Skyrad

Olympics 4x100 Team America and Australia

What happened? A truely crap performance by the USA and the UK mens team, thank God for the UK womens team. While we're on the subject of the Olympics what has happened to the lucky country? Has Australia won anything yet?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Part of the problem is that a lot of countries' relay teams practice their baton hand-offs a lot. The US teams do not. We've got a history of dropped batons. I would bet that every time we missed the medals in those relay events, was because of a dropped baton or hand-off outside the zone.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

While we're on the subject of the Olympics what has happened to the lucky country? Has Australia won anything yet?

They must be big in something the network isn't showing much - - fencing, equestrian and other miscellaneous gay sports.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

While we're on the subject of the Olympics what has happened to the lucky country? Has Australia won anything yet?

They must be big in something the network isn't showing much - - fencing, equestrian and other miscellaneous gay sports.

Seems that most of their medals are in swimming. I'll go check the medal counts...

Didn't take long to find it: http://www.nbcolympics.com/countries/country=aus/medals/medalists/index.html

Yep, mostly water sports medals
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

2008 Estimated population:
20,600,856 people

Australia Medal Count
Gold 11 Silver 13 Bronze 14 Total 38 Australia Athletes »

31 of those medals were earned in various water-related sports, be it swimming, diving, boating, or triathlons.

Those kinky Australians!

They're like the Jamaicans of track and field. It's about all they're good at.

20,600,856 people

Australia Medal Count

31 of those medals were earned in various water-related sports, be it swimming, diving, boating, or triathlons.

Hardly suprising, if I lived on an island surrounded by bastard big Sharks I'd be a bloody fast swimmer too!:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

20,600,856 people

Australia Medal Count

Hardly suprising, if I lived on an island surrounded by bastard big Sharks I'd be a bloody fast swimmer too!:D

So you guys are smart enough not to go in the water around your island? :D

20,600,856 people

Australia Medal Count

So how does that explain Phelps?

Hardly suprising, if I lived on an island surrounded by bastard big Sharks I'd be a bloody fast swimmer too!

Thats no shit

The first time you see something THAT BIG in the freakin water with you.. and you realize you are not necessarily the top of the food chain anymore...it makes for a PROFOUND moment in your life.

Its time to get the f@#@$ out of the water.....NOW

Seems that most of their medals are in swimming. I'll go check the medal counts...

Didn't take long to find it: http://www.nbcolympics.com/countries/country=aus/medals/medalists/index.html

Is that water sports as in water sports; or as in, . . . you know, . . . water sports? Wink wink, nudge nudge.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

like Lance Armstrong, genetic freak.

I heard them talking about his physical characteristics. Not so much a freak, but more like if you took every physical characteristic, and got to choose within the range found in humans the level or quality of that characteristic; he is what you would have if you decided to buiild a perfect human swimmer.

Massive lung capacity, double jointed, webbed digits, etc. Except for the hair. He oughta be bald. But he does have that rubber cap thing like the others.

Which makes me wonder; when will the runners get so fast that the only way to go faster will be miniscule details like shaving all their body hair?

like Lance Armstrong, genetic freak.

I heard them talking about his physical characteristics. Not so much a freak, but more like if you took every physical characteristic, and got to choose within the range found in humans the level or quality of that characteristic; he is what you would have if you decided to buiild a perfect human swimmer.

Massive lung capacity, double jointed, webbed digits, etc. Except for the hair. He oughta be bald. But he does have that rubber cap thing like the others.

Which makes me wonder; when will the runners get so fast that the only way to go faster will be miniscule details like shaving all their body hair?

Oh, somebody will eventually beat Phelps' records. Like Usain Bolt came along and broke the 100 and 200 meter sprint world records on the track while making it look like a Sunday jog in the park. :P

I'll just be damned if I see it happen in my lifetime.

Massive lung capacity, double jointed, webbed digits

Wearing a rubber cap..... Exactly what does it take to be a freak in your books:D
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The new Speedo suits improve the water flow over the body better then removing every hair on the body could ever do. Those things look painted on. :S

And they take about 20 minutes to put on. :S

Ya, we do well mostly in water sports too: Hockey, Speed skating, curling,.. did I mention hockey.

Well, technically speaking anyways... :D