crwtom

All Atheists are Immoral

I've never heard of an atheist burning a scientist at the stake, only the religious do that, what does that say about freedom of thought?

Cultural Revolution?

As I wrote in the latest Muslim bashing thread, this isn't really about religion. People in power act to maintain and grow power. Religion may be cited, but that's much like WMDs in Iraq: a pretext.

As I wrote in the latest Muslim bashing thread, this isn't really about religion. People in power act to maintain and grow power. Religion may be cited, but that's much like WMDs in Iraq: a pretext.

Maybe, but religion provides a nice label don't you think? Those nice labels make it much easier for Iraqi Sunni and Shi'ite muslims to kill each other. The same goes for Irish Catholics vs Protestants or Kashmiri Sikhs vs Muslims etc.

That's before we even consider the mutual feelings of "I'm right and you're wrong you fcuking heathern bastard" that seem to follow religious labels around.

that would be the believe held by more than a quarter of Americans

If 2/3 would reject me as a political candidate based only on my atheist view then this is depressing but not directly personal (as I don't plan on running for political office)

However, that 80 Million Americans think I am automatically an immoral person is Salem witch hunt mentality and not too thinly spread in this country.

UGLY!

Cheers, T

On this forum I seen very few attacks on Atheists. On the flip side, there seems to be regular attacks on Christians.

What can we conclude? Maybe it's that ignorance is not characteristic on any one ideology. Lower tier non-intellectuals exist across the board.

On this forum I seen very few attacks on Atheists. On the flip side, there seems to be regular attacks on Christians.

What can we conclude? Maybe it's that ignorance is not characteristic on any one ideology. Lower tier non-intellectuals exist across the board.

This is a political forum, Christians in the USA try to influence politics based on their faith, this can and does run afoul of the constitutional protection from such interference. Christian ideas are therefore under scrutiny.

It is also self-indulgent nonsense to call words in a forum critical of aspects of philosophy and religion an attack. Ideas are fair game, especially around here. If arguing that the 10 commandments be taken down in a courthouse is an attack on Christians then arguing that they be put up is an attack on atheists, agnostics, every other faith in the country and the constitution.

People with political influence assuming people are immoral based on NOTHING but their deviation from THEIR beliefs is a problem and one very worthy of critique. Especially when the statistics show clearly that the prison population has vastly disproportionately FEWER atheists than Christians.

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law to themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Romans 2:12-16

According to your Bible, your God is responsible for countless immoral acts.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Hmm... Blessed are the meek, not the whiney. Religious folk sure seem to enjoy a good victim complex.

Hmm... Blessed are the meek, not the whiney. Religious folk sure seem to enjoy a good victim complex.

Thanks for illustrating my point.;)

Speak of the devil.

If I was you (and thank fuck I'm not) I'd be loudly shouting something right now.

Something that begins with a P and ends with an A.

But I'm not you:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yeah - there are vigorous discussions here. But the believe held by
a quarter of the population about atheists is deeply pesonal and
insulting. Tellig someone here that he/she inherently must be
a bad or immoral person without wrong doing (rather than that
their philosophies are nonsense) would get you into trouble with the
moderators here.

Lower tier non-intellectuals exist across the board.

You can also use that sort of phrase to shrug off racism and other ugly
prejudice preceptions that someone must be a lower life form simply
because of who/what they are. It hardly makes it an accepable situation.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

General trend in these threads:

Atheist - "religious people think ....."
Religious - "non-religious people think ......"

I wonder where they all get the mind reading skills.

I wonder if they ever realize that most (religious or not) people don't care what others think or spend any time worrying about it.

Just the whiney paranoid types.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You can also use that sort of phrase to shrug off racism and other ugly prejudice preceptions that someone must be a lower life form simply because of who/what they are. It hardly makes it an accepable situation.

Nearly half the population has below average intelligence. Twenty five percent of the population has an IQ below 90. In other words - Nawt too brite.:P

It is what it is. ;)

I thought you were for toning down the level of trollery in this forum. :|

I was not trolling. I have read the Christian Bible and studied the Christian Religion. According to the Christian Bible, the Christian God created the Christian Devil. Do you disagree?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I wonder if they ever realize that most (religious or not) people don't care what others think or spend any time worrying about it.

Just the whiney paranoid types.

Can we apply this standard to all issues? Racism? Constitutional rights? Efforts to infuse Christianity into our government?

I thought you were for toning down the level of trollery in this forum. :|

I was not trolling. I have read the Christian Bible and studied the Christian Religion. According to the Christian Bible, the Christian God created the Christian Devil. Do you disagree?

Did you really think I was talking about "The Devil"?

Did you really think I was talking about "The Devil"?

Then what did he say that was trolling? The bible? God?

What have you got against people mentioning god or the bible?

Nearly half the population has below average intelligence. Twenty five percent of the population has an IQ below 90. In other words - Nawt too brite.

So the implication is, what?

That anyone critical of christianity has a below average IQ?:D

You can also use that sort of phrase to shrug off racism and other ugly prejudice preceptions that someone must be a lower life form simply because of who/what they are. It hardly makes it an accepable situation.

Nearly half the population has below average intelligence. Twenty five percent of the population has an IQ below 90. In other words - Nawt too brite.:P

It is what it is. ;)

Really?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It is what it is. ;)

Really?

What specifically are you questioning?

I wouldn't want you to come back, five pages down the line, accusing me of missing something that was obvious to everyone else.