JohnRich

Scotland: Attempted murders with guns triple in decade

Here's one for you...maybe you can actually SHOW how the availability of guns are responsible for crime?

HOW to SHOW you?

Ha, ask your local sheriffs. They know. Your "bad" guys know. (I know it's only the bad guys which put their hands on weapons, I know)

Holy Christ, just open your newspapers every morning (perhaps available at your place, too?) and have a look. And after, ask yourself the question why the heck another gun shooting tragedy took place, and where the hell, all those weapons are coming from? Hint: Availability at every corner. Perhaps self-explanatory?

:|

No, that's your EXCUSE. I said to show me proof that the crime is being caused by the availability of the guns.

IOW...show that the crime wouldn't have happened if that eeeeevil gun hadn't been whispering in the person's ear.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And you assert that you have never spoke with opinion of US gun laws?

Ok

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=forum_35&search_string=gun&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=christelsabine+&sb=score&mh=25

We could all see for ourselves should we please to take the time
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

IOW...show that the crime wouldn't have happened if that eeeeevil gun hadn't been whispering in the person's ear.

See? There you have it:

.... wouldn't have happened if that evil gun would not have been available to that idiot....that easy!

Oh yeah I know what'll be your reply: ... It's not gun, it's men .... bla.

It's the weapon in the hand(s) of millions! And those are the millions with the finger(s) on the trigger.

How can "YOU" know if these millions really are rational enough to carry such a weapon? Jesus, just the imagination of beeing surrounded of thousands of weapons in a US city makes my toe nails curl!

99,999 % of our brave citizens are unarmed while doing thier daily biz, how did they/we manage to survive and breed???

:ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Dear, I never said "never spoke". Look at OP, it's JR's thread (again). I/we simply post replies.

Show me a thread where any European started any thread complaining about US citizens' armament or - more precise - about your lovely 2nd Amendment.

Have fun searching.

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Dear, I never said "never spoke". Look at OP, it's JR's thread (again). I/we simply post replies.

Show me a thread where any European started any thread complaining about US citizens' armament or - more precise - about your lovely 2nd Amendment.

Have fun searching.

:P

Ah yes our "lovely" 2nd amendment. I sure glad you dont have an opinion on it.
Abraham Lincoln

See? There you have it:

.... wouldn't have happened if that evil gun would not have been available to that idiot....that easy!

Oh yeah I know what'll be your reply: ... It's not gun, it's men .... bla.

It's the weapon in the hand(s) of millions! And those are the millions with the finger(s) on the trigger.

Another excuse - PROVE the crime was committed ONLY due to the availability of the weapon. You can't, so you make excuses.

Unless they've changed the laws of physics, that gun STILL can't go off on it's own - it still requires a human being to USE it. But by all means...please continue blaming a tool for the actions of the user.

How can "YOU" know if these millions really are rational enough to carry such a weapon? Jesus, just the imagination of beeing surrounded of thousands of weapons in a US city makes my toe nails curl!

I can't, just as YOU can't prove that they aren't. As for your toe-nails (and evidently the state of your bladder), perhaps you should stay where you're at.

You may want to avoid Branneburg, Freising, Erfurt, Emsdetten, and Cologne, however... just sayin'

99,999 % of our brave citizens are unarmed while doing thier daily biz, how did they/we manage to survive and breed???

The same way us gun-crazed idiots in the States do, I suppose...with the distinction that (in more and more areas), people in the States don't have to be at the mercy of a killer.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You Euros amaze me...

Answer me this: Since the police have no affirmative duty to protect any one individual, why shouldn't we be able to carry weapons for our self defense?

If the price is a few dead gangbangers, I call it a price worth paying.

Pass all the laws you want. Criminals will always get guns, no matter how many laws you pass & no matter how hard you enforce them. They're criminals, for fuck's sake.

But myopic folk that think like you keep me disarmed. I have no desire to become a predator. I'd simply like to be given the ability to defend myself.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

You Euros amaze me...

Answer me this: Since the police have no affirmative duty to protect any one individual, why shouldn't we be able to carry weapons for our self defense?

If the price is a few dead gangbangers, I call it a price worth paying.

Pass all the laws you want. Criminals will always get guns, no matter how many laws you pass & no matter how hard you enforce them. They're criminals, for fuck's sake.

But myopic folk that think like you keep me disarmed. I have no desire to become a predator. I'd simply like to be given the ability to defend myself.

Add to this (your well crafted post) the fact that we should not have comment or opinion about thier laws (even if we post to debate our own laws) because it is none of OUR business. How high on the irony scale it that?
Abraham Lincoln

Oh yeah, that "British" dish that came from Indian cuisine... :P

Sounds damn good though

Pretty damn nice.;)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'd like to go on record stating that it was I who originated the "recipe reply" tactic.

You're welcome.:D

Thank you.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Wow - 247 deaths and injuries. In a country of over 5 million people.

Staggering. Especially compared to the 52,447 violent gun injuries and the 28,663 deaths in the US in 2000 (couldn't find later stats). Wow - you've really given me something to think about.

How many high school massacres are you predicting for this year in Scotland John? How many in the US?

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Wow - 247 deaths and injuries. In a country of over 5 million people.

Staggering. Especially compared to the 52,447 violent gun injuries and the 28,663 deaths in the US in 2000 (couldn't find later stats). Wow - you've really given me something to think about.

How many high school massacres are you predicting for this year in Scotland John? How many in the US?

Huh???

I think you need to get better statistics than that. Try the DOJ (Dept of Justice). None of their numbers come close to yours....:S
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Huh???

I think you need to get better statistics than that. Try the DOJ (Dept of Justice). None of their numbers come close to yours....

OK will do...

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/tables/frmdth.htm

Mmmm - they quote 28,663 deaths from firearms on there.

I can see why you thought I had the numbers wrong...

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Wow - 247 deaths and injuries. In a country of over 5 million people. Staggering. Especially compared to the 52,447 violent gun injuries and the 28,663 deaths in the US in 2000 blah blah blah...

The usual nonsense response from the British Isles: failure to account for the differences in population, total disregard of the negative trend, failure to acknowledge the failure of gun control, blah blah blah...

Never mind. Not to worry. Scotland shouldn't worry about their gun crime until their gun deaths reach 28,663. Until then, everything is just fine. Really. I'm sure that banning BB guns will stop this bad trend dead in it's tracks. Guaranteed!

You Euros amaze me...

Let me try: It's an impossible thing to protect every single individual, correct. That's not necessary in healthy, social working societies. Why do unarmed poor idiots like Swiss folks, Austrian, North Europeans such as Swedish ones ... just walk around all their lifetime unarmed? We do so, too. So why do you need?
Don't get me wrong: Arm yourselves as much as you like, I really don't care.

....Criminals will always get guns, no matter how many laws you pass & no matter how hard you enforce them. They're criminals, for fuck's sake.

Agreed. The more sources they find, the better they are equipped.

Pls answer me a question: How about the early morning/late evening runnings? Are you running fully armed?

This morning, it was pitch-black when I left for a short run, tonight it was deep dark too while leaving home for another one. I did that w/o any gun - am I myopic or what? :S

;)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

You Euros amaze me...

Let me try: It's an impossible thing to protect every single individual, correct.This is a correct statement That's not necessary in healthy, social working societies.Please, can you point one out to me? One where everyone is safe in this place you speak of Why do unarmed poor idiots like Swiss folksSwiss are unarmed? You sure?, Austrian, North Europeans such as Swedish ones ... just walk around all their lifetime unarmed? We do so, too. So why do you need? Fine, this is your choice and I respect that but, I ask only that you respect my choices as well
Don't get me wrong: Arm yourselves as much as you like, I really don't care.Thank You

....Criminals will always get guns, no matter how many laws you pass & no matter how hard you enforce them. They're criminals, for fuck's sake.

Agreed. The more sources they find, the better they are equipped.

Pls answer me a question: How about the early morning/late evening runnings? Are you running fully armed?I know some that do

This morning, it was pitch-black when I left for a short run, tonight it was deep dark too while leaving home for another one. I did that w/o any gun - am I myopic or what? :SI am very glad this is your situation. It is mine to but, I know many where this is not possible

;)
Abraham Lincoln

like Swiss folksSwiss are unarmed?

Yup, they are when walking down the streets, shopping, going to school, going for runs.

They do have rifles in their homes. Most with little to no ammunition and locked away in such a way that the midnight intruder is going to get to them long before they can get to their army issued rifle.

Ok, yes I know, Swiss men are armed from toes to teeth - but: Just in the cupboards, where they use to keep their army weapons (they are obliged to). That's it.

Just fancy that: Half of Swiss population is fully armed, and what do those idiots do? Nothing. Leave them at home, hidden in drawers and such.

Some more info: Especially in rural environments, they do-not-even-lock their doors! Been there, done that, have seen it so many times .... Funny folks, right?

:)
edited to add:
I do respect your choice. Why don't you just ask your fellow citizen JR to respect ours? World would be a nicer place but, SC would become a boring one, agreed??

:ph34r::D:D

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Ok, yes I know, Swiss men are armed from toes to teeth - but: Just in the cupboards, where they use to keep their army weapons (they are obliged to). That's it.

Just fancy that: Half of Swiss population is fully armed, and what do those idiots do? Nothing. Leave them at home, hidden in drawers and such.

Some more info: Especially in rural environments, they do-not-even-lock their doors! Been there, done that, have seen it so many times .... Funny folks, right?

:)
edited to add:
I do respect your choice. Why don't you just ask your fellow citizen JR to respect ours? World would be a nicer place but, SC would become a boring one, agreed??

:ph34r::D:D

I do think for the most part he does respect yours. His points aimed more at those here who parade other countries laws and say things are much better and getting better. His posts are to show that is simply not the case.

But, however it is looked at, we would not, (as you point out), want to get bored:P
Abraham Lincoln

The problem with John's posts is simple. He is unable to understand the different mentality between most Europeans and North Americans regarding guns.

I believe it frustrates him.:ph34r:

:D:D:D

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Still, it seems quite apparant which mentality is better for a more happier life.

You dont feel this statement is a bit over the top?

It would indicate that somehow you know someone is happier than another. Whom do you mean?
Abraham Lincoln

The problem with John's posts is simple. He is unable to understand the different mentality between most Europeans and North Americans regarding guns.

I'm not worried about their mentality.

I'm worried about the mass ignorance about the lack of effectiveness of gun control laws, and the erosions of personal liberty and safety caused by those who don't understand that fact and want to keep trying gun control anyway.