Andy9o8

FOX News Doctors NY Times Photos

Fair. Balanced. And, apparently, unafraid.

(It's best to click on the link & see the photos for yourself.)

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/07/03/fox-news-doctors-ny-times-photos/?icid=100214839x1205054480x1200229846

FOX News Doctors NY Times Photos

Fox News has sunk to a new low. On Wednesday, the network displayed photos that its editors had doctored of two New York Times employees--reporter Jacques Steinberg, and editor Steven Radcliffe. Media Matters has graciously provided us with the before-and-after evidence showing that Fox purposefully yellowed Steinberg's teeth, widened his nose and chin, and photo-shopped his ears stick out further.
Radcliffe also received the yellow-teeth treatment, as well as dark circles under his eyes, and an exaggeration of his receding hairline.

If they hadn't been so greedy, they would have had plausible deniability. A lot of the distortions came from the change in the aspect ratio. You can do this very easily in html - include the image, but specify the width/height and the browser will resize accordingly.

A color rebalancing could result in the yellow shift on the teeth. Iffy, but it's very hard to maintain colorspace/gamma in jpeg files for all viewing computers. Maybe could explain away the dark eyes this way as well.

But...there's no question that they added hair to the first guy, and subtracted it from the second. The second one was so badly done you can see where the blurring was applied to the center forehead.

A lot of the distortions came from the change in the aspect ratio. You can do this very easily in html - include the image, but specify the width/height and the browser will resize accordingly.

I think the photos were displayed on air, not on the website.
Owned by Remi #?

What's amazing is not that Fox would stoop so low, but that we go to places like this for our news and believe what they tell us!!!! Even when we see how they operate, we STILL go back for more and form our opinions based on the BS they spew forth.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

What's amazing is not that Fox would stoop so low, but that we go to places like this for our news and believe what they tell us!!!! Even when we see how they operate, we STILL go back for more and form our opinions based on the BS they spew forth.

linz

Oh, hell, my father-in-law has FOXNews on TV 24/7 at their house.
Yet one more reason I avoid their house. B|

"Reuters...paging Reuters to the phone"

Yep, and here's where FOX said it was a "Media Black Eye". I guess only when it's someone else doing it.

Yes, absolutely... like when all y'all were up in arms over the news magazine (Time, I think it was) giving Condoleeza Rice "devil eyes".

Oh, wait...y'all weren't. I guess it really IS only when "someone else does it" when everyone doesn't pile on YOUR bandwagon?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I guess it really IS only when "someone else does it" when everyone doesn't pile on YOUR bandwagon?

I don't hear anyone saying that doctoring photos is appropriate journalism, regardless of who's doing it to whom.
Ohne Liebe sind wir nichts

I guess it really IS only when "someone else does it" when everyone doesn't pile on YOUR bandwagon?

I don't hear anyone saying that doctoring photos is appropriate journalism, regardless of who's doing it to whom.

I didn't say it was, either...just pointing out that it's happened before.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Now, now, now. Throwing facts in the face of liberalism can be very, very unsettling to the liberals. Aren't you at all sensitive to their feelings?

:D:D:D:D

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Now, now, now. Throwing facts in the face of liberalism can be very, very unsettling to the liberals. Aren't you at all sensitive to their feelings?

As a long time proud member of the republican party, cool to see that all I'd have to do to be called a "liberal" here in SC is to criticize FOX news for doctoring photographs.
Ohne Liebe sind wir nichts

wow & it wasn't even a decent job of doctoring the pics. they look faked. & thank you for sharing the piece. I have a new sig line now. :D:D 'will I fight back no: "It would just be fighting against a pig, everyone gets dirty and the pig likes it."

yes I doctored it a little. :DB|
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak