Drug Tests for Welfare Recipients?

I don't believe it is a myth that crack use during pregnancy will harm an unborn child.

An interesting thing to note is that most if not all crackheads also drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. I wonder if ever a mother existed who smoked crack during pregnancy but otherwise had regular prenatal care.

I don't believe it is a myth that crack use during pregnancy will harm an unborn child.

An interesting thing to note is that most if not all crackheads also drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. I wonder if ever a mother existed who smoked crack during pregnancy but otherwise had regular prenatal care.

I think that's one of the problems with doing any kind of research on humans; there are way too many variables to control for, and you can't exactly keep them caged like rats.

However, I believe there is a general consensus that heavy crack use is harmful to the user, so it would make sense to think that it would be harmful to a fetus who is still dependent on the user for life support.

I'm an employer in an at-will state. I can put just about any requirement on you as a job applicant that I want to, as long as it's not a protected class issue.

Cliff's notes version: If you're mad I demand a drug screen, Fuck You... tough shit, Cheech.

And the same to you, of course. That policy will disqualify you from getting the best available workers who have the ability to choose better employers, particularly when the economy is strong.

In theory you're less likely to get the lower quality drug using workers, but if you were doing your job with performance evaluation that would be a moot point. Also, the type of testing where you do it once at the beginning appears to be easily defeated, based on the large number of 'violators' I see around here.

Does drug use currently result in denial of welfare benefits under CA or any other state's laws? Should it?

I think any receipient of govt aid, regardless of race, creed, sexual preference, gender, or religion should be on mandatory birth control, so of course I think they should be drug tested ...as well as validated citizenship and jail/chain gang/deportation of illegals... :)
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

I'm an employer in an at-will state. I can put just about any requirement on you as a job applicant that I want to, as long as it's not a protected class issue.

Cliff's notes version: If you're mad I demand a drug screen, Fuck You... tough shit, Cheech.

Pretty much what I was saying, but in a slightly different manner. An employer can only ask you to take a test, but they can not force it upon you. (I am not aware of an employer ever strapping someone in restraints and drawing blood). If you say no, then you will very likely find yourself given the opportunity to seek employment elsewhere.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I'm not mad, I'm just glad I don't have to work for you. I agree that what you said is true, and I think it's a sad state of affairs, but that doesn't mean it needs to stay that way. If the people of this country would collectively grow a set and refuse to submit to such testing, employers would drop the requirement or face a significant competitive disadvantage. The company I work for now does make me pee in a cup annually, but only for medical monitoring (for occupational exposure stuff). Same with my last employer, and the one before that. Since 1989, I've only worked for companies who treat me with respect in that regard, and I'm happy about that. Obviously your employees don't care, or at least not enough to refuse, and that's their choice.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Does drug use currently result in denial of welfare benefits under CA or any other state's laws? Should it?

I think any receipient of govt aid, regardless of race, creed, sexual preference, gender, or religion should be on mandatory birth control, so of course I think they should be drug tested ...as well as validated citizenship and jail/chain gang/deportation of illegals... :)

Mandatory birth control for welfare recipients I can agree with. Leaning against Whiz Quiz for Welfare at this point.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Sounds good to me. We should also require that to get each welfare check you have to take a birth control injection (be nice if we had one for guys).
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

i'm all for drug tests for welfare. why the fuck should my tax dollars pay for someone's drug habit?

Maybe welfare recepients should also be monitored for alcohol consumption. They should also be monitored to be sure they do not decide to spend that money on doing a possible tandem jump, going to an amusement park, a movie, buying snack food or fastfood or any type of resturuant (They should be given a list of government approved food and any attempt to buy anyother type of food should result in immediate removal from welfare), they shouldn't be allowed to purchase gasoline for their car as they should be required to sell their car before they recieve welfare. They could easily walk or take a bus. They're rent should be deducted from their alloted amount and sent directly to their landlord. They should be strictly prohibited from taking any kind of vacation. There travel (by bus or foot) should be monitored via GPS to be sure that they go no further than to a job interview. They should be taken off welfare if they are know to smoke cigerettes, cigars, pipe or chew tobacco. Their weight should be taken several times a month to be sure that they are not eating more than the government allows for them. They should not be allowed to have a pet of any kind (dog, cat, bird, fish...), They should not be allowed to own a gun, they should not be allowed to hunt, they should not be allowed to go fishing. They should not be allowed cable or satellite T.V.. They should not be allowed internet access nor should they be allowed to own a computer. They should be barred from going to any kind of sport event. In all, they should be denied anything and everything that they might spend welfare dollars on. Uncle Sam should give them a very short list that should only allow them to pay gas, electric, phone, water and government approved food (Ramen Noodles). Why the fuck should tax dollars pay for anything these people get. The government needs to install cameras, GPS monitors and enact mandatory testing for everything they ingest!
Wouldn't this form of Nanny State be grand! Just add these things on to mandatory drug testing and WHAMO 1984!!!!!!!!! Knocking at your door!
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Sounds like the Dem's wettest dream, doesn't it?

Actually, the intrusiveness of it all sounds more like the wet dream of any party (Dems, Repubs, all the others) backstage puppet handler.
Neil Young

i'm all for drug tests for welfare. why the fuck should my tax dollars pay for someone's drug habit?

Maybe welfare recepients should also be monitored for alcohol consumption. They should also be monitored to be sure they do not decide to spend that money on doing a possible tandem jump, going to an amusement park, a movie, buying snack food or fastfood or any type of resturuant (They should be given a list of government approved food and any attempt to buy anyother type of food should result in immediate removal from welfare), they shouldn't be allowed to purchase gasoline for their car as they should be required to sell their car before they recieve welfare. They could easily walk or take a bus. They're rent should be deducted from their alloted amount and sent directly to their landlord. They should be strictly prohibited from taking any kind of vacation. There travel (by bus or foot) should be monitored via GPS to be sure that they go no further than to a job interview. They should be taken off welfare if they are know to smoke cigerettes, cigars, pipe or chew tobacco. Their weight should be taken several times a month to be sure that they are not eating more than the government allows for them. They should not be allowed to have a pet of any kind (dog, cat, bird, fish...), They should not be allowed to own a gun, they should not be allowed to hunt, they should not be allowed to go fishing. They should not be allowed cable or satellite T.V.. They should not be allowed internet access nor should they be allowed to own a computer. They should be barred from going to any kind of sport event. In all, they should be denied anything and everything that they might spend welfare dollars on. Uncle Sam should give them a very short list that should only allow them to pay gas, electric, phone, water and government approved food (Ramen Noodles). Why the fuck should tax dollars pay for anything these people get. The government needs to install cameras, GPS monitors and enact mandatory testing for everything they ingest!
Wouldn't this form of Nanny State be grand! Just add these things on to mandatory drug testing and WHAMO 1984!!!!!!!!! Knocking at your door!

If we do not like having a nanny state then we should abolish welfare altogether. Remember getting paid to do nothing is not a right. It is a unique priviledge that we in western countries provide for out of taxpayers money.

When you live under your parents roof and eat their food and use the electricity they pay for you comply with your parents rules. When you are ready to take responsibility for yourself and pay your own way then you move out and do not have to follow mom and dad's rules, but so long as you stay under their roof, you accept their rules. The same should apply when Joe taxpayer works hard and pays your way. In effect if you are on welfare then you are living under the taxpayers roof and he/she is your parent who was forced by the government to adopt you. He/she sets the rules. Don't like those rules? Take care of yourself.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

If we do not like having a nanny state then we should abolish welfare altogether. Remember getting paid to do nothing is not a right. It is a unique priviledge that we in western countries prvide for out of taxpayers money.

When you live under your parents roof and eat their food and use the electricity they pay for you comply with your parents rules. When you are ready to take responsibility for yourself you pay your own way then you move out and do not have to follow mom and dad's rules, but so long as you stay under their roof, you accept their rules. The same should apply when Joe taxpayer works hard and pays your way. In effect if you are on welfare then you are living under the taxpayers roof and he/she is your parent who was forced by the government to adopt you. He/she sets the rules. Don't like those rules? Take care of yourself.

Thank you for saying it a lot more politely than I would've...
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

How about drugtests for pregnant women? Or am I missing something?

THey can go ahead and fuck up their own kid--not my problem. Just do not expect any eligibility for one single fucking government dollar of any aid, of any kind or form, to remedy the problems that ensue. And expect adverse legal action on behalf of the kid.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Sounds like the Dem's wettest dream, doesn't it?

Actually, the intrusiveness of it all sounds more like the wet dream of any party (Dems, Repubs, all the others) backstage puppet handler.

Unfortunately, I think you're right.... just differing version of nannystate.gov
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

How about drugtests for pregnant women? Or am I missing something?

THey can go ahead and fuck up their own kid--not my problem. Just do not expect any eligibility for one single fucking government dollar of any aid, of any kind or form, to remedy the problems that ensue. And expect adverse legal action on behalf of the kid.

Say some crackwhore gets knocked up.

She's a republican so she wants to keep the baby and she also doesn't want to fuck it up. Would you spend some government dollars on her getting clean?

How nice that the republicans put an end to the Welfare to Work program. While they're at it they should end everything at this site http://www.acf.hhs.gov/acf_services.html Why should my taxes go to help someones dirty little retarded fucking kid! I didn't fuck the nasty skanky whore and knock her slut ass up! Why should I, as a good American, give a damn about anyone in the USA when there are wars to start and people to kill overseas! I mean, really, to preserve our way of life and to keep up the charade that America is a shinning beacon, it is far better that we give our taxes to terrorist harbouring countries like Pakistan and oil rich countries like Saudi Arabia! It is far more important that we waste billions of dollars and not care about the tools that get their bodies blown apart so that we can keep up the charade that we are fighting "terrorist". Bin laden is just laughing at how stupid americans really are. I mean, really, fuck America and fuck the American people! We are just tools. Better hope these soldiers who have PTSD blow their fucking scrambled brains out because your tax dollars will have to support them. Better push for legislation to have them all castrated so they do not reproduce or else tax dollars will have to support their retards! Best push for legislation to gas all homeless people. Wouldn't it be cheaper and more fun to shove a hose down their throats and turn on the gas than to help them back up the ladder. I mean really, when you are above someone else, isn't it the American way to kick them in the face and back down again! America does not stand up for it's people as a large percentage of Americans are against Americans in general! I mean really, when the Tsumami hit overseas, Americans pooled their money to help and then shoved it in the face of the rest of the world and bbraggged and bragged and bragged about how "generous and caring" that Americans are but, when the hurricane hit the Gulf coast, Americans gave the finger to those people. Americans threaten violence. Americans said "FUCK YOU" to those people. All in all, Americans hate Americans. Face it, you know it is true.
Neil Young

dude, are you serious? i don't think welfare shouldn't be given in the form of money anyway, but it is. drug testing is a reasonable and feasable to weed out people who shouldn't be getting my money. if you want to do drugs, do them. just don't make me pay for them.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

If we do not like having a nanny state then we should abolish welfare altogether. Remember getting paid to do nothing is not a right. It is a unique priviledge that we in western countries prvide for out of taxpayers money.

When you live under your parents roof and eat their food and use the electricity they pay for you comply with your parents rules. When you are ready to take responsibility for yourself you pay your own way then you move out and do not have to follow mom and dad's rules, but so long as you stay under their roof, you accept their rules. The same should apply when Joe taxpayer works hard and pays your way. In effect if you are on welfare then you are living under the taxpayers roof and he/she is your parent who was forced by the government to adopt you. He/she sets the rules. Don't like those rules? Take care of yourself.

Thank you for saying it a lot more politely than I would've...

Now that I understand where you were coming from I concur.

Please understand I was not supporting drug testing. Only passing on some info (that I live under)
:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

dude, are you serious? i don't think welfare shouldn't be given in the form of money anyway, but it is. drug testing is a reasonable and feasable to weed out people who shouldn't be getting my money. if you want to do drugs, do them. just don't make me pay for them.

No I wasn't serious. I don't believe any of that of which I wrote (except for the rent being sent directly to the landlord). It was sarcasm. It does piss me off when I hear of someone on welfare driving a $20-50,000.00 car or taking a vacation to Cancun! As for drug testing? I'd rather have them tested daily for alcohol consumption as alcohol is a far bigger problem amongst welfare receipients. Nicotine is another major problem and why shouldn't they be tested for that as well. Why should my taxes pay for someones beer and cigarettes. If anything testing and monitoring for alcohol should be mandatory. Alcohol, as it is, kills far more people than all of the illegal drugs combine (not including mj as mj is not a deadly drug). Alcohol is responsible for more depression, job loss and family violence. Yup, monitor for alcohol and I am onboard! Alcohol is the most dangerous drug in this country today and to allow those who are in a depressing situation to use this drug is a shame. Throw fucking booze in to the mix and I'll agree to the testing.
Neil Young