kallend

Score one for the Constitution

So to you... War is nothing but a game of Logic.... how nice... place the blame as you will... I would prefer for there to be no war.

I never stated that war is nothing but a game of logic. The fact is there has been war, is war, and will be war (regardless if you or I prefer for there to be no war). So did Country B start a new war or resume the old war with Country A?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

>So did Country B start a new war or resume the old war with Country A?

Country B started a new war.

Humanity's history is a long and sad story of war. If we claimed that every time there was a period of peace, then someone did something bad to start fighting again, we just restarted an old war, then there has only been one war, ever. But most people don't see it that way. World War I was a different war than World War II.

Hi A

Didn't join until 1971, Your still a sweet young thing nice lady. Do you remember your lotto draft number?

The wall:( We were in DC and stopped by, on the way to the air & space museum, don't have a clue if we know anyone on the wall (mass draft in 65-66 from the hood) but we had a major breakdown from 100 ft away. :(:(:( IMO stay away

Big flash back to young kids faces that will never get old:( For nothing exept domino's

At least make it to both of us Bill ... a little even handedness after being called hypocritical would be nice... JUST for once.

There was NO hypocrisy in that post what so ever

Mr. Green uses whatever means at his disposal to avoid serving in the military and is called a coward for doing so.
Mr. Blue uses whatever means at his disposal to avoid serving in the military and is not a coward.
No hypocricy? Whatever you say.
Clinton did not serve nor did he wave a pro-war flag. But what he DID do was organize anti-war rallies against the U.S. in other countries. I suppose that is ok in your book?

Mr. Green uses whatever means at his disposal to avoid serving in the military and is called a coward for doing so.

But when he supports the war and all that goes with it.but is not willing to participate.. yes

Mr. Blue uses whatever means at his disposal to avoid serving in the military and is not a coward.

ESPECIALLY if he was attending ANTI WAR rallies and trying to keep MORE people from getting killed due to a failed policy.. nope not a coward

I guess if you say it is so.. you believe it is so.... Personlly I think Mr Green is a HUGE hypocrite... Mr Blue is demonstrating for his convictions.. no matter what the chickenhawks think

Clinton did not serve nor did he wave a pro-war flag. But what he DID do was organize anti-war rallies against the U.S. in other countries. I suppose that is ok in your book?

What part of free speech and dissenting a war do you not get???? Pesky ole constitution.. no wonder so many of the right wingers want to do away with that outdated piece of paper that SOME of us who have served swore to protect and defend

>Mr. Green uses whatever means at his disposal to avoid serving in
>the military and is called a coward for doing so.

If Mr. Green is morally opposed to war, then he _should_ refuse to participate in them. People may well call him a coward, but I would not.

If Mr. Green supports war, and encourages his country's participation in war, but refuses to risk his own life - then he is far more of a coward, and something of a hypocrite.

>Mr. Blue uses whatever means at his disposal to avoid serving in the military and is not a coward.

See above.

But when he supports the war and all that goes with it.but is not willing to participate.. yes

ESPECIALLY if he was attending ANTI WAR rallies and trying to keep MORE people from getting killed due to a failed policy.. nope not a coward

I guess if you say it is so.. you believe it is so.... Personlly I think Mr Green is a HUGE hypocrite... Mr Blue is demonstrating for his convictions.. no matter what the chickenhawks think

What part of free speech and dissenting a war do you not get???? Pesky ole constitution.. no wonder so many of the right wingers want to do away with that outdated piece of paper that SOME of us who have served swore to protect and defend

I have no problem with free speech or dissenting views and opinions.
What I do have a problem with is people who can excuse some for dodging the draft and refusing to serve in THEIR COUNTRIES ARMED FORCES but not others just because of their underlying reason for doing so. A draft dodger is a draft dodger is a draft dodger...what part don't YOU understand???
I have two cousins who fought in 'Nam even though they didn't agree with the war. Their parents had come to this country as immigrants and they felt a DUTY to serve regardless of their political convictions.
"I don't want to serve because I don't agree with the war" is just a pussy copout.

A draft dodger is a draft dodger is a draft dodger...what part don't YOU understand???

Then why have you voted for SO many of them???

And have so much hate for another....

I guess the devil is in the details..

I voted for the guy who actually served in combat and was supported by the guys on his boat who DID come back alive and told the truth.

Nice that Rove et all do such smears against people like Cleland.. and Kerry... and McCain...and Murtha.. the guys who went.. while HE HIMSELF DODGED the DRAFT as did his BOSS the DICK. And with such a stllar combat record. George himself is a shining example of your Officers Club /BX warrior.

Sounds to me like he's saying "contract funds must be spent before the end of the fiscal year in accordance with contract requirements"...but that's just me. Nothing illegal about it, as long as the funds are spent IAW contract requirements.

I'm not GS, but a contractor... so I'm responsible for my own retirement.

No wonder you sing the contractor song. The gov't is watching us so we got to walk the line. If we were dirty they would pull our contract:S

Do you actually have a point, or is this just a 'slam contractors' post?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Do the reason for starting a war make a difference in whether or not
>an individual who starts a war is a "warmonger"?

A person who pushes war as a solution to problems is a warmonger. The more often he proposes war to fix problems - and the more problems he tries to use it on - the more of a warmonger he is.

A draft dodger is a draft dodger is a draft dodger...what part don't YOU understand???

So many? How many are are you talking about?

I voted for the guy who actually served in combat

Who enlisted only after his efforts to get deferred were unsuccessful. Details indeed.

>Do the reason for starting a war make a difference in whether or not
>an individual who starts a war is a "warmonger"?

A person who pushes war as a solution to problems is a warmonger. The more often he proposes war to fix problems - and the more problems he tries to use it on - the more of a warmonger he is.

If Country A is commiting genocide in Country B and Country C declares war on Country A to stop the genocide then the leader of Country C is a "warmonger"?

And have so much hate for another....

I voted for the guy who actually served in combat and was supported by the guys on his boat who DID come back alive and told the truth that would serve them best.

Nice that Rove et all do such smears against people like Cleland.. and Kerry... and McCain...and Murtha.. the guys who went.. while HE HIMSELF DODGED the DRAFT as did his BOSS the DICK. And with such a stllar combat record. George himself is a shining example of your Officers Club /BX warrior.

Fixed it for you. ;)

BTW, have you been peeking over my shoulder while I vote? How else would you know who I did or did not vote for?
Nice that you can carry your envy of officers for so many years. The more you post the more the truth of how you feel comes out.

>Country C declares war on Country A to stop the genocide then the
>leader of Country C is a "warmonger"?

If he is the one pushing war as the only solution - yes.

Ok. So it depends on whether Country C exhausted other possible solutions before declaring war, correct? If correct then we have narrowed down a "warmonger" to someone who starts a war without exhausting other possible solutions and or profits from a war. Next question.

Does it matter if the profit is direct or indirect?

BTW, have you been peeking over my shoulder while I vote? How else would you know who I did or did not vote for?
Nice that you can carry your envy of officers for so many years. The more you post the more the truth of how you feel comes out.

Its more than apparent by what you support and who you denigrate..

point 2...
DITTO

reply]

Nice post, Amazon. It explains a lot about your more vitriolic posts.

I mean that as a compliment. :)

Nice compliment, in a back-handed kind of way.

When you have been around a while, you develop historical perspective.

What really gets to me about the modern conservative movement is the intense selfishness of the followers. It is all about them and their followers. Me, I, mine. Screw those that don't believe. They aren't part of the real america. There is only one way, the right way, their way. Dissent is unpatriotic and unamerican. We must follow our leaders unquestionly, right over the cliff like good lemmings. The best government is no government, except when it comes to private medical decisions and who you can commit your life to. They are all about states rights, unless the states do stuff they don't approve of, like Prop 215 in California, or the Oregon assisted suicide law.

The reason that colleges and universities are usually quite liberal is very simple. Liberals are the ones with altruism. Conservatives are greedy and selfish. Why waste time working in education when you can make more money in business? What good does it do to teach people about things like philosophy and art? You can't make any money out of it.

The rescumlicans took out a contract on america in 1994. The contract has been executed to perfection. They have managed to set the USA on a path to become like the UK after WWII. The UK was a world power. After WWII, that statue had gone away forever. We are well on the way to that bitter reality. And the righties cheer the decline. It is sad... so very sad that they hold party over country so firmly.

reply]

Nice post, Amazon. It explains a lot about your more vitriolic posts.

I mean that as a compliment. :)

Nice compliment, in a back-handed kind of way.Nothing backhanded intended.

When you have been around a while, you develop historical perspective.

What really gets to me about the modern conservative movement is the intense selfishness of the followers. It is all about them and their followers. Me, I, mine. Screw those that don't believe. They aren't part of the real america. There is only one way, the right way, their way. Dissent is unpatriotic and unamerican. We must follow our leaders unquestionly, right over the cliff like good lemmings. The best government is no government, except when it comes to private medical decisions and who you can commit your life to. They are all about states rights, unless the states do stuff they don't approve of, like Prop 215 in California, or the Oregon assisted suicide law.

The reason that colleges and universities are usually quite liberal is very simple. Liberals are the ones with altruism. Conservatives are greedy and selfish. Why waste time working in education when you can make more money in business? What good does it do to teach people about things like philosophy and art? You can't make any money out of it.

The rescumlicans took out a contract on america in 1994. The contract has been executed to perfection. They have managed to set the USA on a path to become like the UK after WWII. The UK was a world power. After WWII, that statue had gone away forever. We are well on the way to that bitter reality. And the righties cheer the decline. It is sad... so very sad that they hold party over country so firmly.

My, my, my... isn't this just a breath of fresh air and objective insight.

There's your backhanded compliment.;)

Liberals are the ones with altruism. Conservatives are greedy and selfish.

Yeah...maybe you should look up the amount of charitable contributions by party.

Then again, maybe you shouldn't...wouldn't want to burst that fantasy world bubble.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706