bodypilot90

Name ONE of Obama's Congressional accomplishments

Screw the slowly crap...

Cut the suckers off at the knees...

Pretty much what I was thinking, I was just trying to be a little more sensitive about it. I get tired of seeing my tax dollars buy new rims and an in car dvd player for a rusted out 86 Chevy Caprice rather than buy their kids diapers and food. If the money wasn't handed to them, maybe they would think a little longer about what they spent it on, as well as have some concern for their kids' futures because welfare won't be there for them either.

Ooooh so now it's not just the leadership and organization to get a bill through, it's got to be done individually in your book to count as an accomplishment, eh?

Nope. But those are correct conditions to count as an accomplishment of an individual. What part of teamwork and group effort are you having problems understanding?

When an individual does something positive on their own, that is an individual accomplishment. When a group or team works together to do something positive, that is not an individual accomplishment.

… more straw man …

Do try to use analogies relevant to my claim.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Get real people... there are too many people on the planet already.

"I was here first. You can't come in." :D I hear the same thing about living in any city. Someone moved here 10 years ago, and they're bitter about all the people that moved in after them.

But you're right. Over-population is by far the largest environmental and social problem we have in the world today. Only one country has the courage to do anything about it (China), and they are internationally condemned for it. The nations want more taxpayers, and the churches need more followers.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

So what amount of the federal budget goes to providing for people who won't work? (As opposed to can't work or who are actively seeking a job).

Well I don't have a bunch of stats for you and sources to cite, but here's what I do know. I moved from Nebraska about a little over a year ago to Mississippi. Nebraska's unemployment rate was somewhere around 3 percent. I know if you lose a job in Nebraska and want to collect unemployment, you have to bring the employment office 3 filled out job applications a week to qualify. This puts the pressure on people to get a job, and once they have the income then the welfare will drop off too.

Now lets look at Mississippi. I don't have the sources right now to prove it, but I think its a pretty commonly accepted statistic that we are currently #2 in the country for unemployment rate which is around 22% I believe. What I have learned in this state so far, is there is no requirements to collect unemployment, meaning if I get laid off, I never have to show that I'm seeking work to collect unemployment. I feel bad for the employers that mistakenly hire one of the losers, because when they are forced to fire them, then it ends up costing the company quite a bit each month that they have to pay to the unemployment office. Wow, thats great for the economy. You'll understand why I just called them losers when you read the rest of my post.

Now for the reality of it. My wife is a manager at a nationally known department store here in Mississippi. She has been actively seeking an employee for almost six months that needs to do nothing more than operate a cash register and sit in the store and help customers that enter. She has gone thru 6 employees already that were completely unemployable and she's almost given up in trying to find one. This is a job that pays $9.50/hr, which goes a lot further in small town Mississippi than it would elsewhere, and this is the bottom of the barrell, this is as unskilled as labor can get. There are billboards in my town from employers seeking workers from welders to construction, to plucking chickens. Because of the size of the towns here, privately owned businesses are still very common. I am good friends with someone who owns a local painting company and one who owns a lumber yard. Neither one can find anybody willing to work for them that is reliable enough to even call if they are not going to show up. In fact the painter has actually gone to street corners with people holding cardboard signs and asked if they wanted to come paint with him for the week for $10/hr. Not once has he ever got a yes.

The reality of our unemployment rate is not our economy, but the fact that people down here are simply unemployable or don't have any need to work because they are sucking the govt tit. If these local businesses could find any help in order to grow and expand, it would have a snowball effect in creating more jobs and higher paying jobs as the business needed.

I could make an endless list of men and women down here in their prime with no children to support, that day in and day out do nothing but chill in the front yards with absolutely nothing holding them back from cowboy'n up and taking that $10/hr job.

There are no shortage of businesses that would like to expand if they could get the manpower to grow.

My wife moved down in February and dropped off resumes at four different places in her first week seeking work. All four of these places offered her management positions which she wasn't even seeking. Not to mention that this isn't even her line of work. She was a cosmetologist before she moved here. She didn't even look in the classifieds, she saw 4 places she thought she might work and went in. It is that simple down here. If you want to work, you will have a job.

Phew, sorry for the long post. So to answer your question, the percentage of those that are actually seeking work that need the money would probably be no more than 3% of the 22% theoretically comparing the two states given the economies would be similar which I've already stated that there are no shortage of jobs here. And thats assuming that the whole 3% in Nebraska really want to work.

Ooooh so now it's not just the leadership and organization to get a bill through, it's got to be done individually in your book to count as an accomplishment of an individual, eh?

irrelevant ramblings

I corrected your statement to reflect what I wrote. Please read more carefully.

When a task is performed by an individual, that is the accomplishment of an individual. When a task is performed by a group or team, that makes it a group accomplishment or team accomplishment. Being a group accomplishment doesn't make it any less impressive (or not); it just makes it different, and outside the context of my claim.

EDITED to add a link.. Mr Howard should be in friggin JAIL...

http://www.foxnews.com/...,2933,410321,00.html

You know what's really friggin funny, is after all the posting that I've done on here about the unemployment/welfare issue, I just noticed this in your post. This actually happened in the town I live in.:D:D. I work right by the plant and it was quite the show yesterday. Helicopters swarming the place and all.

Speaking of this, there's a few hundred more jobs, that just opened up in my town. :D:D

Your quote of 22% is almost3 times the real number of 7.9 percent from the Department of Labor http://www.bls.gov/web/laumstrk.htm.

Unemployment Rates for States
Monthly Rankings
Seasonally Adjusted
July 2008p

Rank State Rate
1 SOUTH DAKOTA 3.0
2 NEBRASKA 3.4
3 NORTH DAKOTA 3.5
3 UTAH 3.5
5 WYOMING 3.6
6 HAWAII 3.9
6 LOUISIANA 3.9
6 NEW HAMPSHIRE 3.9
9 MONTANA 4.0
10 IDAHO 4.1
10 NEW MEXICO 4.1
10 OKLAHOMA 4.1
13 IOWA 4.3
14 DELAWARE 4.4
14 MARYLAND 4.4
14 VIRGINIA 4.4
17 ARKANSAS 4.5
17 WEST VIRGINIA 4.5
19 KANSAS 4.6
20 TEXAS 4.7
21 VERMONT 4.8
22 WISCONSIN 4.9
23 ALABAMA 5.1
23 ARIZONA 5.1
23 MASSACHUSETTS 5.1
26 COLORADO 5.2
26 NEW YORK 5.2
28 MAINE 5.4
28 NEW JERSEY 5.4
28 PENNSYLVANIA 5.4
31 WASHINGTON 5.7
32 CONNECTICUT 5.8
32 MINNESOTA 5.8
34 OREGON 6.0
35 FLORIDA 6.1
36 GEORGIA 6.2
37 INDIANA 6.3
38 MISSOURI 6.4
39 NEVADA 6.6
39 NORTH CAROLINA 6.6
41 DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 6.7
41 KENTUCKY 6.7
43 ALASKA 6.9
43 TENNESSEE 6.9
45 SOUTH CAROLINA 7.0
46 OHIO 7.2
47 CALIFORNIA 7.3
47 ILLINOIS 7.3
49 RHODE ISLAND 7.7
50 MISSISSIPPI 7.9
51 MICHIGAN 8.5

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The problem with those statistics.. are usually for people who are actively collecting unemployment and who might be actually looking for a job.

There are alwasy the people who stopped looking... as well as the perennially unemployed who would rather live on handouts with the oh woe is me attitude.

The problem with those statistics.. are usually for people who are actively collecting unemployment and who might be actually looking for a job.

There are alwasy the people who stopped looking... as well as the perennially unemployed who would rather live on handouts with the oh woe is me attitude.

How many of those who won't work are receiving handouts from the federal govt? How much is it costing us? How does it compare with the cost of, say, the Iraq war?

The right is always complaining about their taxes going to support the unworthy, but HOW MUCH ($$$) ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No idea Prof.... I would prefer it to be ZERO.

I would also like to cut all the stupid shit we buy that supports a bunch of bloated fat cats in CERTAIN companies that this administration has blessed with contracts that have cost us BILLIONS with little if ANY return for our dollars.

The very fact that there are more contractors in Iraq than our US Military is appalling to me... there should be an accounting of every last dollar spent.. and if there is war profiteering or outright fraud.. the people involved. ON BOTH SIDES.... those who got the money.. and those who gave it to them knowing it was a boondoggle.....need a room in the federal pound em in the ass prison .

Can you tell I dont like corporate or military welfare programs either???

President Eisenhower KNEW these asswipes... too bad current politicians fawn over those same asswipes >:(>:(

Your quote of 22% is almost3 times the real number of 7.9 percent from the Department of Labor http://www.bls.gov/web/laumstrk.htm.

I don't know where I got the 22% figure. Obviously it wasn't unemployment where I heard that figure. I could of swore I saw it on msn.com. I knew we were second in the country for it, but 22% has to be something else.

After a little more research I know 22% is around the percentage of people below poverty level here. That may have been what I confused it with. I cannot seem to find statistics anywhere for the percentage of families on welfare to see if thats it, but 22% sounds too high for that as well.

I guess I'm just full of crap.:(

Bwaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaa!

Now an individual has to become the entire Congress in order to accomplish anything in the JCD book vice accomplish things as they are able under the Constitution as written?

if your defense mechanism has been more obvious, I can't recall it.

Let us know when you're ready to face facts.

In the mean time, practice my songs I wrote for you! Given enough practice and if you hve musical talent, you might be able to overcome Sir Kallend's anti-short-composer prejudice and get him to throw a couple of dimes in your hat!

Though reading the Constitution and following politics a bit more closely WOULD be a bit more fruitful endeavor...then again, if you haven't got it by now...

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Screw the slowly crap...

Cut the suckers off at the knees...

First.. cut the income tax deduction for children for ANY MORE THAN TWO.... I am sick to death of supporting stupid people who cant or wont stop having children who can not support the children they have.

Then check this out.

The 27-year-old woman and her husband already had three children — all girls. They badly wanted a boy, and she had not conceived in five years, so doctors gave her hormones.

The startling result was healthy septuplets — four boys and three girls — heralded by Egyptian doctors as a miracle. But debate persists about the ethics of fertility treatment in a nation where medical oversight is lax, incubators and neonatal respirators are rare, and many families face pressure to have a son.

In addition, Egypt faces concerns about overpopulation and cheap fertility drugs could lead to a wave of multiple births. President Hosni Mubarak warned in June that growth is hindering Egypt's economy, saying Egypt's population of 79 million — mostly crammed into the 3 percent of the country's area around the Nile River — will double by 2050.

For the mother, Ghazala Khamis, the most pressing question now is how her impoverished family is going to get by.

"I'm really scared," she said, lying in her hospital bed in this Mediterranean coastal city. "We live in a mud hut with only two rooms. I don't know how we're going to afford 10 children now."

WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE DEGENERATE MUD PRIMITIVES TO COMPLAIN THAT THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO RAISE THESE CHILDREN?! THEY [I]FUCKED[/I] TO MAKE THEM!! THEY TOOK [I]FUCKING FERTILITY DRUGS[/I] TO FUCKING MAKE THEM!! >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Jeanne, why are we agreeing on so much, all of a sudden? :o
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

"I was here first. You can't come in." :D I hear the same thing about living in any city. Someone moved here 10 years ago, and they're bitter about all the people that moved in after them.

What a specious misdirection.

It's not like there is a line of unborn people waiting to exist. No one who doesn't get born sends us communications asking what the fuckin' holdup is. They don't exist. It's up to the people who do exist to make new ones. If they just keep their fucking pants on, the world won't be so inundated with unsupportable offspring.

But you're right. Over-population is by far the largest environmental and social problem we have in the world today. Only one country has the courage to do anything about it (China), and they are internationally condemned for it. The nations want more taxpayers, and the churches need more followers.

Yup, those are some of the major problems, in a nutshell.

"Hey, what am I doing inside this nutshell? How did I get in here?" :P
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

Now an individual has to become the entire Congress in order to accomplish anything in the JCD book vice accomplish things as they are able under the Constitution as written?

Do you not read well? I never wrote any such thing. I'll assume you're trolling, because I'd like to think that you're more intelligent than your posts indicate.

So back to the Obama's accomplishments subject...

Bill Clinton was quoted yesterday:

“Suppose for example you’re a voter and you have candidate X and you have candidate Y,” Clinton said. “Candidate X agrees with you on everything but you don’t think that person can deliver on anything. Candidate Y disagrees with you on half the issues but you believe that on the other half, the candidate will be able to deliver.”

Hmmm...

(shamless self-promotion: check out my new posted video http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=7213 :)

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Jeanne, why are we agreeing on so much, all of a sudden?

Probably because so many on the far right want to label anyone who is not into sucking on NEO CON ASS.....a liberal.

As I am sure so many here have missed.. once upon a time I have voted for REPUBLICAN candidates....Nixon... Reagan....among them.

I have voted for libertarians on the local level.

But recently the rePUBICans have taken over the party and made it nearly impossible to find one I could support.. let alone vote for:S:S

Funny how some of the fringe right seem to think they are just conservative... and anyone that is not farther right than them... is a liberal.

I am definitely a fiscal conservative... and I do have some socially liberal ideas.. when it comes to people actually being free to live as they choose. It has ZERO affect on me if two men get married..or if two women live their lives together as a couple. As long as they are decent people and treat others well NO ONE should be able to intrude into their lives.
If two people want to have 10 kids.....no problem.. fine with me.. BUT they better be able to support them.... and not expect me to do so.

All those little tests tend to but me into the middle ground with very strong leanings towards libertarian. We have far too many laws on the books already.. more laws only lead to more government intrusion into our lives.. and make privacy a thing of the past.

That is another reason that I do not believe ANYONE has the inherent right to take another persons life.. other than to keep them from killing ME.

I read well and wrote exactly what you're inferring as part of your refusal to face facts. Again - face them whenever you like.

Here's another accomplishment of an individual in Congress - which you'll of course deny, being unable to face facts. Henry Clay and his Great Compromise! Aha! Yet another one! ANd you still won't face it, no doubt!

Bwaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa! Try reading the constitution, your own posts, and learning a bit. Never hurts.

:D:D:D

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!