BillyVance

Is God trying to tell us something?

The world did, in fact, end each time. It was then re-created as if nothing had happened (kind of like the season of "Dallas" that was just a dream).

:D:D

John,

The truth comes out, you were a 'Dallas' fan. I can't make fun of you though as I was a 'Dynasty' fan.:D

It reminds me of the whole Y2K prophets of doom.

When society didn't totally collapse in January 2000, the prophets didn't give up. They said that the Powers That Be (Government & Corporations) were involved in a Big Coverup of the actual damage of Y2K.

So the Media is being controlled by A Great Conspiracy so that the Sheeple won't wake up & realize that civilization actually did collapse (and that the Y2K prophets were right all along!).

It's like the Matrix, maaaan.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Ah -- another believer that the US government created AIDS to destroy the black man.

Nope.. BUT.. the Reagan Administration and the right wing gave it a chance to run rampant for several years without lifting a finger because it was a GAY disease....and gods wrath on gays.

Too bad they did not see it as a human issue.. because far more straight humans have died of it than gays so far[:/]

Ive read all of your posts. I am disheartened that some will never see until it is too late. Have we not learned anything? People are not special in the flesh, we are not more important than a poor lonely widow in the rice fields of Myanmar. While I dont agree with our seemingly utter disregard to teach what is right to one another with a heart of understanding, mercy, forgiveness, truth, and love, I do consider it a blessing to be born in America. Most of us live in a lie. We sincerely believe that we love sin and we are willing to defend something that we truly deep down do not want...we are slaves in a prison we built, free to leave, but afraid to. We have posts and posts of free will discussions, when in reality free will exists to give us what we want, regardless if we know why. We are rebellious by nature even if that means remaining so stubborn that we will acutally do ourselves harm before aknowledging the truth. If we want a life of sin, we take it and the consequences it breeds, satisfying our rebelious nature, and filling our hearts desire with a lust that is only filled with more lust. When God introduced sin into this world, he had a purpose...to introduce grace, so that the spirit of God would live through man, Gods favorite creation, the Son of Man. Now sin has to be destroyed and will be once and for all, but the Word must still be fulfilled. God will get rid of all that causes sin and all who revel in it. He is destroying sins work and creating in us a new heart and a new mind, one that is open to recieve the limitless suppy of love that the spirit of God desires to graciously lavish on us (just try and imagine what power this love actually has).

He is making us all to be just like him, but in a new form (with a body of some sort). All those who genuinely follow Jesus are being transformed into this spirit already, but just in such a small measure that Jesus literally describes it as being born again, that means like an infant. Surely we have all seen an infant...pretty miraculous arent they; bring alot of love into our hearts dont they? According to God, who did come down and tell us, those who find this grace will not die, but will be lifted up the skies to be with Jesus. We cant really fathom that reality, so we have living hope intstead, which is inspired more and more by love, which brings us joy. I think we know that two people could live in the same household, have the same opprotunitys, the same possessions ect...but one may be living in a darker part of his heart than the other. Meaning that this world, even the tragic circumstances, is not responsible for the amount of love we let in. Heaven is found and entered within the heart. The secret, as Jesus says it, is to leave everything, to die completely to this world. Now many people believe that to be literal, I dont, because that would go against the point of the secret. It isnt what you have or even what you dont have, its what has you and what doesnt have you. If our hearts are opened by anything, thats family to, that is not God, then we are subject to the devestation and hell of the heart right here on earth. On the otherhand, if Gods love is what reigns in our hearts, then it is Gods love that loves your family and your loved ones. Anytime love works through us, we feel the joy in that love as well. Loves very nature is to share, thats its passion, its purpose and it will devour anything that gets in its way, it is literally, either accept it, or die to it and never find it. Grace is that love. Like a waterfall in which you stand under, it will not let you out, but weve got to walk into the waterfall.

Is God trying to tell us something? Absolutely. And its really not that hard to figure out. Sin is over, this worldly dominion that it bred will be destroyed and everyone who loves it will be destroyed with it. All those who hate it will find eternal life. Repent with all your heart and turn back to me in truth and I will love you as my own child and I will show you the greater and finer things in my heart. The end will come, man will destroy himself.
"We didn't start the fire"

"I am that I am"

I think you might be confusing god with Popeye.

Look, it makes absolutely no freekin' sense that god would ever "work in mysterious ways" if, as you say he is the "God of ALL Gods".

Let's just put that one to rest right now. If god were so vain as to repeatedly make that statement in biblical times, then why in god's name would he not simply be more obvious today?

IF god wanted to send us a "message", he'd could easily just rearrange the stars and freekin' spell it out for us in unambiguous language. Something to the effect of, "Hey guys, god here. I just wanted to tell you all that 99% of you are full of shit and these guys over here on this little island are, in fact, the one true religion. Now stop being assholes and fighting wars over it. See! I just TOLD you what is the truth and now you can all go about your ant like existence and for christ sake stop giving money to assholes on TV."

That's to say IF god actually existed and gave a crap about what we thought.

I understand your frustration. What you just said hit me pretty hard, so I gave you a couple of end times verses spoken by Jesus to relate to your heart. And when you give, give to God, God will repay all those who stole from his heart.

14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Immediately after the distress of those days
" 'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

God was speaking to Moses at the time,

Exactly, at the time.

Not so chatty now, is he?

God is more patient with you than you know. Believe me, you are not out of his heart by a long shot. And remember that Gods word speaks through action, just be careful with what you allow yourself to believe and say.

"God of ALL Gods"...yes, "I am that I am"....that's the ONE.
He has been trying to get people's attention for many thousands of years...and still they don't listen, because it would likely mean a change in their lifestyle.
You should listen before its too late.
That is ONE that you can take to the bank.....

Amen Brother. We are at the end of our days. I've read Revelations Seven Times, it's all happening right before our eyes.

You know that people have been saying that since the Bible was first published, right?

Why are we at the end times? War? What's new? Political instability? What's new? Famine? what's new? Economic decline? What's new? Natural disasters? What's fucking new?

The rumors are whats new, the way we hear of everything and see it on television ect.... The end times prophecy speaks of us seeing all these things. Read it for yourself...No one wants to know about the end unless they hear about the beginning. God does give us hope. In fact, more than what we could have imagined (at least it was that way with me)

Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,[a]' and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house. 18Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. 19How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.

26"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29"Immediately after the distress of those days
" 'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'[c]

30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[d]is near, right at the door. 34I tell you the truth, this generation[e] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown
36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time,' 49and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Why would a King of England be needed to authorize the word of god?

Dude, stop asking silly questions.

It is a purposefully mysterious and complicated procedure God is going through to bring about The End, and only Chuteless is privy to the details of His actual plan, which God keeps changing apparently as time rolls forward.

:D

I saw this show last night, before changing the channel to the ghost investigation... that focused on the theories of the end times as interpreted in Revelations. It is wide open to interpretation, and could mean almost anything, but one thing we have seen over the last 150 years or so are doomsday cults predicting the end of the world that never came. People selling all their worldly possessions and giving the proceeds to their "messiah" cult leaders and waiting for that day that never came.

I dunno. Some people say it'll come in our lifetime and I read somewhere that Nostradamus predicted that it would happen during the reign of the 2nd pope after John Paul the 2nd, which means the next pope after Benedict.

My details are fuzzy so don't take my word for it. I just don't care. I'll just continue to live my life and raise my daughter and love my wife for as long as I'm able to.

Jesus gave us the secret to survive the end times. Hope beyond this life and pray so that we do not fall into tempation and fallaway from our salvation. He also told us how to watch and wait. So we have to learn how to wait, while not being alarmed, afraid, troubled, or decieved. Like waiting for something we know will happen, while still living with love in our hearts. Jesus also told us to not worry, that such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Let me be clear, falling away from the faith is not the same as sinning. Love of sin is what causes us to fallaway from the faith, as love for sin causes hatred toward God. If the heart of the person is sincere in his remorse (God sees our remorse more clearly than we do, he also sees the love we have for him more clearly than we do as well), the mercy of God is limitless, this is the power of grace...not only will he forgive, he absolutely loves to forgive. Everytime we are forgiven through sincere repentance, grace is understood more and more. Grace is the presence of God, the more we stand in the presence of God, the more we understand what life is all about and can teach one another what Jesus taught us.

> as love for sin causes hatred toward God.

indifference, really.

I'll do my boozing and sexing and gambling and he can continue to hide in the imaginary corner on the other side of the universe.

And if the end is really near, I might as well continue, since I sure as fuck am not repenting at the last hour.

BTW- using 1000 words to say nothing isn't a proof.

> as love for sin causes hatred toward God.

indifference, really.

I'll do my boozing and sexing and gambling and he can continue to hide in the imaginary corner on the other side of the universe.

And if the end is really near, I might as well continue, since I sure as fuck am not repenting at the last hour.

BTW- using 1000 words to say nothing isn't a proof.

Your right, I have a problem saying what I need to say with fewer words. But, what I summed up for you, is what the the Gospel is all about. If not, let someone who is familiar with the Word tell me otherwise. I do not want to be careless with Gods Word.

As far as your love for sin, do not think for one second you are fooling anyone but yourself. I was the exact same way and whether we like it or not, sin also has earthly consequences, and it will disturb our great search for peace and content. As for repenting at the last hour...Jesus said, "Many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." You may have just revealed you are closer than you think. Many dont even see the things they do as sin.

If god is so smart and if "he" created everything, then why will he not just address the masses in such ways everyone can understand? No reason to kill thousands in an effort to communicate himself....if this is the case, he has some real anger managenment problems!;):D:D:D:D

Maybe buy some time on prime time TV and give an address, or, make a special apperance on Jesus and Friends or something!:D:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Your God creates natural disasters (that kills men, women, and children) instead of sending a messenger ... what a loving God you have.

No. He just created the Earth and turned it over to some bitch called Mother Nature. Occasionally, she goes on a tear and rips things apart.

Your God creates natural disasters (that kills men, women, and children) instead of sending a messenger ... what a loving God you have.

No. He just created the Earth and turned it over to some bitch called Mother Nature. Occasionally, she goes on a tear and rips things apart.

Omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and callous.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If god is so smart and if "he" created everything, then why will he not just address the masses in such ways everyone can understand? No reason to kill thousands in an effort to communicate himself....if this is the case, he has some real anger managenment problems!;):D:D:D:D

Maybe buy some time on prime time TV and give an address, or, make a special apperance on Jesus and Friends or something!:D:D:D:D

Its important to understand what is happening. Consider if all the scientists in the world came together in a summit somewhere and decided that becasue of the way we have been living, the earth is evolving in ways that will ultimately destroy us. Whose fault would it be, ours, or earths? Ok, now that we understand its ours, dont we have to deal with the destruction we caused? It is not as if nature has anything against us, it is just the wisdom of an evolving continuum of time and space. Gods judgement on the sin of man was already brought forth through Jesus, now he is just shifting the wine into another wineskin. The "wisdom of man" will pass and all the knowledge we have gained will dissapear, what we are witnessing is the beginning of birth pains. The scale of what is to come is on such a level that even the greatest minds of man, all of our greatest accomplishments will look like an ant in the ocean. Hard to imagine? Why? When God, who is eternal, shakes the heavenly bodies, the awe will be so inspiring and amazing, I dont know, I would think our tranze-like state would be ignorant to everything else around us, even our own pain. At that moment, we will know who God is. Whoevers' lifetime this happens in, and it will happen, will be witness to the most awsome spectacle of Gods power since the creation of Heaven and earth.

This is a good point, why not something as simple a shining cross in the sky, just to let us know hes out there...

[sic]If Jesus had really been a new messenger from God, had he really been the Son of God, some writings of his would have been left behind. He left nothing at all. There are no writings attributed to Jesus. There are no archaeological artefacts. It is impossible to believe that God would have done nothing to make sure that some direct evidence to Jesus existed. All we have is hearsay. Hearsay isn’t always wrong but it is not very convincing. God didn’t ensure that any direct evidence for Jesus survived therefore God doesn’t care if we doubt or even disbelieve the existence of Jesus
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Its important to understand what is happening. Consider if all the scientists in the world came together in a summit somewhere and decided that becasue of the way we have been living, the earth is evolving in ways that will ultimately destroy us. Whose fault would it be, ours, or earths? Ok, now that we understand its ours, dont we have to deal with the destruction we caused? It is not as if nature has anything against us, it is just the wisdom of an evolving continuum of time and space. Gods judgement on the sin of man was already brought forth through Jesus, now he is just shifting the wine into another wineskin. The "wisdom of man" will pass and all the knowledge we have gained will dissapear, what we are witnessing is the beginning of birth pains. The scale of what is to come is on such a level that even the greatest minds of man, all of our greatest accomplishments will look like an ant in the ocean. Hard to imagine? Why? When God, who is eternal, shakes the heavenly bodies, the awe will be so inspiring and amazing, I dont know, I would think our tranze-like state would be ignorant to everything else around us, even our own pain. At that moment, we will know who God is. Whoevers' lifetime this happens in, and it will happen, will be witness to the most awsome spectacle of Gods power since the creation of Heaven and earth.

What you are speaking of in a round-about-way is called Free Will. And Free Will does nothing but let "God" off the hook for not taking more interest in man. So, again, why does this guy not come to Earth and talk to us in a language we can all understand?

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I was the exact same way and whether we like it or not, sin also has earthly consequences, and it will disturb our great search for peace and content.

I don't necessarily see "boozing and sexing and gambling" as "sin," but I do agree that those actions have earthly consequences. And in excess, they can disturb a search for peace and content, if that is what one is looking for.

What you are speaking of in a round-about-way is called Free Will. And Free Will does nothing but let "God" off the hook for not taking more interest in man. So, again, why does this guy not come to Earth and talk to us in a language we can all understand?

Its much much more than free will, its more about accepting the truth, but ok. God himself came down, suffered and was crucified for us. I dont think thats "letting "God" off the hook". He spoke very clearly, its just that not everyone wants to hear what he said. Those who hear it find life, those who dont will find death in thier sin. His message is repent, turn to God, and love one another. The funny thing about repentance is that we are scared to death of it. Either we dont want to fail or we dont want to quit doing the things which are running our lives. This is how I felt, but on the other side of repentance is the life we really want, its just that we dont truly believe that until we see it, and we cant see it unless we repent with all our hearts. This is the clear message of the entire bible. This is it, the big secret, this is what Jesus died for. He gave us the forgiveness of God through his blood, he gave us life through his spirit.

I was the exact same way and whether we like it or not, sin also has earthly consequences, and it will disturb our great search for peace and content.

I don't necessarily see "boozing and sexing and gambling" as "sin," but I do agree that those actions have earthly consequences. And in excess, they can disturb a search for peace and content, if that is what one is looking for.

I understand. In any event it is not being sin free which finds the spirit. We cant do or not do anything to find it. It only comes through repentance and acceptance of the Holy Spirit through Jesus. That being said it is the life of righteousness in which one will find the greatest gift. I did not see this before I became born again, but now I see it as clearly as I see this computer screen. Ask yourself what you really really want in this life....Just humor me, dig down deep into your inner being and ask yourself what you really want...Hang with me now, I promise I am not a self-righteous hypocrite and some of the things I will tell you may suprise you...but just think for now and i will write more in a few minutes....

Did you find what you really want yet? Keep that, that is very sacred to you, and that is closer to who you are than you think. One of the hardest things to find in this life is what we really want. God knows exactly what that is. Because, one, we are made in his image, and two, he made each one of us special. Its not that hard to believe that we are all uniquely special in many ways. While we believe what we really want is the nature of our sinful ways, the truth is that we all want to be understood and comforted with an unfailing love. No one understands us like God and no one loves us like God.

Sin is in the heart. It is guilt that gets covered up and over time hardens our heart and callouses it, making it hard to recieve love in increasing measures. When truth reveals it to ourselves and to God, grace erases it completely, of course one has to have faith that Jesus is the atonement for sin to truly believe they are forgiven. What begins to reveal itself is how much we really dont like sin and a newfound desire comes about, one we had not seen. We find a desire for righteousness that we did not have before. Just as our perception changes, and just as the death of one life, finds life in another, so do our desires change in ways we had not seen before.

If I included scripture in anything that I write about, my posts would be twice as long.

We've seen a lot more genocides than just the Jews in the past century.

Here's a list for just the previous century. A prediction that a particular group will one day be subject to a mass slaughtering rampage seems pretty safe. Given enough time, I'd say it is downright likely.

20th Century Genocide

I really wonder about our species sometimes.

The following mass murder listing is just for the 20th Century:

• 1.5 million Armenians at the hands of the Turks between 1915 and 1918.
• Rwanda, the one we said would be the last- 800,000 dead in the mid 1990’s
• Pol Pot’s Cambodian killing fields – 2 million dead in the late 1970’s.
• Hitler’s 6 million Jews, quarter-million Gypsies, and various other groups.
• From the 2-can-play-that-game category, Bosnia – Herzegovina, 200,000 dead in the early 1990’s.
• Known as the Rape of Nanking, 1937-38, 300,000 dead,
• Stalin’s forced famine, 1932-33 – 7 million dead.
• Other lesser known miscellaneous efforts
• 3 million Ukrainians
• 6 million Slavs
• 25 million Chinese
• 1 million Ibos
• 1.5 million Bengalis
• 200,000 Guatemalans
• 500,000 Indonesians
• 200,000 East Timorese
• 250,000 Burundians
• 2 million North Koreans
• Transcending centuries is the latest and greatest ethnic cleansing still going on in Sudan – 2 million dead and counting.

None of the above are military casualties either. They are civilians, by and large slaughtered by their own government, or by the puppet government installed by some other more powerful country. And they are not just shot and killed, or bomber from on high. Many of the actions against these civilian populations are far more brutal than what is experienced by troops in combat. There seems to be no end to the creativity of this evil ferocity. The latest stories from Sudan include soldiers building large bonfires and throwing children onto them. Any child able to crawl out alive is thrown back in. They seem to take particular joy in doing this in front of the children’s mothers. (The men and teenage boys are all immediately slaughtered as the first step in the village raids).

“Never again” has turned into “Again and again.” Again and again, the response to genocide has been too little and too late. During the Armenian genocide and the Holocaust, the world’s response was denial. In 1994, while 800,000 Tutsis died in Rwanda, State Department lawyers debated whether it was “genocide”, and the U.N. Security Council withdrew U.N. peacekeeping troops who could have saved hundreds of thousands of lives.
Genocide is the world’s worst intentional human rights problem. But it is different from other problems and requires different solutions. Because genocide is almost always carried out by a country’s own military and police forces, the usual national forces of law and order cannot stop it. International intervention is usually required. But because the world lacks an international rapid response force, and because the United Nations has so far been either paralyzed or unwilling to act, genocide has gone unchecked.

I really wonder about our species sometimes.

" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Yesterday a retired General, and now a Senator told a House of Commons committee that both Canada and the USA are morally equal to Al Qaeda.

He suggested if either operates against the law, then they are complicit, its either you have the law, or you dont have the law, and anarchy reigns.

I agree with him

Many of te churches and evangelists are busy building an empire of their own, misleading those who have a real interest in the Gospels, and following Christ.

Both Catholic and Potestant churches are making bug money, expanding their tax free empires, and telling the people what they want to hear...instead of what they should hear

All signs of the end times.

YES....God is a loving God, to those who obey His commandments and accept and follow Jesus Christ ,the Son of God.

For those who worship idols, look at what God did to the Jews, and look around at the disasters that befall idol worshippers both in North America and third world countries.

He IS a Loving, longsuffering God, and willing to accept anyone, and love them only IF theyare faithful to Him.

You say that, without knowing anything about what I know from ( between my father and myself) over 75years of research.

Stop showing ignorance.

God is very very real, and one day YOU and everyone else will bow before Jesus Christ and verbally declare Him to be the Son of the Living God.