crwtom

All Atheists are Immoral

that would be the believe held by more than a quarter of Americans

Poll - see Question 19

If 2/3 would reject me as a political candidate based only on my
atheist view then this is depressing but not directly personal
(as I don't plan on running for political office)

However, that 80 Million Americans think I am automatically an
immoral person is Salem witch hunt mentality and not too thinly
spread in this country.

UGLY!

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

Stalin, Lenin and Mao Tse Tung come to mind.

So I am as bad as Stalin - thank you very much ...

BTW, HItler and Mussolini believed in a Christian God.
You want me to draw some conclusions from that ...
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

I have held multiple discussions with religious people about morals. Many believe that without religion a person has no consequences and that without consequences a person will say and do whatever they want (regardless of morality). I have tried to explain that there exist people that say and do moral things because they believe it is the right thing to say and do, and don't say or do immoral things because they believe it is the wrong thing to say or do, regardless of the consequences. I have also tried to explain to them that I find it disturbing that they believe that without religion there is no reason to say and do moral things because that means that if they were not religious they would see nothing wrong with murdering another person (or other immoral things).
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stalin, Lenin and Mao Tse Tung come to mind.

Fuck me, if you can't distinguish between communism and atheism then we're in bigger trouble than I thought!

Which do you think came first in their thought processes, atheism or communism? Or were these people just megalomaniacs with an opportunity?

there exist people that say and do moral things because they believe it is the right thing to say and do, and don't say or do immoral things because they believe it is the wrong thing to say or do, regardless of the consequences.

Bingo! Religion is a separate issue for me.

OTOH, you have people who say/do immoral and judgmental things but because they attend church several times a week believe that it's okay. These people are actually convinced that they hold the moral high ground over someone who behaves the same way, but doesn't attend church.

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

Which do you think came first in their thought processes, atheism or communism?

Do you honestly think communism is a byproduct of atheism?

Marx was an atheist, and religion, particularly Christanity, if practised, had to go underground.

Don't forget that the state becomes God.

Do you honestly think communism is a byproduct of atheism?

Marx was an atheist, and religion, particularly Christanity, if practised, had to go underground.

Don't forget that the state becomes God.

Torquemada, Mussolini and Hitler were Christians. As were Pope Sixtus IV, King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. Following your logic, all Christians are evil.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And Hitler was a Christian. What's your point?

There's fucked up people in every belief system. Being Christian doesn't make one good and being an atheist doesn't make one bad, regardless of what you were brainwashed to believe.
This ad space for sale.

So you think he had his political ideas because of his atheism?

You think that a lack of religion was the reason for the gulags?

Seriously?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I have held multiple discussions with religious people about morals. Many believe that without religion a person has no consequences and that without consequences a person will say and do whatever they want (regardless of morality). I have tried to explain that there exist people that say and do moral things because they believe it is the right thing to say and do, and don't say or do immoral things because they believe it is the wrong thing to say or do, regardless of the consequences. I have also tried to explain to them that I find it disturbing that they believe that without religion there is no reason to say and do moral things because that means that if they were not religious they would see nothing wrong with murdering another person (or other immoral things).

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law to themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Romans 2:12-16

Obadiah, his servants. There shall, in that time, be rumours of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things wi-- with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock. Yea, it is written in the book of Cyril that, in that time, shall the third one...

Obadiah, his servants. There shall, in that time, be rumours of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things wi-- with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock. Yea, it is written in the book of Cyril that, in that time, shall the third one...

Uhhhh....What?......

And the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there shall be a great rubbing of parts. Yeeah...

Reply To

So you think he had his political ideas because of his atheism?

You think that a lack of religion was the reason for the gulags?

Seriously?

Communism is atheistic, the state is the supreme power and you must live by the dictates of the state or you perish. Free thinkers are the first to go. Sort of like today's university systems.

Yea, I'm throwing a match into the gasoline.

This isn't complicated stuff. Marx wrote that religion of the opiate of the people, used to dupe them into being content working for the man. Atheism came from marxism.

In parallel, most capitalists are also atheistic. Or at the very least, they're content to ignore all the moral teachings of christianity in order to do better themselves. They believe in #1 - themselves.

Free thinkers are the first to go.

Are Atheists free thinkers? How about scientists?

People who follow a millenia old dogma laid out in a patchwork of a book are free thinkers?

I've never heard of an atheist burning a scientist at the stake, only the religious do that, what does that say about freedom of thought?

Yeah but you could flip that around. I'm sure certain atheists wouldn't mind burning a select few Christians at the stake atm.. ;):P:)

Never happened, wouldn't happen but it's an easy and cheap claim to make. If you want to post any old shit without foundation then you can say anything, like "Evolution theory is wrong" or "Atheists want to burn Christians at the stake", but if you want to base your comments on any kind of a factual foundation then you simply can't turn that statement around and be left with a leg to stand on.