Cop VS drunk woman!

You should edit the title to reflect that he is now an ex-officer, portraying him as still being part of the force will only serve to cast a negative light on the rest of his department, which accoding to the article fired him due to the incident.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Stuff like this is why people hate cops so much. I really hope he gets jail time, a badge has become less about protecting people and more about intimidation.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Stuff like this is why people hate cops so much. I really hope he gets jail time, a badge has become less about protecting people and more about intimidation.

I agree, but there are good cops out there. All it takes is one f-ed up bastard to taint an entire department. Like you, I hope this guy gets some jail time with the general population.

Certainly not justifying this guys actions but any cop will tell you that he would rather arrest 10 drunken men than one drunken woman. I speak from experience as I was a Trooper for 20 years. Without fail, they screech, scream, cry, kick, threaten, punch, spit, fall on the floor, etc. Men (especially the big ones who could pound you into the ground like a fencepost) will usually submit without much fuss, unless they have a new girlfriend in the car they want to impress.
Men, even drunken ones can usually be reasoned with. Not so with women. I have never seen a woman DWI who would listen to reason. Lucky they are smaller than men. Of course that doesn't give anyone to beat the shit out of them.

a badge has become less about protecting people and more about intimidation.

No, the media just drools over stories like this and the 1% of the police officers who make the concious decision to beat someone who is in handcuffs senselessly get all the attention. Having a badge hasn't changed one bit, the bad ones just get all the attention, when was the las time you heard a sotry on the news about how a cop risked his life to save a small child, I can't remember, doesn't mean it doesn't happen just as often as incidents like this.

I also agree 100% with what 1888 said, drunken women are horrible to deal with when they need to be restrained, I used to work as a bouncer and anytime I had to break up a fight between a couple of men it didn't matter how much they hated each other they never took it out on the bouncers when we stepped in, they respected the authority and acted reasonably towards us at least. Women on the other hand, when I had to break up their fights were impossible to deal with, they would kick and scream and spit and turn their anger on us, I can't count how many times I've been punched by a girl and couldn't do a thing to stop it, I wasn't supposed to put my hands on them in any capacity so I would just stand their between them and eat the punches. I don't condone this officers actions, but there may be a very good chance that she provoked him, doesn't make it right, but she most likely made the situation worse.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

>No, the media just drools over stories like this and the 1% of the
>police officers who make the concious decision to beat someone who is in
>handcuffs senselessly get all the attention.

As well he should. New media reports on news, not on what happens every day. I am sure you would be pretty annoyed if a 747 crashed on takeoff at JFK and the media insisted on reporting on every single one of the safe 747 takeoffs and landings that day before getting to the crash. Indeed, you would likely change the channel, because you wouldn't care to hear about every single American Airlines 747 that DIDN'T crash.

And that's why they don't report on the rest of the flights/police officers - because people like you change the channel.

a badge has become less about protecting people and more about intimidation.

No, the media just drools over stories like this and the 1% of the police officers who make the concious decision to beat someone who is in handcuffs senselessly get all the attention. Having a badge hasn't changed one bit, the bad ones just get all the attention, when was the las time you heard a sotry on the news about how a cop risked his life to save a small child, I can't remember, doesn't mean it doesn't happen just as often as incidents like this.

I also agree 100% with what 1888 said, drunken women are horrible to deal with when they need to be restrained, I used to work as a bouncer and anytime I had to break up a fight between a couple of men it didn't matter how much they hated each other they never took it out on the bouncers when we stepped in, they respected the authority and acted reasonably towards us at least. Women on the other hand, when I had to break up their fights were impossible to deal with, they would kick and scream and spit and turn their anger on us, I can't count how many times I've been punched by a girl and couldn't do a thing to stop it, I wasn't supposed to put my hands on them in any capacity so I would just stand their between them and eat the punches. I don't condone this officers actions, but there may be a very good chance that she provoked him, doesn't make it right, but she most likely made the situation worse.

Really? Then why is the phrase "oh shit its the cops" so popular?
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Really? Then why is the phrase "oh shit its the cops" so popular?

Funny, I don't remember ever hearing that line from someone unless they were doin something wrong. Maybe if you wouldn't hang out with people that break the law regularly that line wouldn't be so popular now would it?

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I used to work as a bouncer and anytime I had to break up a fight between a couple of men it didn't matter how much they hated each other they never took it out on the bouncers when we stepped in, they respected the authority and acted reasonably towards us at least.

What? I've seen loads of drunk guys go for the bouncers in clubs. I've never seen one succeed, but they definitely try.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

What? I've seen loads of drunk guys go for the bouncers in clubs. I've never seen one succeed, but they definitely try.

The club I worked at typically had a slightly better group of people that went there, I just lucked out in that arena. For us the only time the bouncers ever took a shot from a man was when we just got caught in the cross fire, we never had anyone intentionally come after us. We held ourselves to a very high standard with our conduct towards the customers as well, I'm sure this played a part in how easy the customers were to work with.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I also agree 100% with what 1888 said, drunken women are horrible to deal with

But aren't they more likely to suck your dick to get out of that ticket? B|B|

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Another police officer on trial! I dont think he will get away with this one, and can regret he did not get some back up before she fell!

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080220/NEWS03/302200001/1060/NEWS01

She "fell"? Sorry, my bullshit detecter just pegged. That lady got a vicious beating from another sociopath-with-a-badge who very consciously . . . deliberately . . . and with malice-aforethought turned off that video camera and then kicked the ever-lovin' crap out of her. The last thing he wanted was "back-up". He knew that, without incontrovertible video evidence, cops get the benefit of the doubt with the whole "he said-she said" thing; they are held to a much lower standard because he's a . . . [reverential tone] a p-o-l-i-c-e o-f-f-i-c-e-r!!

He deserves a blanket party followed by a waterboarding--not just fired. He WILL get away with it if he is not vigorously prosecuted. A nice seven-figure civil settlement might give him an attitude adjustment (but only if it comes out of his pocket).

More than likely, after a politically correct period of time passes and he takes an "anger management" class, he'll be re-instated. Down the memory hole.

BTW, it was nearly impossible to watch LA TV a few days ago because all normal programming was interrupted for hour after tedious hour of video of some cop's funeral procession.

Don't forget to bow as the chariot passes . . . . >:(

BTW, it was nearly impossible to watch LA TV a few days ago because all normal programming was interrupted for hour after tedious hour of video of some cop's funeral procession.

Don't forget to bow as the chariot passes . . . .

So you're trying to tell us that you are so short sighted to let a story of one dirty cop inspire you to insult a slain officer who very well could have been killed trying to save someones life.

that's truly pathetic

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

You know as I know this is not just a one man show on one police station! This is a culture among many police officers that make them possible to do this over and over. If there was a healthy culture in the police stations, you would seen a lot less about this! This officers had complains from before, but he had go so far as this before they grabbed his batch!

So you're trying to tell us that you are so short sighted to let a story of one dirty cop inspire you to insult a slain officer who very well could have been killed trying to save someones life.

that's truly pathetic

How did he insult the slain officer?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Don't forget to bow as the chariot passes . . . .

that's truly pathetic

Please, spare us the self-righteous indignation.

Cop dies? Stop everything! Interrupt all programming. Spend hours watching the funeral procession. Listen to every two-bit politician pushing their face into the camera to express their sympathies.

Grow some thicker skin. It's a tragedy when anyone gets killed, but they don't pre-empt an entire afternoon's programming if some convenience store clerk gets wasted by a crackhead. Rep. Tom Lantos died recently--barely a mention.

It's neither insulting nor pathetic to wonder aloud at how cops are treated differently. Sacred cows. It probably plays into the cop's beating of that woman. I suspect that if our culture held cops to the same standard as a civilians, cops wouldn't go around tazing, harassing and beating people as they do.

The stuff we see on YouTube is just the tip of the iceberg, but it gets the publicity (for a day or two). It's not just one "dirty cop". We have far too many Authoritarian Personality Disorder-type cops in this country. We have given them free reign to abuse the public, and rather than being held accountable--the system gives them a pass. Every time.

Just wait. This whole beating story will go down the memory hole.
“Keep your elbow up!"