Skyrad

Should Europe and the rest of the world disarm the USA

the US... nuclear arsenal...

Ahem, we do not have.

Not of your own construction. But under NATO "nuclear sharing", Germany has American nukes at it's base in Büchel, ready for use in time of war, by German warplanes. American troops are there on your soil also, defending your nation, with nukes if necessary. So your response is misleading, it should have been: "Yes, we do have." You are the beneficiary of the deterrent value of a nuclear arsenal, provided by Americans, pledged to defend you from attack.

But hey, I'm all for pulling all U.S. troops and military equipment out of Germany and making you pay for the entire cost of your own darned defense. Then we'd see how long you would be comfortable nestled up against Russia without having your own nukes for deterrence.

But hey, I'm all for pulling all U.S. troops and military equipment out of Germany and making you pay for the entire cost of your own darned defense. Then we'd see how long you would be comfortable nestled up against Russia without having your own nukes for deterrence.

Yes, quite a few 'no nukes' nations live under the umbrella of the American nuclear forces. Easiest way to have your cake and eat it too.

the US... nuclear arsenal...

Ahem, we do not have.

Not of your own construction. But under NATO "nuclear sharing", Germany has American nukes at it's base in Büchel, ready for use in time of war, by German warplanes. American troops are there on your soil also, defending your nation, with nukes if necessary. So your response is misleading, it should have been: "Yes, we do have." You are the beneficiary of the deterrent value of a nuclear arsenal, provided by Americans, pledged to defend you from attack.

Büchel basis is maintained by the US only and the only one in Germany (not far from my hometown). Not one single European (soldier) is allowed to enter that area w/o beeing accompanied by an authorized US person.

Hey, you're not alone with your meaning: Me and million other Germans too would prefer to see these about 20 nuclear weapons vanish back into the US.

Fact is, these are American nuclear weapons. Turn it upside down, it remains the same: We do not own nuclear weapons. We do not build, we do not store.

In near future, those US hopefully will be gone. We're working on that.

BTW: You know that our diplomatic relations with the Russian Federation are amicable. We're not really in a fear beeing attacked by our Russian friends sooner or later..... :P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Just because we let the Empire go thats no reason not to improve ones English old bean.

So, if you resort to call me beaner, it is ok for me to call you pak?

Old chap, I have no idea what a beaner is.

I hardly doubt that though.

Dear boy, not having grown up in a Caracas shanty slum nor a trailer park I am hardly likely to be conversant in slum slang now am I. :)

Dear Paki, not having grown up in a paikstan shanti town, or suffered loss of a relative wearing a suicide vest while burning an US Flag and mistreating all the women in your life, I can understand your blind ignorance of facts regarding the US.

Maybe when you finally learn the Queens ENGLISH you'd like to enlighten me dear boy.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Just because we let the Empire go thats no reason not to improve ones English old bean.

So, if you resort to call me beaner, it is ok for me to call you pak?

Old chap, I have no idea what a beaner is.

I hardly doubt that though.

Dear boy, not having grown up in a Caracas shanty slum nor a trailer park I am hardly likely to be conversant in slum slang now am I. :)

Dear Paki, not having grown up in a paikstan shanti town, or suffered loss of a relative wearing a suicide vest while burning an US Flag and mistreating all the women in your life, I can understand your blind ignorance of facts regarding the US.

Maybe when you finally learn the Queens ENGLISH you'd like to enlighten me dear boy.

I like lettuce. It makes sammiches all crispy and stuff...
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most don't realize that Europe is really not really loved or embraced as a whole, by the rest of the world...

You must really yes really do not know enough about Europe to come up with such an idi*tic statement - Europe as a whole is clearly accepted.

True. It's the Europeans hating each other that is more prevalent.

Don't forget, it's young ..

Huh? I always thought that Europe was just as old as anyplace else. Are you saying that the countries of Europe have only recently gotten their shit together?

ANd about the "Paki" comments. We don't have Pakis really to worry about in the US. The "Paki"issue is a complaint we hear from Europeans.

I know it is more of an UK issue

Oh really? And just what issue would that be then?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

What would USA do when they dont have any warheads placed in europe? Norway denied to have any back in the 50´ies and had a hard time just becouse of it, when we did not wanted to play the american wargame!

we'll be perfectly happy when that day comes. The 50s was pre Sputnik - everything was delivered by B-52s. Now there are plenty of choices from much further out, don't need to put them next door to all potential enemies.

The interdependence is too great

Its declining eveyday as Europe and the rest of the world look to other markets to distance itself from the begining of the mudslide that will see the US in recession before to long. There was a time when if the US went into recession it was a guarentee that the UK and the rest of the world would, currently thats down to a 70% chance and declining.

The plunging stock indexes around the world today show that the dependence on the US is still rather high. I believe it was -5.5% for the UK today.

I find this rather unfortunate - foreign stocks were supposed to be independent and therefore a good vehicle for diversification, but it seems more tightly in sync than ever.

Yep, but if this isn't a motivater to uncouple somewhat from the USD I don't know what is. I think that the domance of the USD is drawing to a close (over the next few years)
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The interdependence is too great

Its declining eveyday as Europe and the rest of the world look to other markets to distance itself from the begining of the mudslide that will see the US in recession before to long. There was a time when if the US went into recession it was a guarentee that the UK and the rest of the world would, currently thats down to a 70% chance and declining.

The plunging stock indexes around the world today show that the dependence on the US is still rather high. I believe it was -5.5% for the UK today.

I find this rather unfortunate - foreign stocks were supposed to be independent and therefore a good vehicle for diversification, but it seems more tightly in sync than ever.

Yep, but if this isn't a motivater to uncouple somewhat from the USD I don't know what is. I think that the domance of the USD is drawing to a close (over the next few years)

Marmoset.

<>

umm... I'd suggest that, that is only true if you never use them.

You can't use them - its all about MAD. This remains true even after the end of the cold war. The world will not tolerate their use, and the owners fear the unpredictable outcome if they were to do so anyway. Their purpose now is to dissuade attack - hurt me and I'll fuck you up for good.

And it's worked pretty damn well. Compare deaths from 1946-present versus the 62 years prior.

To repeat for the third time - the US does not derive its power from its nuclear arsenal. If someone wants to argue the point in the opposite, I'm interested to hear it.

What about low yeild tactilcal battlefield nukes?
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

<>

umm... I'd suggest that, that is only true if you never use them.

You can't use them - its all about MAD. This remains true even after the end of the cold war. The world will not tolerate their use, and the owners fear the unpredictable outcome if they were to do so anyway. Their purpose now is to dissuade attack - hurt me and I'll fuck you up for good.

And it's worked pretty damn well. Compare deaths from 1946-present versus the 62 years prior.

To repeat for the third time - the US does not derive its power from its nuclear arsenal. If someone wants to argue the point in the opposite, I'm interested to hear it.

What about low yeild tactilcal battlefield nukes?

How would those affect Lagomorphs?

To be replaced by what? Unless England is planning to jump onboard with the euro, I don't see a replacement. France, Germany, and a bunch of stepchildren don't cut it.

To be replaced by what? Unless England is planning to jump onboard with the euro, I don't see a replacement. France, Germany, and a bunch of stepchildren don't cut it.

This morning I weighed myself. 175#. I then took a huge dump. I weighed myself afterwards. 173#.

Depends, ground burst or air burst, altitude, range from ground zero. But all in all pretty damn detrimentaly.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The Euro in the longer term. Also heavier interest in markets outside of the US and greater investment in the far east.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca