base_nz

Onward Christian Soldiers (with special new laws)

While wearing a t-shirt that says: Mary was only a virgin if you don't count anal.

I love how people like you absolutely hate to have religion shoved down their throat, yet do the EXACT SAME THING with their lack of morals. You don't want to hear about God? Well I don't want to hear about evil that is called good, nor do I want to see a parade of things that blaspheme God.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

While wearing a t-shirt that says: Mary was only a virgin if you don't count anal.

Well I don't want to hear about evil that is called good, nor do I want to see a parade of things that blaspheme God.

:)
Though you may not want to hear about it....Didnt the pope just try to apologize for all the evil that is called good.... within the church??( not to mention all the other past evils that have flowed under that particular banner?

And im sorry... but that T-shit just about sums up what i think of an immaculate conception too.....:)
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Why in the world would you want to bother these people?

Its not even a case of deliberately targeting them; if you're in the CBD and wearing a shirt of your own volition that happens to "annoy" a WYD pilgrim, that's sufficient grounds for the cops to detain you, search you and write you up for $5500!

I'm guessing the authorities are still smarting from the Chaser boys' Bin Laden stunt during Bush's visit for APEC....B|

So much for freedom of speech, I didn't realise the Christian right were so powerful in Oz.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Hosting a man who helped murder kids in the 80s?

????? What Fred West is going there?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Why in the world would you want to bother these people?

Here's a thought, it doesn't fucking matter!

Needing a 'legitimate' reason to say something in order to be allowed to say it is not freedom of speech, and by extension is not freedom.

You mean like "I forgot my Bomb" whe you get to the check in desk at the airport. Or "I think the curtain is on fire!" at the theatre. Or while standing in the middle of a group of religious fundmentlists wearing a T shirt expousing ones love of the devil.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Needing a 'legitimate' reason to say something in order to be allowed to say it is not freedom of speech, and by extension is not freedom.

Huh?

Motive is irrelevant to the right to protest.

Even if the motive behind the protest is to incite racial hatred?

(Slightly off track here I know)
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Sanity has prevailed!!!!!

The federal court has just unanimously overturned the 'annoying clause' on the grounds that it was not the intention of Parliament to empower the World Youth Day Authority to "make such vague and extensive limits to free speech".

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24022955-5016937,00.html
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world-youth-day/court-dumps-annoy-law/2008/07/15/1215887596459.html

Good! Now go and annoy a few of them.

and put that knife back down Jasmin
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I walked out there tonight expecting to see all of the usual crazies..Drunken shouting tracksuit lady, Jonny radio ect...

There was not 1 homeless,crackhead, nutter......

I am truley truly , for the first time in years AMAZED..... it was a bit scary really...where have they put them all???.......

Soilent Green..... What do you think they make Veggiemite out of?:D
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You mean like "I forgot my Bomb" whe you get to the check in desk at the airport. Or "I think the curtain is on fire!" at the theatre. Or while standing in the middle of a group of religious fundmentlists wearing a T shirt expousing ones love of the devil.

Yes, I do think you should be llowed to say the word 'bomb' in an airport. Has a prospective airline bomber ever been caught becase they were overheard talking about it in the terminal? Fire in a theatre I don't know.

As for the last one, give me any reason why that should not be allowed. Anything at all. What could you possibly see wrong with that?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Same as the first example you could start a riot.

Im guessing if they start a riot over a t-shirt they arnt the christians they claim to be!....Unless of course they have been given special judgment powers over there fellow man???....But i thought that was there bosses job?
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Same as the first example you could start a riot.

So people should be made to bow to the pressure of the intolerant, just in case the intolerant can't control themselves? That's fucked up thinking there, Skyrad.[:/]

Should people be made to not be black at a white supremacist rally? Not act gay at a homophobic demonstration?

One might arue that if the purpose of the demonstration is to incite hatred then the demonstration should no be allowed in the first place.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

One might arue that if the purpose of the demonstration is to incite hatred then the demonstration should no be allowed in the first place.

But if you think that the christians are going to riot at the sight of a devil worship T-shirt then they obviously carry a huge amount of hate themselves, so you should be arguing that their demonstration be banned, rather than the protester!

Could you imagine any other group of pedophiles holding a World Youth Day? If any other organization had as many child molestation cases files against them and tried to do this it would be total outrage!
And it is being held mostly at Randwick Race Course. How fitting for a Catholic event. Maybe a legal bingo game will break out for the kids!
And this Cardinal Pell dude was accused of child molestation, and he has cover for others in his church for the same offenses.
Who in their right mind is letting their kids go to this????
Blasphemy at its finest...:S

Firstly i have lived in Kings cross for a few years and to say its a bit seedy is an understatement!!!!

I walked out there tonight expecting to see all of the usual crazies..Drunken shouting tracksuit lady, Jonny radio ect...

There was not 1 homeless,crackhead, nutter......

I am truley truly , for the first time in years AMAZED..... it was a bit scary really...where have they put them all???.......

And earlier on i was involved in an incident between some Krishna's and christians.......it was some sort of religious danceoff....i think to determine the one true faith .....a surprisingly large amount of bystanders chose to join the hometown favorite....

KRISHNA....KRISNA KRISHNA ....HARE HARE!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Gave em free tickets to the zoo?:S
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

In my opinion you should be able to say anything as long as you are only representing yourself. You should be able to say I got a bomb in the airport and you should also be prepaired to get searched. There ain't nothing wrong with going to a NAACP meeting and saying you hate black people (except that its ignorant and racist).

On that note Im off to watch some http://www.digitalfuntown.com/ to get some hilarity into my life.
Is there anything better than hitting a jump in the morning and then unwinding to the hilarious shows Digitalfuntown is nice enough to offer.