lawrocket

Bob Barr announces POTUS Candidacy as a Libertarian

>The Libertarian Party doesn't even list him as one of their Presidential candidates:

They do now, and he's #1 in money raised.

Last I heard it was the voters/delegates who decide who is the top candidate. If Barr is too far from the beliefs of the majority of the Libertarian Party he will not get the party nomination.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

The Libertarian Philosophy is alot like Communism in one way. It sounds great till you actually try to apply it. Then you find it doesn’t work. The Party has some great ideas in principal however the extremist and nutcases have always had control and therefore never been able to make a real difference.

The United States arguably worked a lot better when we governed ourselves closer to more libertarian ideals. We didn't need free speech zones, could own private war ships, were not subject to unreasonable search and seizure, with no federal drug laws didn't have the largest per capita incarceration rate in the world, had no illegal immigration problem, etc.

The Libertarian Philosophy is alot like Communism in one way. It sounds great till you actually try to apply it. Then you find it doesn’t work. The Party has some great ideas in principal however the extremist and nutcases have always had control and therefore never been able to make a real difference.

The United States arguably worked a lot better when we governed ourselves closer to more libertarian ideals. We didn't need free speech zones, could own private war ships, were not subject to unreasonable search and seizure, with no federal drug laws didn't have the largest per capita incarceration rate in the world, had no illegal immigration problem, etc.

Didn't have the largest debt in the history of the world... didn't invade nations which presented no threat... avoided "the necessity of those overgrown military establishments, which, under any form of government, are inauspicious to liberty, and which are to be regarded as particularly hostile to Republican Liberty".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So what we have here is another hard core Ultra rightie repubican who wants to masquerade as a libertarian... go figure.
I am amazed he is not a member of Dropzone dot com and post here in SC.. seems to be the norm for so many of the "libertarians" in here:S:S:S

Ahem. I'm a Libertarian, and I'm a left wing atheist who owns guns.

Bob Barr is a hypocritical tool BTW.

I was all for him running, but I thought you meant Bob Parr

not Bob Barr

my bad

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I know what you are Gareth...and you sure as hell are a closer fit to a Libertarian than any of the far righties here who proclaim they are.

The fact remains that over the years I have seen a preponderance of so called self pronounced "Libertarians" here who have been the staunchest of supporters for any right wing incompetence that Bush and his cronies have dreamt up to fuck over the american people.:S

I know what you are Gareth...and you sure as hell are a closer fit to a Libertarian than any of the far righties here who proclaim they are.

The fact remains that over the years I have seen a preponderance of so called self pronounced "Libertarians" here who have been the staunchest of supporters for any right wing incompetence that Bush and his cronies have dreamt up to fuck over the american people.:S

Which version am I? :ph34r:

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I don't see how anyone can call themselves a libertarian after voting for the 'Patriot' act. Republican, Libertarian, Democrat...Doesn't matter to me, Dr Paul will have my vote. I think we over emphasis the party titles, hell even Dr Paul said out of the three front runners he would vote for Obama before McCain :o:S

I don't see how anyone can call themselves a libertarian after voting for the 'Patriot' act. Republican, Libertarian, Democrat...Doesn't matter to me, Dr Paul will have my vote. I think we over emphasis the party titles, hell even Dr Paul said out of the three front runners he would vote for Obama before McCain :o:S

I got an email from the Paul campaign last night talking about closing up shop in our state in anticipation of our state convention. I wrote a short reply to the director of his campaign in our state. The gist of my message was that although he was unlikely to listen, I sincerely hoped she would encourage him to run as a third party candidate. And I spelled out why, from this Libertarian's point of view, Obama is more desirable than Barr or McCain. ;)

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I think as more time passes people are realizing that McCain is the wrong choice for this country. Paul's campaign is still picking up speed and he still has 4-5MM in the bank. Though it's too late for the republican nomination, unless something happens to McCain, I don't see any reason why he couldn't go independent except the fact that he would be shunned by the media and not invited into debates....Which has already happened!

He's often asked if he's going independent when interviewed. If Ron Paul were to announce he was going independent it may actually get him a burst of media coverage, and most likely a money bomb would be coordinated that would dwarf that of the 'Tea Party'. I'm very interested to see how it plays out, even though he has said time and time again that there is almost no chance he will do it.

Barr got the nomination.

I'm gonna need some REAL convincing now. For the first time ever, I may vote for a major party presidential candidate. Despite my libertarian philosophy, I'm leaning toward Obama. I just can't see myself voting for Barr.

The libertarian party leadership may now be selling out. Are they throwing this one in for the name for future elections?

Now I don't know for whom I'll vote.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Exactly. He voted for the Patriot Act. He took stands against drug legalization, gay marriage and abortion.

Libertarian? He's as Libertarian as LBJ was communist - sure, plenty of similarities in the programs but too many differences to be genuine.

I just don't think I can vote for the guy - a wolf in sheep's clothing

Exactly. He voted for the Patriot Act. He took stands against drug legalization, gay marriage and abortion.

Libertarian? He's as Libertarian as LBJ was communist - sure, plenty of similarities in the programs but too many differences to be genuine.

Libertarians are sheep?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Libertarians are sheep?

That does seem to be his assertion, along with right wing conservatives being wolves (predators). :D
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Both of you seem to have honed in on "sheep."

Am I to assume that honing in on sheep is something you are accustomed to doing? While I use sheep in a figurative sense, it seems that you both "use sheep" in the literal fashion.:o

;)

Well, I guess that settles it for me. If Ron Paul sticks by his word that he will not run as an independent, I'll be voting for either Obama or myself.

Speaking of Ron Paul, what's he up to? Today's email from his campaign mentions a rally in Missouri that everyone present will "long remember" and that those who show up will watch "history in the making." Is there the slightest chance that he's going to run as an independent?

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Well, I guess that settles it for me. If Ron Paul sticks by his word that he will not run as an independent, I'll be voting for either Obama or myself.

Speaking of Ron Paul, what's he up to? Today's email from his campaign mentions a rally in Missouri that everyone present will "long remember" and that those who show up will watch "history in the making." Is there the slightest chance that he's going to run as an independent?

Blues,
Dave

*crossing fingers*
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706