Douva

My Recent Fox News and CNN Appearances (Guns on College Campuses)

Bravo, man. Bravo. Keep it up!

EDIT: Furthermore, they really should not have had your CNN opposing guest on the show. He was far too emotionally close to the argument, and thus didn't offer anything to the debate.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

I would think being shot in both legs would wake you up to the real world.

I won't argue that crime is not part of the real world. But it is a rather sad state for society where people wake up each morning thinking that they need to be carrying a gun with them everywhere they go. Personally I've never felt that I needed to walk around armed to the teeth ready to beat the other guy to the trigger for [insert whatever reason you want here]. As I said, it is a sad state for a society who thinks being armed to the teeth is a good thing. A society who is ready and willing to blow each other away for [insert your favorite threat here] just shows you how much people in this society care about each other. Just my two cents.

PS: I watched both videos and Douva did a good job portraying himself as a responsible, rational person.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I won't argue that crime is not part of the real world. But it is a rather sad state for society where people wake up each morning thinking that they need to be carrying a gun with them everywhere they go. Personally I've never felt that I needed to walk around armed to the teeth ready to beat the other guy to the trigger for [insert whatever reason you want here]. As I said, it is a sad state for a society who thinks being armed to the teeth is a good thing. A society who is ready and willing to blow each other away for [insert your favorite threat here] just shows you how much people in this society care about each other. Just my two cents.

You say crime is part of the real world, but you also seem to live in your own world where crime won't happen to you. If you get into a situation like one of these school shootings, I'd bet my next paycheck you'd think the good guys with guns could not get on the scene fast enough. Your analysis of the amount people care about each other is ridiculous. People with concealed carry permits protect others as well as themselves, merely through the presence of a gun in responsible hands. Now, as far as "caring" about a criminal with violent intent getting shot...well, I'll be sure to send violent criminals I meet to you if they need a hug.
-Calvin

You are missing the entire point I make. :S

You people in the USA (and some of it has spilled over here into Canada) have created a culture where you as individuals put yourself ahead of your fellow citizens. You people think nothing of picking up a gun and shooting anyone because [insert your favorite reason here]. It is your reality. You created it. Your guns are going now here because enough of you feel that it is your right to walk around armed to the teeth ready to beat that other guy to the trigger.

Once again, it is a sad state for society to feel they wake up each morning and arm themselves before they venture out there into the world. You can have your guns. I am not calling for anyone to remove them from you. Just remember that not everyone feels the same way that you do.

Let the flames begin. We live in a "ME ME ME" society!!!

""""

LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH BRAVO!! ;) (my JSplugin is screwed uP)

dont do me that same favor please.!

While being a Christian believer, I wouldnt have a problem putting someone down with a shot to the leg first (depending on situation first), but if would be bad guy still wants to firefight after that, he/she can expect another shot either in a leg or perhaps the fatal one!

peace oandbtw.... KEEP YR POWDER DRY!!

:dd

You are missing the entire point I make. :S

You people in the USA (and some of it has spilled over here into Canada) have created a culture where you as individuals put yourself ahead of your fellow citizens. You people think nothing of picking up a gun and shooting anyone because [insert you favorite reason here]. It is your reality. You created it. Your guns are going now here because enough of you feel that it is your right to walk around armed to the teeth ready to beat that other guy to the trigger.

Once again, it is a sad state for society to feel they wake up each morning and arm themselves before they venture out there into the world. You can have your guns. I am not calling for anyone to remove them from you. Just remember that not everyone feels the same way that you do.

Let the flames begin. We live in a "ME ME ME" society!!!

I did you a favor by missing your point the first time. I'll play your game for now, though. "You people think nothing of picking up a gun and shooting anyone because [insert you favorite reason here]." Here's the reason I'll insert: "CanuckInUSA is about to get shot by a crazed criminal with a handgun". Now, what about that reason is uncaring, selfish, or detrimental to society?
-Calvin

I agree with the ME ME ME societal thought... That is ONE of the reasons why the WORLD is so screwed uP the way that it IS!

HOWEVER..... I dont go out walking around or driving around 'ARMED TO THE TEETH" looking for a fight! I go to the store to buy food to survive on, i take the kids to school (use to), .... etc! The other side of the MEMEME world culture is that there are the BAD peeps that want my wallet for NO reason, they want to RAPE my girls, pilage MY house... And I am suppose to sit back and ALLOW THIS, these actions ????

Um excuse me .... but NO!

My laws allow me to PROTECT me and my family, and OTHER peeps around me when THUGS wanna do the MEMEME nasty to others... My laws are handed down by GOD and my gvt (elected/hired servents...lol)

This is not about gun control.

Once again, it is just a sad reflection on society to feel that they must walk around 24/7 armed to the teeth. Nothing more, nothing less. It is just a sad state. But this is the reality the US society has created for itself.

I would think being shot in both legs would wake you up to the real world.

PS: I watched both videos and Douva did a good job portraying himself as a responsible, rational person.

Your post shows simple human decency and common sense. And yes, Scott did portray his argument very dignified and very well; despite it being without any sensible foundation for the long term common good.

I think in essence we could all agree with the idea of students being able to defend themselves but it's not dealing with the common issue of continual students arming themselves then wasting their mates. Allow them all to be armed? I'd assume more shootings as a natural result.

Like I've harped on about for ages, whether you allow students CCW or not isn't the issue whatsoever.

Far fucking from it.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Allow them all to be armed? I'd assume more shootings as a natural result.

Why do you have to rely on hyperbole to support your argument? It doesn't work, fyi.
-Calvin

COMMON SENSE.

Shall I explain it to you mate? I never suspected you were lacking any but.....[:/]

I was referring to the "arm them all" part. Your side of the argument isn't exactly supported by common sense, so I'd consider for a while before playing that card.
-Calvin

COMMON SENSE.

Shall I explain it to you mate? I never suspected you were lacking any but.....[:/]

It may seem like common sense to you, but it has yet to happen, despite being predicted every time a state opened up the CCW laws. No rash of shootouts, no rash of criminals taking advantage of the laws (they were carrying already anyway)

It's rather obviously false. People don't go around looking to start gun fights. In the movies, one shot and the target flies 20 feet and dies instantly (unless it is the protagonist). In the real world, gun fights are highly dangerous and no sane informed person will opt for one when they don't have to.

Now, are the seniors and grad schools (those over 21 and eligible to buy handguns) more reckless and out of control than the general population? I doubt it.

COMMON SENSE.

I was referring to the "arm them all" part. Your side of the argument isn't exactly supported by common sense, so I'd consider for a while before playing that card.

Can you explain yourself a bit better please? I'm struggling to understand what you mean.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

I'm puzzled over your reply. Numerous students go looking for such every year in America.

Yes, you're puzzled. You say it already happens a lot despite the laws preventing it, presume that making the other students capable of defense will worsen the situation when every case example in the country shows that to be false.

So arming all the students is the solution?:S

See, that's exactly what I was talking about. Hyperbole. No one is saying that, yet you use it in your argument. :S
-Calvin