Skyrad

Should Europe and the rest of the world disarm the USA

Well, I think its time we disarmed the Americans and turned their guns into ploughshears for the third world countries. What do you as a responsible member of the world think. If they can't play nicely then we need to make sure they do!
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Ja mine herr...

Anyway, we have now payed off the financial debt to the US from WWII. As for the rest thanks but that was last century, what have YOU done for us lately?

QUESTION: Do you speak PASHTUN?

Now be a good chap and go collect your weapons for the UN inspectors to collect.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

If I recall my history classes from high school and college, we ran the Brits out of the colonies back in the 18th century for just this idea...as well as a few others. "The British are coming" was in reference to the British army marching to Lexington and Concord to seize powder etc from the colonists.

Are you looking to repeat history? Hell, Europe cannot even meet her treaty obligations re: supplying troops to fight in Afghanistan. How would you plan to carry out this silly scheme?

Euope is a pathetic collection of wobbly old nannies.
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

Yup, that we've had to bail the euros out in two shooting wars and one non-shooting one with the Warsaw Pact. How soon they forget. Let's also not forget that great idea from the sons of Nippon for gaining extra resources at the expense of China and Russia.

Well, I think its time we disarmed the Americans and turned their guns into ploughshears for the third world countries. What do you as a responsible member of the world think. If they can't play nicely then we need to make sure they do!

Well, I am not for continuing the war, but in the spirit of Old Glory, I gotta say: Bring It, Beotch.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

You guys really love to live in the past don't you.:D Can't really compare the British army of today with that of the 18th century:S:D

Anyway, enough of that sillyness. Here's how it works.
1) We the rest of the world orders your President to revoke the bit about the right to bear arms in that paper thingy of yours, just this act alone may be enough seeing as your President has already shown utter contempt for said thingy.

2) Should some unreasonable types object and refuse then We the rest of the world will inact an ecconomic boycott of all US products and services, diverting our spending power towards India, China and the far east markets. Seeing as your funny money is sliding down the crapper faster than last nights vindaloo this will help make up the minds of the few who resist the inevitable.

3) Should stupidity prevaile in this matter and large groups still refuse to hand over their firearms for destruction We the rest of the world will invoke and enforce economic sanctions on your already frail and dodery economy. Including the use of the Euro in all oil deals in place of the USD.

4) Resistance is futile, in the unlikely event that you have by now not caved into the laws (Yes We of course respect international law outside of your borders and will raise a suitable ammendment to enforce such actions) We the rest of the world will call in the loans owed to us by you the American people. In addition we will dump onto the market all reserves held in USD's.

Good plan eh? And of course done in compliance with international law and without resorting to the use of millitary force..... Oh and while we're at it we'll reduce you Nukes as well.
Cheers!

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yeah right. I have heard some stupid things on SC but this tops the list. Even if Europe had the means to disarm America I know for a fact your collective balls are not near big enough for such an undertaking.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

You guys really love to live in the past don't you.:D Can't really compare the British army of today with that of the 18th century:S:D

1) We the rest of the world orders your President to revoke the bit about the right to bear arms in that paper thingy of yours, just this act alone may be enough seeing as your President has already shown utter contempt for said thingy.

2) Should some unreasonable types object and refuse then We the rest of the world will an ecconomic boycott of all US products and services, diverting our spending power towards India, China and the far east markets. Seeing as your funny money is sliding down the crapper faster than last nights vindaloo this will help make up the minds of the few who resist the inevitable.

3) Should stupidity prevaile in this matter and large groups still refuse to hand over their firearms for destruction we the rest of the world will invoke and enforce economic sanctions on your already frail and dodery economy. Including the use of the Euro in all oil deals in place of the USD.

4) Resistance is futile, in the unlikely event that you have by now not caved into the laws (Yes We of course respect international law outside of your borders and will raise a suitable ammendment to enforce such actions) we the rest of the world will call in the loans owed to us by you the American people. In addition we will dump onto the market all reserves held in USD's.

Good plan eh? And of course done in compliance with international law and without resorting to the use of millitary force..... Oh and while we're at it we'll reduce you Nukes as well.
Cheers!

Funny thing is that after youd F'ing cunt queen lost all her colonies and vicious power around the world, now you think is time to summon the rest of the world for an effort you can no longer achieve?
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

I agree with you fully...we'll end ALL economic aid of all foreign countries and fully close our borders.
The requirement now to re-create our own industries for our own economic support will create a wealth of jobs and invigorate the new economy. We've needed this for a long time.
While we're at it, we've decided to ignore the confiscation of our guns. Bring it bitch. We're not the most powerful nation on the planet just by chance.
You limeys can have your colonies back and you can support and police the political stupidity on the planet...isn't that what you're after anyway?
Eat your curry and learn Pashtun.:P

we'll end ALL economic aid of all foreign countries and fully close our borders.

Well if the rest of the world wasn't having to give the US loans it can't afford they could spend the money at home and not require the handouts, sounds like a splendid plan.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Doubtful.

2) Should some unreasonable types object and refuse then We the rest of the world will inact an ecconomic boycott of all US products and services, diverting our spending power towards India, China and the far east markets. Seeing as your funny money is sliding down the crapper faster than last nights vindaloo this will help make up the minds of the few who resist the inevitable.

This would hurt the rest of the world more than it would hurt the United States of America.

3) Should stupidity prevaile in this matter and large groups still refuse to hand over their firearms for destruction We the rest of the world will invoke and enforce economic sanctions on your already frail and dodery economy. Including the use of the Euro in all oil deals in place of the USD.

This would hurt the rest of the world more than it would hurt the United States of America.

4) Resistance is futile, in the unlikely event that you have by now not caved into the laws (Yes We of course respect international law outside of your borders and will raise a suitable ammendment to enforce such actions) we the rest of the world will call in the loans owed to us by you the American people. In addition we will dump onto the market all reserves held in USD's.

You can call in the loan ... but we won't answer the phone. You want your money, come get your money. What happened last time you tried to get your money?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Just because we let the Empire go thats no reason not to improve ones English old bean.

So, if you resort to call me beaner, it is ok for me to call you pak?
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Oh and while we're at it we'll reduce you Nukes as well.

Solid plan up until this part -- how do you plan to reduce our nukes? Drawing fire would do it, but not a great idea.

To start, I’d look to the stunningly progressive “Hoover Plan” (as in Stanford’s conservative Hoover Institute) articulated in a 4 January 2007 Wall Street Journal Op-Ed by formers Sec of State and Sec of Treasury George Schultz, former Secretary of Defense William Perry, former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger, and Senator Sam Nunn (former chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

On Tuesday, they re-emphasized nuclear disarmament as a priority, in another Wall Street Journal Op-Ed: “Toward a Nuclear-Free World.”

“The accelerating spread of nuclear weapons, nuclear know-how and nuclear material has brought us to a nuclear tipping point. We face a very real possibility that the deadliest weapons ever invented could fall into dangerous hands.

“The steps we are taking now to address these threats are not adequate to the danger. With nuclear weapons more widely available, deterrence is decreasingly effective and increasingly hazardous.

“In some respects, the goal of a world free of nuclear weapons is like the top of a very tall mountain. From the vantage point of our troubled world today, we can't even see the top of the mountain, and it is tempting and easy to say we can't get there from here. But the risks from continuing to go down the mountain or standing pat are too real to ignore. We must chart a course to higher ground where the mountaintop becomes more visible.

“Progress must be facilitated by a clear statement of our ultimate goal. Indeed, this is the only way to build the kind of international trust and broad cooperation that will be required to effectively address today's threats. Without the vision of moving toward zero, we will not find the essential cooperation required to stop our downward spiral.”

To aid progress toward the ultimate goal of nuclear abolition, the bipartisan group urges the United States and Russia to take a number of specific interim actions:

• Extend the verification provisions of the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START), due to expire in late 2009;
  • Reduce the risk of accidental missile launches, including discarding Cold War-era massive attack (MAD) procedures;
  • Increase and invest in security improvements to prevent the theft of nuclear weapons and materials, via CTR, IAEA, & UN SCR 1540;
  • Work toward bring the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) into force;
  • Negotiate further strategic nuclear reductions (i.e., work toward NPT Article VI).

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
    Tibetan Buddhist saying

Just because we let the Empire go thats no reason not to improve ones English old bean.

Old chap, I have no idea what a beaner is.
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yeah right. I have heard some stupid things on SC but this tops the list. Even if Europe had the means to disarm America I know for a fact your collective balls are not near big enough for such an undertaking.

What does the circumfrence of our genitailia have to do with such an undertaking?
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Sec of State and Sec of Treasury George Schultz, former Secretary of Defense William Perry, former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger, and Senator Sam Nunn (former chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

On Tuesday, they re-emphasized nuclear disarmament as a priority

Splendid, its working already. OK, as we don't whish to allienate some members of the community and the plan is already underway on the Nukes we can leave that for the moment and concentrate on the gun problem.
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca

4) Resistance is futile, in the unlikely event that you have by now not caved into the laws (Yes We of course respect international law outside of your borders and will raise a suitable ammendment to enforce such actions) We the rest of the world will call in the loans owed to us by you the American people. In addition we will dump onto the market all reserves held in USD's.

Isn't this happening slowly over time anyway? The Euro is growing stronger, the US is more and more nervous of the Chindia alliance? As you imply economic power is probably greater than military might, the danger for the rest of us, is that as the US loses its dominance it might resort to military means.
    Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Old chap, I have no idea what a beaner is.

I hardly doubt that though.

What does the circumfrence of our genitailia have to do with such an undertaking?

Well, if you have to ask that, you surely will lose.

it's funny though, I do think it would help the USA to go isolationist for a bit and rebuild our manufactuing base.

--------------------------
    Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Splendid, its working already. OK, as we don't whish to allienate some members of the community and the plan is already underway on the Nukes we can leave that for the moment and concentrate on the gun problem.

Perhaps, the Europeans would direct energy and influence toward actions encouraging nuclear disarmament of Russia and limit proliferation in the Middle East? E.g., renewed interest by Turkey in uranium enrichment.

Norgies have been advocating the ”seven-country initiative” that doesn't seem to be getting traction.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
    Tibetan Buddhist saying

Who ever said trolling isn't fun and constructive :D.

I have an idea for your list. If we ad illegal imigrants (in the US) to the "rest of the world" -kind of people. We would effectively stop any production, actually requiring labor, within the US.

I must say that it really boosts my self confidence that so many uses "Europe" and "The rest of the world" as the same thing. That must mean that we still matter, maybe there is hope for us ;)