skyjumpsteve

Clinton ad

FYI, the footage is stock footage from a company called "Artbeats," it's a ripoff of an ad that we did for a local politician last year using the exact same footage.
Footage was shot by Norman Kent as part of a project he shot many years ago.
You can buy that stock footage library from Artbeats for 599.00.

So how does that work? Are the jumpers contracted or is a vidiot that you hire to shoot you turn around and sell good footage to this place? I would not think it was legal unless you signed a "model release".

Just wondering.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

In this case, Norman Kent shot this footage when he was working on another film, and had unused footage. This footage is *very* old. Deanna is part of this library.
Anyway, yes, a model release is required by the photographer and stock footage agency before they'll take the content. This was all shot on 35mm, btw, not tape.

That's good b/c I never want my dad to see me in anything related to a Clinton.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

The model release is just needed to sell the footage to the agency, what happens with it when people buy it is completly out of your control. You could have the footage bought by a electronic firm and use it to show how extreme their product is or it could be bought and used in a political ad. Further multiple people could buy it and use it in lots of different ways and you can't say no to it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

To add to Phree's post...if you're just in the general area of footage taken for stock purposes, but not specifically identified...or if you're knowingly in an area where filming is occuring, then you have zero say over where your image appears after that.
In this particular case, Norman was pretty surprised that Hillary Clinton's media team had purchased this footage. I don't know (or care) what his political leanings might be one way or another. I think it's pretty cool that skydiving is seen in this light, however.