FreeFallin247

What a bunch of CHEATING LIARS!!!

Yes, I am talking about the steroid use in baseball. I think that these players should have their records put on hold, or not allow them to count, or count in a different category.

Here is the new theme song for Baseball, lol

http://www.burlysports.com/video/20126

Speakers Corner in 3...2...1....

LOL

Walt

BTW: Good call, Walt!:D:D

Chuck

I think, the cheating players in baseball, who used 'enhancing' drugs, should get the same treatment as Marian Jones. They should be stripped of any titles, not mentioned in any record books... not even an asterisk and banned from the sport.

Chuck

I think they need to go after the coaches more. I highly doubt that time and time again, athletes choose this route behind the backs of their blissfully ignorant and innocent coaches. There have been reports in the past of coaches even pushing it on the athletes. If the people in charge started geting nailed too then it might have an effect on the problem
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I think, the cheating players in baseball, who used 'enhancing' drugs, should get the same treatment as Marian Jones. They should be stripped of any titles, not mentioned in any record books... not even an asterisk and banned from the sport.

I'm not a sports fan but I think it's naive to expect integrity in professional sports--the money involved is way to big to expect people to play "clean".

Universities use their athletic departments as a vehicle for druming up financial support among alumni. Some of the athletes they recruit are hardly worthy of being given a high school diploma, let alone admission to a major university. The provide them with tutors and do what it takes to keep the eligible to play.

Look at the kind of press that professional football and basketball players are getting for their off-field activities. Back in the day, professional athletes were expected to be role models for kids. Now they are expected to be model prisoners so they can get back to the playing field ASAP.

Professional sports are businesses, plain and simple. IMO, professional wrestling is probably the most honest of the bunch. When you watch wrestling, you *know* it's a show. They flaunt it.

Personally, I think professional sports could take a cue from professional wrestling. Wrestling is melodrama at its best--it's good guys and bad guys.

Remember when Tonya Harding's thugs attacked Nancy Kerrigan and everyone absolutely *despised* Tony and her crew? That was the best thing that ever happend to figure skating! People who didn't give a flying fuck about it were watching it after that.

Even though I think Michael Vick and his buddies are scumbags, I think the best thing he could do is make a public statement that he killed those dogs just for fun and he doesn't see what the big deal is. Followup with some more trash talk to get the entire country wanting to see him fry in hell. Then, get him back on the playing field after he gets out of prison.

Everybody and their fucking families would be watching him play!

If you want integrity in sports, the money needs to go away.

Walt

Ditto....they cheated... and broke the rules....make them a non entity.

Chuck

I think they need to go after the coaches more. I highly doubt that time and time again, athletes choose this route behind the backs of their blissfully ignorant and innocent coaches. There have been reports in the past of coaches even pushing it on the athletes. If the people in charge started geting nailed too then it might have an effect on the problem

I agree... to a point. Go after all involved. If, that means coaches and managers... get 'em! I do agree, coaches aren't stupid and have to know what's going on.

Chuck

I agree with you. Don't you think that most people knew about this and just turned a blind eye. I'm not a huge sports fan, but I saw the size of some of these guys and knew they had to be on something and it wasn't just creatine.

I think, even the owners, either knew about it or had a big hunch that players were doping. Fans love the long ball and love the 'sluggers'. Home runs put fannies in seats and make the bucks to pay the high-dollar players. Look at Bonds from a few years ago! He wasn't always that big.

Chuck

Ditto....they cheated... and broke the rules....make them a non entity.

Precisely! Motion seconded... all in favor...

Chuck

es, I am talking about the steroid use in baseball. I think that these players should have their records put on hold, or not allow them to count, or count in a different category.

I swear to god if ball less sellig lets these fuckers into the Hall they better let Pete Rose in!!! HE DESERVES to be there. He didn't cheat on the field at least.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

This is a problem. Take their records? How? How to characterize them?

The Mitchell report had, what, 80 names? My thought is, "Is that all?"

What else are we gonna use to ban players? Plenty of athletes were high as a kite on cocaine in the 1980's. Shall be take away Otis Nixon's 72 stolen bases in 1991? What about Dwight Gooden's Triple Crown in 1985 (led NL in ERA, Strikeouts and Wins)?

What about Doc Ellis throwing a no-hitter on LSD and amphetamines?

Note - amphetamines have been a HUGE factor in professional sports for ages - especially baseball and football.

I just cannot see a fair and just way to do it. Loads more dudes have done stuff and not been caught.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

On a slightly-related topic, what about the idea of testing competitive skydivers, including those on world record attemps, for drug use? It's a "don't care" for me.

They do, sometimes. My teammate got pulled from the lineup just before we got on the podium in Germany for the World Games. Another team got tested in the airport before they left to go back home. It happens.
Oh, hello again!

On a slightly-related topic, what about the idea of testing competitive skydivers, including those on world record attemps, for drug use? It's a "don't care" for me.

They do, sometimes. My teammate got pulled from the lineup just before we got on the podium in Germany for the World Games. Another team got tested in the airport before they left to go back home. It happens.

Wow, I'm really surprised to hear that. I've *never* heard of drug testing in the sport. Is that some sort of FAI thing?

Walt

> I think, the cheating players in baseball, who used 'enhancing'
>drugs, should get the same treatment as Marian Jones.

I think we should have two classes. "Natural" class where everyone who participates agrees to not do drugs, not dope, not use EPO etc etc - and also agrees to regular testing.

Then do an "open" class where anything goes.

Let people choose which they want to watch.

> I think, the cheating players in baseball, who used 'enhancing'
>drugs, should get the same treatment as Marian Jones.

I think we should have two classes. "Natural" class where everyone who participates agrees to not do drugs, not dope, not use EPO etc etc - and also agrees to regular testing.

Then do an "open" class where anything goes.

Let people choose which they want to watch.

Yeah! We could call this new game 'Dope-ball'! It wouldn't be 'Baseball'! Maybe, I'm a 'purist'.

Chuck

I'm sure, some folks would like it. I'd like to see real baseball come back. No frills, no flash just good ol' Lou Gehrig, Al Kaline, Whitey Ford, baseball. With the kind of players who 'gave' kids their autograph and didn't charge them for it. They didn't wear 3-piece suits and weren't followed by a battery of attornies.

Chuck

We could call this new game 'Dope-ball'

There aren't a lot of people like you and me who enjoy and really appreciate a ball game that is 2-1 in the top of the 8th. "Chicks dig the long ball.'

As a side note, I noticed that Brendan Donnelly is on the list. As an Angels fan, I remember that he is permanently banned from the baseball union because he was a scab during the strike.

My guess is the unions hangs him out to dry.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>Yeah! We could call this new game 'Dope-ball'!

Highball? Speedball? Not flashy enough. I know - how about EXTREME baseball? It would sell like crazy!

Yeah right... remember the XFL? Crashed and burned after just one season, IIRC. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I was a little surprised at some of the names on the list... 'Pudge' Rodriguez??? You'd never, ever, see Nolan Ryan's name on any of those lists or Maris or Killebrew! It's sad to think that 'The Game' has sunk to such levels. Like the sign at the ball park said; "Ruth did it on beer and hot dogs!"

Chuck

or not allow them to count, or count in a different category.

Personally I could not possibly care less if baseball players use steroids... but then I wouldn't care if baseball vanished from earth either;).

Anyway, I forget who it was but some comedian said that we should have categories for athletes like we do for drag racing.

Stock: All natural, period.

Super-stock: Like all the guys doping in the tour-de-france... sure, it's not really "natural" but it sure as hell isn't steroids.

Top-fuel: I won't be satisfied until I see an olympic sprinter who has cut off his legs and grafted himself to a cheetah!
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."