JohnRich

Scotland: Attempted murders with guns triple in decade

And yet my pistol and shotgun slumber quietly in their respective cases in my home, never having harmed anyone...

You're not fooling US... we *know* they sneak out in the middle of the night a commit crimes...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Chicken Tikka Massala

INGREDIENTS
1 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
4 long skewers

1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

READ REVIEWS (375)

Review/Rate This Recipe
Save To Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note
Post a Recipe Photo
Post a Favorite Food List
Create a Menu

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and 4 teaspoons salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat a grill for high heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 3 teaspoons salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.

YUM!;)

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Dude, what is up with your gun obsession in Europe?

I'd say it stems from the unearned air of intellectual superiority inherent in the condescending nature of the posts of those in Europe (and those Carpetbaggers from Europe who want to import their phobia and need for a nanny state) when it comes to the fact that in the US we are not willing to give up our rights to self defense.

It's a case of one group telling the other how to live our lives.

Fuck off. I'm an American, and I don't give a flying fuck (or any other variety of fuck) how Europeans run their respective countries.

You want to pooh-pooh our laws? Here's a nice warm cup of Kill Yourself.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Maybe the fact that Europe keeps talking about how America should get rid of their guns like Europe has...and that it isn't working.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's a case of one group telling the other how to live our lives.

Fuck off. I'm an American, and I don't give a flying fuck (or any other variety of fuck) how Europeans run their respective countries.

You want to pooh-pooh our laws? Here's a nice warm cup of Kill Yourself.

Dear, I didn't find any Thread Here Where Europeans Are Going To Slag Off Your "Rights...." (including your 2nd Amendment).

If you feel offended by threads about mass shootings in American schools, malls, cities etc., which permanently are on front pages of papers - that's different. Most non-Americans just see the violence behind that, partially caused more than 200 million guns in private hands. I do not need same situation here.

Perhaps Mr. Clever-John-McCain could convince us of the contrary? :S ("No guns for bad guys!") What a strong argument! Bwahahaha....

I'm sure nobody from the other side of the pond wants to scratch anything off your laws. Enjoy them like we do with ours.

PS:
Oh well, JohnRich, don't let go and let nobody stop you in your holy cruisade - how about another European country, such like Switzerland f. e., where relationship between citizen:gun is about 2:1??? Ever had a look at their "crime gun rate"? (It's a lot of google-ing around, I know I know but ...)

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I know why he does it (and it is for reasons here in the US)but you seem to think those over there do not comment on US guns and culture.

What the heck man.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I'm not a "dude".
I'm not obsessed.

Europe is a place with many stringent gun control laws.
They don't work.
That's good to note for others who are contemplating such laws.

Do you live in Europe or something? I just notice your big ol' proud Texas avatar and just wondred why you were worried about gun laws in Europe.[:/]

Don't worry, guns in church will always be allowed in Texas and everywhere else for that matter(Bush made sure of that), because I know that they need to be! Hell I would never step foot in a church without one!

I don't think our guns laws are going anywhere. (2nd amendment)
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Here's one for you...maybe you can actually SHOW how the availability of guns are responsible for crime?

HOW to SHOW you?

Ha, ask your local sheriffs. They know. Your "bad" guys know. (I know it's only the bad guys which put their hands on weapons, I know)

Holy Christ, just open your newspapers every morning (perhaps available at your place, too?) and have a look. And after, ask yourself the question why the heck another gun shooting tragedy took place, and where the hell, all those weapons are coming from? Hint: Availability at every corner. Perhaps self-explanatory?

:|

That's what's causing all the hot air and global warming, ya hooligans!!

Thx for that ... :D:D:D

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Holy Christ, just open your newspapers every morning (perhaps available at your place, too?) and have a look. And after, ask yourself the question why the heck another gun shooting tragedy took place, and where the hell, all those weapons are coming from? Hint: Availability at every corner. Perhaps self-explanatory?

Once more for those who don't seem to get it...The people cause the crimes, not the weapons.

To quote the Petitioner's brief:

....as a matter of constitutional law, citizens do not enjoy any positive right to police protection. iDeShaney v. Winnebago County Dep’t of Social Servs., 489 U.S. 189 (1989); Castle Rock, 545 U.S.

THAT is why I should be allowed to own and carry a weapon for my self defense. Until we all get our own armed bodyguard paid for by the govt, I should be allowed the right to defend myself.

I'll end with another quote from that brief:

"[w]hatever right the Second Amendment guarantees, it does not require the District to stand by while its citizens die."

I'm not a "dude".
I'm not obsessed.

Europe is a place with many stringent gun control laws.
They don't work.
That's good to note for others who are contemplating such laws.

Do you live in Europe or something? I just notice your big ol' proud Texas avatar and just wondred why you were worried about gun laws in Europe.[:/]

Don't worry, guns in church will always be allowed in Texas and everywhere else for that matter(Bush made sure of that), because I know that they need to be! Hell I would never step foot in a church without one!

wwwhhhoooooshhhhhh
Abraham Lincoln

Here's one for you...maybe you can actually SHOW how the availability of guns are responsible for crime?

HOW to SHOW you?

Ha, ask your local sheriffs. When shall issue laws were being contemplated in Texas a survey of the sherifs were done. About 60% or more (if I remember correctly) were against this type of state law. 10 year later the same survey was done again. Nearly 100% of those surveyed said that there were no problems and they thought the law was good.They know. Your "bad" guys know. (I know it's only the bad guys which put their hands on weapons, I know)

Holy Christ, just open your newspapers every morning (perhaps available at your place, too?)and this statement proves what? Nothing and only goes to show your position and anti gun stance and have a look. And after, ask yourself the question why the heck another gun shooting tragedy took place, and where the hell, all those weapons are coming from? Hint: Availability at every corner. Perhaps self-explanatory?Again, a purley emotions responce that means absolutly nothing

:|

That's what's causing all the hot air and global warming, ya hooligans!!

Thx for that ... :D:D:D

Abraham Lincoln

I'd say it stems from the unearned air of intellectual superiority inherent in the condescending nature of the posts of those in Europe (and those Carpetbaggers from Europe who want to import their phobia and need for a nanny state) when it comes to the fact that in the US we are not willing to give up our rights to self defense.

The man himself says you're wrong.

How about a plate of Get The Fuck Off Your High Horse?;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The man himself says you're wrong.

How about a plate of Get The Fuck Off Your High Horse?;)

What "man"?

Because, for some reason, many of our politicians and some of our Supreme Court justices seem to think that our laws need to mimic Europe's.

Bush made sure of that, did he? Please, do explain how - was there some sort of sweeping law that I didn't hear about that allows unlicensed carry anywhere in the country?

Then you're being exceedingly naive.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706