FreeflyChile

Hypothetical Questions for the Presidential Candidates

OK, so yesterday I was reading an article on the candidates that had the usual back and forth bickering (between Clinton and Obama principally), and how acusations about the other person is not qualified, etc. Also, there's all the promises that the candidates make about the hot issues - principally the war, the economy, etc.

So I was thinking a good topic for the SC would be: If you had all 3 of the candidates (McCain, Obama, Clinton) and could ask them all a question, what would it be? You can assume it's a public debate that will be televised or just a private question with just you and the candidate, whatever you want.

I think what I would like to ask is (to all): given all of the promises that politicians make during their candidacies throughout history, more often than not it ends up with broken promises and no accountability. So given your stances on Iraq and the economy, what tangible goals do you have for each and by when do you expect to achieve this goal (I am looking for a date I can mark on a calendar)? If this is not achieved, how will you assume responsibility and what will be the consequences to you personally as President?

Can you imagine trying to craft your 3 'best' questions with the naive hope of actually getting real answers?

Then asking those questions and getting 3 pointless answers with no content.

One set of answers will be generic and not really understandable and will bash the 2 dems.

Two sets will answer a completely different set of questions (very easy ones) than asked and somehow bash the other dem and GWB and completely ignore the 3rd candidate

How sad for anyone that tries[:/], instead of crafting insightful questions we could have just gone for pizza

I like pizza. I'm starting to prefer thin crust lately. Mmmmmm

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"What kind of dog do you have?"

Good question because...
a) Easily verifiable.
b) Quick to ask, quick to answer.
c) A lot can be learned about a person by the type of dog they have.

Face it, any question they can answer with a lie...they will.

If you had all 3 of the candidates (McCain, Obama, Clinton) and could ask them all a question, what would it be?

I've thought about that.

For each of them, I would say, "Explain to voters why the opposing candidate or candidates would be a good president."

Here's the reason - I want to see if the candidate can say something substantively good about the other candidates. Nobody disagrees on everything. And it'd be nice to see what candidates could actually do it and seem genuine.

If a candidate can't say something good about the competition, it is indicative to me of a flaw in the person's character. And indicative of arrogance and a "myself" attitude.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

If you had all 3 of the candidates (McCain, Obama, Clinton) and could ask them all a question, what would it be?

I've thought about that.

For each of them, I would say, "Explain to voters why the opposing candidate or candidates would be a good president."

Here's the reason - I want to see if the candidate can say something substantively good about the other candidates. Nobody disagrees on everything. And it'd be nice to see what candidates could actually do it and seem genuine.

If a candidate can't say something good about the competition, it is indicative to me of a flaw in the person's character. And indicative of arrogance and a "myself" attitude.

This is more of the kind of thing I had in mind when I posted it. Honestly, I thought about posting that very question, but decided to go with the other one. I do think that it would likely lead to things such as "McCain served his country well" "Senator Clinton stood strongly by her husband when he went through a tough time", stuff like that. But like you, I think it would be very telling to see if someone says something of substance about the other candidates.

They asked that exact question in one of the Dems debates. It was the closing question about a month ago.

Obama pretty much veered off and talked about how GWB screwed up and that he (Obama) would do better.

Hillary said a couple nice things on Obama about stuff not related to politics, and then did exactly the same thing - slam the current, talk about herself.

complete waste of time

I'd rather know what their favorite dog is

and where to find quality, but not too expensive pizza

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Good question because...
a) Easily verifiable.

I have a golden lab. What's that say?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Everything you own is either new or destroyed.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
It also says akarunway is most likely a practical person who doesn't like a lot of frills and fluff...a no-nonsense type of person who values loyalty and ease of maintenance over flash.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
It also says akarunway is most likely a practical person who doesn't like a lot of frills and fluff...a no-nonsense type of person who values loyalty and ease of maintenance over flash.

and doesn't mind his shoes and furniture moistened 24/7

Damn. What are you? A psychic or something. If not you need to change you profession. I took a sledgehammer to the last (new) printer that took a shit. LOL;)Edit to add: The new Cannon all in one just took a shit. Cannon is sending me a new one;)

Hillary:
"You have already been Co-President for 8 years. Based on your political experience, why do you think you can implement the healthcare policy that you failed to pass then?"
"With the current sex offender legislation, will you have to register Bill in Wash, DC?"
"Will Geraldine Ferraro be in your cabinet, or closet?"

Obama:
"How long have you been black?"
"Will you continue to be black if elected?"
"Hussein, do you lead a secret Muslim terrorist cell?

:)

I had a yellow lab. She chewed EVERYTHING.

A few months ago, she apparently decided to chew on a sock. Last thing she ever ate.[:/]

Yeah. This one has has et all my shoes (except my work boots. I guess he wants me to go to work to buy more stuff he can eat), the garden hoses are in 6' lengths, door trim, the doll house, makes confetti out a beer can, literally chews beer bottles til they are broken. Never seen anything like it and i've had many dogs.

Good question because...
a) Easily verifiable.

I like that. Good stuff. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!