kallend

GOP to women - "Screw you"

GOOD! I enjoy making more money than men on my own merit. This is one of those areas that is getting better with time. I say be patient and let us women make the necessary strides by proving ourselves over time.

:)
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

The bill, dubbed the Fair Pay Restoration Act, is a response to a 2007 Supreme Court decision that ruled a person who claims pay discrimination must file a complaint within 180 days of that discrimination taking place.

That deadline is specified in Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidelines, and it "protects employers from the burden of defending claims arising from employment decisions long past," Justice Samuel Alito wrote for the majority in the 5-4 decision.

The bill that stalled Wednesday would have reset the clock with every paycheck, with supporters arguing that each paycheck was a discriminatory act. But Sen. Johnny Isakson, a Georgia Republican, said the bill would allow retirees drawing pensions to sue their old companies over allegations of discrimination that happened decades ago.
-----

Not possible to have an option in between?

180 days seems rather short - most liability suits give 1-3 years to file since you often won't discover problems in just 6 months.

That said - outside of companies with fixed pay scales, pay has always been unequal, favoring those who negotiate for more, as well as those who perform better. That isn't grounds for litigation.

You really must enjoy screwing words meanings and positions to make a thread with a title like this with the attachments you put forth. Or, you think everybody else is stupid or, you think your self the only one that understand what really is going on.

You really out did even yourself on this one:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Or, you think everybody else is stupid or, you think your self the only one that understand what really is going on.

It's an easy mistake to make, thinking people are stupid who never learn basic grammar.

:D
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Or, you think everybody else is stupid or, you think your self the only one that understand what really is going on.

It's an easy mistake to make, thinking people are stupid who never learn basic grammar.

linz

See, you make my point to!:D:D:D

Arrogant self importance is a terrible thing to waste.:D:D
Abraham Lincoln

linz

So maybe me and you should go on tour! Got a flannel shirt? (Of course I probably make more money than you...lol...can you cope with that?)

linz
--

linz

So maybe me and you should go on tour! Got a flannel shirt? (Of course I probably make more money than you...lol...can you cope with that?)

linz

More than likely you do:)
Flannel shits? I bet I have more than you do:)
You see I was learned a long time ago that if I spend my time feeling bad that some one "has more than I do" then I will always be miserable. I am happy with what I have. I am happy you are happy with what you have. One difference I see however, if I made more than you (and that seems unlilely based on your post) I would not feel the need to stick your nose in it.:)
Abraham Lincoln

"At a time when American families are struggling to keep their homes and jobs while paying more for everything from gasoline to groceries, how on Earth would anyone who thinks they can lead our country also think it's acceptable to oppose equal pay for America's mothers, wives and daughters?" Democratic National Committee spokeswoman Karen Finney said.

""At a time when American businesses are struggling to keep in the red and keep people employed and pay taxes while paying more for everything from wages to health insurance, how on Earth would anyone who thinks they can lead our country also think it's acceptable to keep them defending lawsuits, paying higher premiums and litigating rather than pull this country out of a recession?" business owner lawrocket said..

My wife is hotter than your wife.

"At a time when American families are struggling to keep their homes and jobs while paying more for everything from gasoline to groceries, how on Earth would anyone who thinks they can lead our country also think it's acceptable to oppose equal pay for America's mothers, wives and daughters?" Democratic National Committee spokeswoman Karen Finney said.

""At a time when American businesses are struggling to keep in the red and keep people employed and pay taxes while paying more for everything from wages to health insurance, how on Earth would anyone who thinks they can lead our country also think it's acceptable to keep them defending lawsuits, paying higher premiums and litigating rather than pull this country out of a recession?" business owner lawrocket said..

I can understand that you wish to be immunized against discrimination lawsuits when you mistreat your female employees, but that doesn't make it right.

I can't understand why you struggle "to keep in the red". Taking a page out of the G.W. Bush budgeting book?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Flannel shits? I bet I have more than you do

If they are really flannel then you are far better off than you realise.

At times I have had both:$
Abraham Lincoln

You really must enjoy screwing words meanings and positions to make a thread with a title like this with the attachments you put forth. Or, you think everybody else is stupid or, you think your self the only one that understand what really is going on.

That's rich coming from you.

I'm having a hard time finding where McCain or the GOP actually said "Screw You". A little help please, Professor?

I used to work at a job where the pay was lousy and I didn't make as much as some of the women there. I simply got a new job elsewhere.....
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I can understand that you wish to be immunized against discrimination lawsuits when you mistreat your female employees, but that doesn't make it right.

I can't understand why you struggle "to keep in the red". Taking a page out of the G.W. Bush budgeting book?

The answer to everything isn't necessarily more and more government aggression.

In other words, just because someone thinks this particular law isn't the right way to address an issue, doesn't mean they don't agree with the issue.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

GOOD! I enjoy making more money than men on my own merit. This is one of those areas that is getting better with time. I say be patient and let us women make the necessary strides by proving ourselves over time.

I saw the vote in quite the opposite terms: tacit assertion that merit was not really important.

Pursuit of equal pay/compensation for equal work or equal pay for better work was not valued when it was a woman who was being paid less. Instead the vote reinforced an undue burden – a double standard – that severely limits the time to pursue legal redress.

Most private employers do not have to share salary or compensation information. Federal, state, & local employers that do disclose salary information are frequently 1 year or more behind in publication of that information.

What happened to the usual assertion of meritocracy being valued?

And, yes, of course, I am cognizant of the argument of those who voted against the bill: it’s just an excuse to further perpetuate pay discrimination.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Does "business owner lawrocket" practice discriminatory compensation & pay practices?

If he doesn't (which is what I would suspect), he should not have anything to worry about.

How many other things is "business owner lawrocket" more likely to be sued for that have more than a 180-day filing limit?

Or does "business owner lawrocket" compensate his employees based on the caliber of their work and the benefit their work brings to his business?

I'm going to bet the latter.

------ ------

If as Sen Mitch McConnell (R-KY) suggested the concern by some -- but not all -- Senate Republicans (as the House version passed last July)was that the bill would "produce a flood of lawsuits," does that argument not imply acknowledgement of a large (enough to yield a "flood") amount of past discrimination, i.e., failure to reward merit? One could ask where is the responsibility for one's behavior?

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

While I would not have chosen to phrase it the way [kallend] chose to, it does capture the underlying sentiment.

A couple weeks ago I spoke with one of Sen Saxby Chambliss’ (R-GA) staffers. He couldn’t address the merit issue – he struggled but acknowledged that he couldn’t explain how voting against the bringing the bill to the Senate floor for debate could be in line with the principle of meritocracy nor could he explain endorsement of the implicit acknowledgement of significant amounts of prior (& ongoing)discrimination (as I outlined in my response to [lawrocket] above). I never even received any response from Sen Isakson’s office (R-GA).

What do you think is really going on?

VR/Marg

Tibetan Buddhist saying

Because he has a real job Kallend not a job for life like you :P

Married life agreeing with you?
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Does "business owner lawrocket" practice discriminatory compensation & pay practices?

Apparently. We've got one male employee. The other employees - except for the receptionist - we hired away from other attorneys because they are the best. We made it worth their while.

If he doesn't (which is what I would suspect), he should not have anything to worry about.

Lawrocket's theorem of employer/employee relations: "No employer's good deed cannot be punished." I've kept out of trouble. But I'm just waiting...

How many other things is "business owner lawrocket" more likely to be sued for that have more than a 180-day filing limit?

Plenty. Why don't we add to it.

Or does "business owner lawrocket" compensate his employees based on the caliber of their work and the benefit their work brings to his business?

Yes. And it'll cost me $50k to prove it, too.

IN the event that you new folks don't know me to well, I am not fond of most lawyers.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Because he has a real job Kallend not a job for life like you :P

Married life agreeing with you?

So a "real job" (TM) involves struggling to stay in the red according to you Republicans. No wonder we have so much DEBT in this country. Me, in my fake job, I prefer to stay in the black.

Apparently. We've got one male employee. The other employees - except for the receptionist - we hired away from other attorneys because they are the best. We made it worth their while.

Lawrocket's theorem of employer/employee relations: "No employer's good deed cannot be punished." I've kept out of trouble. But I'm just waiting...

Plenty. Why don't we add to it.

Yes. And it'll cost me $50k to prove it, too.

IN the event that you new folks don't know me to well, I am not fond of most lawyers.

Do you think 180 days is really enough to discover that you have suffered illegal discrimination when you employer does not, and is under no obligation to, provide informtion about other employees' compensation and, in fact, takes steps to keep that information secret?

Really?

How would you like it as an attorney if your opponents did not have to provide any information during the discovery process, could block your access to information, and if they succeeded for 180 days you have to give up?

Yet another example of taking a discusion personal .

Nice.

Care to share any specifics?
Abraham Lincoln

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Reply To

Yet another example of taking a discusion personal .

Nice.

Care to share any specifics?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

breath...........................................................................BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Breath.......................................................................

oh the irony of these posts.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA