DropDgorgeous

I would like to tell you a bit more about God

If it makes you feel better funks, my grandfather refused to call my sister by her name for nearly 2 years because she was named after a 'colored' woman, his words. I said that there was never a problem in our house. If you think that it was because we were never exposed to racism, you're making a hell of an assumption.

Im saying what relevance does the fact people in your family are named after muslims? Who gives a shit? Names are simply tags and not a reflection of personal belief.
My name means a Pasture of land - does that mean my parent liked farming?
To know requires proof
To believe requires evidence
To have faith requires neither.
If you stick with that, we'll never be confused again

Hi there. I apologise for not responding to anyones comments. I posted the thread on Friday and went skydiving on Saturday. I'm still a student, I wanted to do level 8, 9 and 10 of my AFF that day. I did level 8 - all went well, untill the landing.

We have a massive student landing area, but then you tend to be quite far away from the area where there's people. I miscalculated my descent, and landed near the building, where I wasn't supposed to land. I flared a bit too late, hitting the ground a bit harder than I should've. I could've rolled it out, but my legs got stuck, because the ground was uneven. I was in quite a bit of pain, but told myself I'd probably just sprained my ankles and if I lay there long enough the pain would go away. It didn't. If I had landed in the student landing area, it would've bee a while before anyone would've seen that I had gotten hurt. As it were, I landed right next to people who could help me. And, quite amazingly, there was a docter at the dropzone - he had been on the same load as I. I broke my leg on two places, but it'll heal. It just once again showed me that God looks after his children. He placed me close to help, and he supplied a docter to look after me. What more can a girl ask for :)

And, quite amazingly, there was a docter at the dropzone - he had been on the same load as I.

Amazingly? I don't know about other places but there's rarely a weekend goes by without 3 or 4 doctors and medics at my DZ.

I broke my leg on two places, but it'll heal. It just once again showed me that God looks after his children. He placed me close to help, and he supplied a docter to look after me.

Sickening. Make sure you don't thank the doctor, eh:S

Still, hope you heal fast and get back in the air soon.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Besides being a Christian, i'm also a rationalist, but there are things in life that you have to accept as they are. Either you believe it or you dont. There's a verse in the Bible where Jesus says that His children knows his voice, and they'll know when He speaks to them. Once the Holy Spirit opens your heart up, you'll know when It's your Father speaking to you.

You talk about all the suffering of the people in your country. Have you ever done anything to help any of them? We as Christians are God's hands. He wants us to reach out to His people and to help them. His number one command is that you should love Him and others as you love yourself. Do you love these people enough to help them? The Government is run by people, people are corrupt and they lie and they hurt one another. God does not make them do it.

I'm not claiming that, in context of the trying world out there that my experience was 'a true trying experience'.

When there's only direction you can possibly consider taking in your life where your profession is concerned it is quite frightening to not be given the opportunity to qualify yourself in it.

But I must admit that believing God's promise that I would get in, after so much negative feedback from different institutions, does takes some degree of faith. Or at least it did for me.

In answer to your second question - I didn't want to go to Pretoria, I wanted to go to Bloemfontein. I already had my academic clothes bought for it. So I honestly do not believe I would've been interested in finding out what Pretoria had to tell me. But God knows best and He placed me where He knew I would prosper.

am home ill, but this thread its hurting my head far more than the actual illness. :S

2 things:

1. so will you be using your medical degree to spread goodwill?

2. please don't think of skydiving as something God will guide you through. YOU didn't land in the right area, YOU flared too high, and unfortunately YOU injured YOU. Its great that you have a positive attitude about it. :)

I broke my leg on two places, but it'll heal.

It just once again showed me that God looks after his children. He placed me close to help, and he supplied a docter to look after me. What more can a girl ask for :)

Isnt that a bit of a contradiction? God broke your leg and then supplied a doctor?

Wouldnt it be nicer for him to just not have you break your leg?

This is becoming laughable.
To know requires proof

But I must admit that believing God's promise that I would get in, after so much negative feedback from different institutions, .

What kind of institutions... :P
To know requires proof

This is becoming laughable.

The sarcasm and desperate attempts to ridicule and denigrate those who DO have a belief system isn't what I would call laughable...more along the lines of a pathetic attempt to make themselves feel better at the expense of another.

Call it an emotional Baron Von Munchausen syndrome.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"God is a God of love, not one who hurts. So your example isn't very rational. "

Your response makes me question if you have even read the bible. God certainly does hurt, he even targets the innocent for special suffering. Take for example the Exodus story. God hardened Pharos heart to show his glory, he sent ten plagues including the death of every first born when he could have just softened Pharohs heart instead. Anyone who can say something like your comment above either hasnt read the bible or is so brainwashed they cant see its cruelty.

Anyone who can say something like your comment above either hasnt read the bible or is so brainwashed they cant see its cruelty.

As Billvon pointed out in another thread, there is a great difference in the message of the Old Testament vs. the message of the New Testament.

Perhaps YOU may wish to do a bit of further reading...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The sarcasm and desperate attempts to ridicule and denigrate those who DO have a belief system isn't what I would call laughable

But I DO find this belief system ridiculous. Im an open person and willing to listen to everyones point of view, but to say that god provided her with a doctor is complete insanity.
To know requires proof

there is a great difference in the message of the Old Testament vs. the message of the New Testament..

So now only PART of the bible should be listened to?
To know requires proof

The sarcasm and desperate attempts to ridicule and denigrate those who DO have a belief system isn't what I would call laughable

But I DO find this belief system ridiculous. Im an open person and willing to listen to everyones point of view, but to say that god provided her with a doctor is complete insanity.

Open person? Willing to listen to other points of view? Not by your posts in this thread, my friend.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Open person? Willing to listen to other points of view? Not by your posts in this thread, my friend.

I think you;ll find most of my posts are asking questions to the post I replied to, however very few were answered.
To know requires proof

The sarcasm and desperate attempts to ridicule and denigrate those who DO have a belief system isn't what I would call laughable...

Desperate? Not really, it's actually rather easy.

BTW, there's a difference between having a belief system and being deluded to the point that it's incredible they can actually function in society.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The sarcasm and desperate attempts to ridicule and denigrate those who DO have a belief system isn't what I would call laughable...

Desperate? Not really, it's actually rather easy.

BTW, there's a difference between having a belief system and being deluded to the point that it's incredible they can actually function in society.

You're absolutely right - all those non-functionals like Pope John Paul, Mother Teresa, Jimmy Carter, etc etc etc....
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

there is a great difference in the message of the Old Testament vs. the message of the New Testament..

So now only PART of the bible should be listened to?

That is EXACTLY what he was trying to do - use ONE part to prove the OP wrong, disregarding the rest of it.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think you;ll find most of my posts are asking questions to the post I replied to, however very few were answered.

Really? Let's check the record:

Tell that to the millions of innocent people dying of starvation or living on the streets.

Seems like a way out of being in control of your own destiny. If you fuck up - blame god, if you succeed - thank god.

Wow, whip out the Koran and have yourself a shisha pipe! Is that like "I know a black guy so im not racist"?

Im saying what relevance does the fact people in your family are named after muslims? Who gives a shit? Names are simply tags and not a reflection of personal belief.

Not seeing any questions there... sarcasm and ridicule, yes... question, no.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Really? Let's check the record:

Tell that to the millions of innocent people dying of starvation or living on the streets.

Seems like a way out of being in control of your own destiny. If you fuck up - blame god, if you succeed - thank god.

Wow, whip out the Koran and have yourself a shisha pipe! Is that like "I know a black guy so im not racist"?

Not seeing any questions there... sarcasm and ridicule, yes... question, no.

LOL! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to search all my posts and condense them into one so that everyone can see my points without having to trawl through this thread. I didnt know you cared!

And yeah the above arent questions, they are my opinions. Just because you didnt quote my questions doesnt mean they arent there.

A bit like the bible really - taking what it says to suit your own personal needs.
To know requires proof