, he was a USO bitch in teh Army and a B movie actor, then when Carter was given teh election due to Ford's crookedness, Carter was revealed to be a loser so fascist Ronnie just fell into that position.

>>>>>>>>>>>I'm worried Palin will follow in his footsteps...

What, become a senile, diaper-wearing old man :D

All of them did have a hand in it.. BUT.. Ronnie Raygun scared them to end it finally. His increases in our military and the SDI were major things that finally made the Politburo realize they could not keep up and would have to spend resources they did not have to try to overcome that advantage. Like it or not those policies had an effect.

Nah, I don't believe that, but we will just have to agree to disagree. Their economy was so f'd up that they didn't even look our way. I don't think they feared any recourse from us, tghey have the button too. Big nations are pussies, they fear each other so much that they regress to proxy wars at most or invasions of tiny countries.

His increases in our military and the SDI were major things that finally made the Politburo realize they could not keep up and would have to spend resources they did not have to try to overcome that advantage. Like it or not those policies had an effect.

Yes, overextending a military you can't afford and having debts you can't pay leads to all kinds of problems - in 2008 too!

By the end of the Clinton Administration, we were in a healthy enough position to say we recovered from the costs of the end of the Cold War. I think 2008 has to be blamed on more recent people.