DSE

"White People, Get Over Yourselves"

Interestingly though, Hispanics, Blacks, Indigenous, Asians aren't afraid to express their feelings toward the attitudes of non-whites.

Um, what are you saying here? Maybe I don't understand. Are you saying that here in America, non-whites are not inhibited about expressing their feelings about other non-whites? If that's what you're saying I would have to disagree.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

RushMC, do you feel the playing field for non-whites has been level for the past....40 years? Not even a full generation. Has the playing field been level? Is it level now?

In a word? No. But I can tell you it is not level where I work either. And I am not the one getting the benifit.

My point more than anything else is, if you want an excuse, you can find one.

Will any field ever be level? Is life fair? (remember that one?)

Only you (self) can decide if you need to find an excuse or, over come the bs.

The video was bs. Obamas speach was bs and that is supported by what he did today.

Anyone can play the victim. The black community has a few brave souls who have pointed this out (Cosby is one of them) and they get attacked. Why, cause Faracon and Jackson make money with thier victims.

Anybody, playing a victim only suceeds in giving themselves the excuse to (fill in the blank)

And that in not just blacks....

Rush, why do you hate "blacks" ?
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a "right brain" or "left brain" learner.

I'll comment when I figure that all out.

I've always tested in the middle leaning a little here or there depending.

The easiest way to figure it all out is several glasses of wine. For me, metaphysics tend to come more to light than like just plain old physics.

I'm good at math, though. B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

RushMC, do you feel the playing field for non-whites has been level for the past....40 years? Not even a full generation. Has the playing field been level? Is it level now?

In a word? No. But I can tell you it is not level where I work either. And I am not the one getting the benifit.

My point more than anything else is, if you want an excuse, you can find one.

Will any field ever be level? Is life fair? (remember that one?)

Only you (self) can decide if you need to find an excuse or, over come the bs.

The video was bs. Obamas speach was bs and that is supported by what he did today.

Anyone can play the victim. The black community has a few brave souls who have pointed this out (Cosby is one of them) and they get attacked. Why, cause Faracon and Jackson make money with thier victims.

Anybody, playing a victim only suceeds in giving themselves the excuse to (fill in the blank)

And that in not just blacks....

Rush, why do you hate "blacks" ?

This post is a dam(n) fucking joke.

:D:D:D

If this is what you pulled out your ass from my post you better getting some reading help:D:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

[replyThis post is a dam(n) fucking joke.

No, it really isn't. Everything you've written on this subject indicates it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You are funny:D:D:D:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

www.dancharnas.com/bio.html The gentleman in the video would obviously have a different perspective than I do.

"hip-hop journalism" ??? (I had to look that up.)
http://www.hhja.org/features/whatitiz.html
What is "iz"? How kewl.
May I interest any of you in a Web 2.0 compliant web site?

Perhaps some of the initial respondents to the OP have gone further than watching the video by now.

Continually blaming white people for your problems is not the solution.

Perhaps if we stopped labeling everyone "white" or "black", we'd begin to make progress.....

Continually blaming ANYONE for your problems is not the solution.

Only when we stop blaming someone else when we fucked up, we will start making any progress.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

People have always been judged by the company they keep. For the last 20 years, Obama has been hanging out with racist Rev. Wright. Does that not say something?

Nope, it doesn't. And ignoring what white on black racism has done to the black neighborhoods is ignorant. Now, being a progressive voice in an angry area becomes a bit of a trap. You are looked to for leadership and to be the shinning light looking out for them and you are forced to be ever progressive. That is what has happened to Rev Wright. Now the question is, why is it any worse that Wright resorts to some extreme words and false generalizations than the ones Bush has spread since 2001 about Iraq and Saddam and that terrorists hate our freedom.

I know that neighborhood that Wright is based out of. I did some work out of the Catholic church there and it is a very depressed area and has been for my entire life. The only time it started to pick up is when White developers realized they could use some gentrization tactics and build $750,000 condo's there (and they were given tax breaks to do so!!).

I don't agree with everything that Wright says, but I do think the man makes some very valid points in other areas.

Btw, on the whole Burma aid that GW and his wife pushed to be accepted after the hurricane this week. Why didn't Bush push that hard to have FEMA get money down to NOLA and the lower districts? Why is it that money still can't get into the lower 5th but we go out of our way to send foreign aid to a similar situation?

Interesting story on Racism: Had someone on the phone tell me yesterday this: "So, don't find us any black candidates of the job, the last person in this spot was black and didn't perform." .....um....you think this middle aged white guy would say the same thing if it was a white man they let go? As of this morning they are no longer a client of mine.

Isn't it always about perspective? Aren't our perspectives are borne from our experiences? Our experiences are wildly varied. What two people take from the exact same experience may tremendously vary depending on their perspectives going into the experience, based on unrelated past experiences.
And in a back-handed way, that's part of what I get from the message.
As five-fingered humans, we're all the same. Beyond that, we're as different as all the colors of the universe and if we can't learn to accept those differences, even revel in them, what the hell are we here for? Everything that exists in the world today exists because someone wasn't OK with status quo or where they were going. If we all thought the same about everything, what a horrible place this life would be.

Profoundly true.

. . =(_8^(1)