BillyVance

Is God trying to tell us something?

If you can get a life, it could only be an improvement of intelligence from what you exhibit now.

Anything would help.

Why don't you enlighten us with your intelligence ... If some of your children are saints and some of your children are sinners would you consider yourself to be a loving father if you killed all of your children to punish the sinners?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

The trouble with you is you cannot stand the truth....a typical American trait in these end days.

I am not self righteous, just a determined person to tell the truth. Americans are not used to hearing much of itthese days.

Telling the truth isn't being hypocritical either.

The trouble with you is you cannot stand the truth....a typical American trait in these end days.

I am not self righteous, just a determined person to tell the truth. Americans are not used to hearing much of itthese days.

Tell me the truth ... Did your God, according to your Bible, drown almost every man, woman, and child on earth?

all of my children are sinners, just like all other people in this world.

If they don't come to Jesus Christ, and they perish for their sins, I would be sorry, but there isn't any more that I could do. I have given them a Christian education, and the decision is up to them alone now.

However, there is hope in Jesus Christ.....for them and for you.

all of my children are sinners, just like all other people in this world.

If they don't come to Jesus Christ, and they perish for their sins, I would be sorry, but there isn't any more that I could do. I have given them a Christian education, and the decision is up to them alone now.

So if some of your children accepted Jesus Christ and some of your children didn't would you consider yourself to be a loving father if you killed all of your children to punish the children that didn't?

However, there is hope in Jesus Christ.....for them and for you.

And there is hope in intelligence and logic ... for them and for you.

Yes He did....because the world was then as most of it is now. Living in sin and particularly with violence , and turning their backs on God and not obeying His commandments.

Its called learning these days, from the bad decisions of others made in the first 2348 years of this world. ( 1656 B.C.)

>I actually thought you of all the posters here had an intelligent mind.

If you think me unintelligent because I disagree with you on matters of religion, and because I do not agree the world is about to end - I can live with that.

>I am surprised you cannot understand Genesis.

Clearly you understand it better than I do. So let me ask you - according to Genesis, was Man created before cattle?

They were both created on the sixth day, and we are still living in the sixth day of creation. Not many minutes of time left either.

However, as said, man was created on the sixth day, and man was created " In God's image" with a soul, still on the sixth day, but sometime later.( Genesis 2:7)

You once asked me where Cain got his wife. There were male and female humanlike animals that did not posses a soul , and the sons of men bred with them , and they multiplied greatly.

The existence of Cain and Abel are not counted in the geneology of man, and the Hebrew calendar was started in the year 244, when Seth, Adam's next son was 9 years old.

I hope your question is answered.

edited for spelling mistake

The disasters in Asia are just on a mind-boggling scale, acts of God or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed.

So, like the concept of God, you just can't wrap your head around it.:P

Get a life before this one ends.

I already have one. Are you suggesting that I can get another before the one I already have ends? I'm not sure I could handle two lives but I'm willing to give it a shot ... :D

I believe he's encouraging you to have a three way.

Your comments are so absolutely ridiculous, it shows you know exactly NOTHING about this ( and perhaps other ) Topics.

Read what happened in the Book of Genesis ( if you can read ).

You are posting just to show of how little you know.

So I'm going to translate this as you can't prove that your bible written by man via God is any more valid that the Book of Mormon written by Smith via God.

I'll bow before your god when he appears and hurls lightning bolts out of his ass.

There were male and female humanlike animals that did not posses a soul ,

I hadn't heard that before. Is there a reference for that one?
What about Acts 17:26?
"And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth".

Oh YES, I CAN prove it was written by God through his chosen people.

I could show you so many things to substantiate it, it would take some time, but I sure could prove it beyond the slightest doubt.

And you certainly WILL bow before Christ....no doubt about that at all.

They were both created on the sixth day, and we are still living in the sixth day of creation. Not many minutes of time left either.

However, as said, man was created on the sixth day, and man was created " In God's image" with a soul, still on the sixth day, but sometime later.( Genesis 2:7)

I'm just straying off topic a bit, but where do the dinosaurs fit into all this? I know I remember my old pastor saying the days in which God created the world is a matter of perspective with time. One God-day can equal millions of earth-years.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>man was created " In God's image" with a soul, still on the sixth day,
>but sometime later.

Nope. God formed Man out of dust and gave him a living soul: (all KJV quotes here)

Genesis 2:7 - And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Then he moved him to his garden:

Genesis 2:15 - And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

And _then_ God created cattle:

Genesis 2:19 - And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

So (at least per the King James version of Genesis) I am afraid you have that backwards. Man first, then cattle.

Is this a big deal? Not at all. It's a translation error, most likely. The _gist_ of the Bible is correct even if all the details are not - which is why I find arguing over the details as sort of missing the point of the Bible, which is to be an oral history of the life of a people and of Jesus.

That is true, and they are those that have a living soul.

Well, I'm confused. If God created all man from one blood, then that one blood has to be descendant of Adam. Since I don't know where the soulless humanoid wife of Cain came from it seems more logical that Adam had quite a few children whose names didn't make it into the Bible. Maybe the children of those children are where Cain's wife came from and the confusion stems from the long period of time between Cain leaving and him having a wife (or to be more accurate, sister/cousin/wife).
Or, it's possible that Genesis, and much of the Bible, is full of symbolism and not to be interpreted literally.

The disasters in Asia are just on a mind-boggling scale, acts of God or not.

Agreed.

So, like the concept of God, you just can't wrap your head around it.:P

I don't think being mentally or emotionally overwhelmed implies a lack of comprehension ...

I could show you so many things to substantiate it, it would take some time, but I sure could prove it beyond the slightest doubt.

Ross Perot - is that you?

all talk and promise, no substance.

Ross Perot - is that you?

all talk and promise, no substance.

Does he have a chart and pointing stick? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Its important to understand what is happening. Consider if all the scientists in the world came together in a summit somewhere and decided that becasue of the way we have been living, the earth is evolving in ways that will ultimately destroy us. Whose fault would it be, ours, or earths? Ok, now that we understand its ours, dont we have to deal with the destruction we caused?

That's already occurred. It's called global warming. What are you doing to reduce your carbon footprint? [I]Hint: all the prayer, love and faith in the world won't do a damn bit of good if the people of the world don't reduce the new greenhouse gasses they are introducing into the atmosphere.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

VERY WELL PUT. I hope someone gets from your posting a reason to take a long look at their life, and does something to correct their situation with God.

And what you speak of, in a round-about-way, is "the unexamined life is not worth living".....which, by the way, is a concept older than the concept of your god.:)
Well, you did not like my Free Will comment, and you will not like this one I am sure![:/]:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Tell me the truth ... Did your God, according to your Bible, drown almost every man, woman, and child on earth?

Let not also forget that the all loving god of teh bible did kill a few other people..

paste So far I come up with a total of 2,391,421 (not including, at least in some cases, women and children). SAB, Brick Testament Number Killed Cumulative Total

Lot's wife for looking back Gen.19:26, BT 1 1
Er who was "wicked in the sight of the Lord" Gen.38:7, BT 1 2

Onan for spilling his seed Gen.38:10, BT 1 3
Pharaoh and 600 chariot captains (plus his entire army) Ex.14:8-26 601+ 604+

For dancing naked around Aaron's golden calf Ex.32:27-28, 35, BT 3000 3604+

Aaron's sons for offering strange fire before the Lord Lev.10:1-3, Num.3:4, 26:61, BT 2 3606+

A blasphemer Lev.24:10-23, BT 1 3607+

A man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath Num.15:32-36, BT 1 3608+

Korah, Dathan, and Abiram (and their families) Num.16:27, BT 12+ 3620+

Burned to death for offering incense Num.16:35, 26:10, BT 250 3870+

For complaining Num.16:49, BT 14,700 18,570+
For "committing whoredom with the daughters of Moab" Num.25:9, BT 24,000 42,570+

Midianite massacre (32,000 virgins were kept alive) Num.31:1-35, BT 90,000+ 132,570+

God tells Joshua to stoned to death Achan (and his family) for taking the accursed thing. Joshua 7:10-12, 24-26, BT 5+ 132,575+

God tells Joshua to attack Ai and do what he did to Jericho (kill everyone). Joshua 8:1-25, BT 12,000 144,575+

Joshua kills 5 kings and hangs their dead bodies on trees Joshua 10:24-26, BT 5 144,580+

God delivered Canaanites and Perizzites Judges 1:4, BT 10,000 154,580+

Ehud delivers a message from God: a knife into the king's belly Jg.3:15-22, BT 1 154,581+

God delivered Moabites Jg.3:28-29, BT 10,000 164,581+

God forces Midianite soldiers to kill each other. Jg.7:2-22, 8:10, BT 120,000 284,581+

The Spirit of the Lord comes on Samson Jg.14:19, BT 30 284,611+

The Spirit of the Lord comes mightily on Samson Jg.15:14-15, BT 1000 285,611+

Samson's God-assisted act of terrorism Jg.16:27-30, BT 3000 288,611+

"The Lord smote Benjamin" Jg.20:35-37, BT 25,100 313,711+

More Benjamites Jg.20:44-46 25,000 338,711+

For looking into the ark of the Lord 1 Sam.6:19 50,070 388,781+

God delivered Philistines 1 Sam.14:12 20 388,801+

Samuel (at God's command) hacks Agag to death 1 Sam.15:32-33 1 388,802+

"The Lord smote Nabal." 1 Sam.25:38 1 388,803+

Uzzah for trying to keep the ark from falling 2 Sam.6:6-7, 1 Chr.13:9-10 1 388,804+

David and Bathsheba's baby boy 2 Sam.12:14-18 1 388,805+

Seven sons of Saul hung up before the Lord 2 Sam.21:6-9 7 388,812+

From plague as punishment for David's census (men only; probably 200,000 if including women and children) 2 Sam.24:13, 1 Chr.21:7 70,000+ 458,812+

A prophet for believing another prophet's lie 1 Kg.13:1-24 1 458,813+

Religious leaders killed in prayer contest 1 Kg.18:22-40 450 459,263+

God delivers the Syrians into the Israelites' hands 1 Kg.20:28-29 100,000 559,263+

God makes a wall fall on Syrian soldiers 1 Kg.20:30 27,000 586,263+

God sent a lion to eat a man for not killing a prophet 1 Kg.20:35-36 1 586,264+

Ahaziah is killed for talking to the wrong god. 2 Kg.1:2-4, 17, 2 Chr.22:7-9 1 586,265+

Burned to death by God 2 Kg.1:9-12 102 586,367+

God sends two bears to kill children for making fun of Elisha's bald head 2 Kg.2:23-24 42 586,409+

Trampled to death for disbelieving Elijah 2 Kg.7:17-20 1 586,410+

Jezebel 2 Kg.9:33-37 1 586,411+

God sent lions to kill "some" foreigners 2 Kg.17:25-26 3+ 586,414+

Sleeping Assyrian soldiers 2 Kg.19:35, 2 Chr.32:21, Is.37:36 185,000 771,414+

Saul 1 Chr.10:14 1 771,415+

God delivers Israel into the hands of Judah 2 Chr.13:15-17 500,000 1,271,415+

Jeroboam 2 Chr.13:20 1 1,271,416+

"The Lord smote the Ethiopians." 2 Chr.14:9-14 1,000,000 2,271,416+

God kills Jehoram by making his bowels fall out 2 Chr.21:14-19 1 2,271,417+

Judean soldiers 2 Chr.28:6 120,000 2,391,417+

Ezekiel's wife Ezek.24:15-18 1 2,391,418+

Ananias and Sapphira Acts 5:1-10 2 2,391,420+

Herod Acts 12:23, BT 1 2,391,421+
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+