kallend

Score one for the Constitution

He asked for a list of the Presidents that served in the military, which I provided. I don't really give much of a shit if the info meets with your approval or not.

Actually, what I meant (and yes, your reading of the question was a valid one) was the current House - GWB and his Cabinet.

I think if you're going to give Bush 43 a yes on that list, it needs an asterisk next to it, both for the location and quality of his service.

He asked for a list of the Presidents that served in the military, which I provided. I don't really give much of a shit if the info meets with your approval or not.

Actually, what I meant (and yes, your reading of the question was a valid one) was the current House - GWB and his Cabinet.

I think if you're going to give Bush 43 a yes on that list, it needs an asterisk next to it, both for the location and quality of his service.

Whether his service meets your "standards" or not, he still served.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No apologies needed. You've provided no evidence of the Pres or the VP profiting from these wars.

Uh yes there are apologies needed... since critical thinking skills are completely lacking.

Face it your gods in the administration can do NO WRONG..in your eyes,,,, you cant see what you do not WANT to see... Just like the president going to rallies where ANYONE who would dissent is screened out... to it APPEARS to be a complete and total support of his war.

It's called "cognitive dissonance"--information that contradicts their worldview is discarded, incomprehensible and/or invisible i.e. does-not-compute-tilt-warning-Will-Robinson-WARNING!! :D

No apologies needed. You've provided no evidence of the Pres or the VP profiting from these wars.

Uh yes there are apologies needed... since critical thinking skills are completely lacking.

Face it your gods in the administration can do NO WRONG..in your eyes,,,, you cant see what you do not WANT to see... Just like the president going to rallies where ANYONE who would dissent is screened out... to it APPEARS to be a complete and total support of his war.

It's called "cognitive dissonance"--information that contradicts their worldview is discarded, incomprehensible and/or invisible i.e. does-not-compute-tilt-warning-Will-Robinson-WARNING!! :D

Something like this, then?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

DUDE you need to get over it.. once upon a time when I was in command of a flight.... I was responsible...

That means anything any of my guys did.. stopped at ME....

Trumanism..... THE BUCK STOPS here..

With your Incompetent in Cheif.. the Buck passes from his desk to anywhere...

The problem with command.. is you have to take responsibility.... PERIOD... can you truthfully say the Chump in Charge has done that with HIS WAR????

Unlike some, I *can* see mistakes made on both sides of the aisle and not try to lay everything that goes wrong at the feet of a particular person or party.

I also don't suffer from the delusion that a particular party or person is the author of everything that is wrong with the country.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So basically when you guys had control of ALL three branches of government.. you are basically....... not responsible...
Great Conservative Values...

You remember that its always the conservatives.. and the Republicans in particular who are always admonishing people to take responsibility for their actions.. and their lives.. or has that gone by the wayside with all the OTHER VALUES they USED to stand for:S:S:S

Just pointing out the obvious... no matter how much it chafes.. when you have to listen to the truth.. sorry about that..:ph34r:

As do I....*both* sides of the aisle were involved in the process...and both continue to be involved.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Oh Really.

Read this if you dare... and then tell me about how much the other side of the aisle had a hand in the cluster F$$#@ that has been this Republican led assault on our country.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/worst_congress_ever/page/1

PAGE 1

To be sure, Congress has always been a kind of muddy ideological cemetery, a place where good ideas go to die in a maelstrom of bureaucratic hedging and rank favor-trading. Its whole history is one long love letter to sleaze, idiocy and pigheaded, glacial conservatism. That Congress exists mainly to misspend our money and snore its way through even the direst political crises is something we Americans understand instinctively. "There is no native criminal class except Congress," Mark Twain said -- a joke that still provokes a laugh of recognition a hundred years later.

But the 109th Congress is no mild departure from the norm, no slight deviation in an already-underwhelming history. No, this is nothing less than a historic shift in how our democracy is run. The Republicans who control this Congress are revolutionaries, and they have brought their revolutionary vision for the House and Senate quite unpleasantly to fruition. In the past six years they have castrated the political minority, abdicated their oversight responsibilities mandated by the Constitution, enacted a conscious policy of massive borrowing and unrestrained spending, and installed a host of semipermanent mechanisms for transferring legislative power to commercial interests. They aimed far lower than any other Congress has ever aimed, and they nailed their target.

"The 109th Congress is so bad that it makes you wonder if democracy is a failed experiment," says Jonathan Turley, a noted constitutional scholar and the Shapiro Professor of Public Interest Law at George Washington Law School. "I think that if the Framers went to Capitol Hill today, it would shake their confidence in the system they created. Congress has become an exercise of raw power with no principles -- and in that environment corruption has flourished. The Republicans in Congress decided from the outset that their future would be inextricably tied to George Bush and his policies. It has become this sad session of members sitting down and drinking Kool-Aid delivered by Karl Rove. Congress became a mere extension of the White House."

The end result is a Congress that has hijacked the national treasury, frantically ceded power to the executive, and sold off the federal government in a private auction. It all happened before our very eyes. In case you missed it, here's how they did it -- in five easy steps:

STEP ONE
RULE BY CABAL

If you want to get a sense of how Congress has changed under GOP control, just cruise the basement hallways of storied congressional office buildings like Rayburn, Longworth and Cannon. Here, in the minority offices for the various congressional committees, you will inevitably find exactly the same character -- a Democratic staffer in rumpled khakis staring blankly off into space, nothing but a single lonely "Landscapes of Monticello" calendar on his wall, his eyes wide and full of astonished, impotent rage, like a rape victim. His skin is as white as the belly of a fish; he hasn't seen the sun in seven years.

It is no big scoop that the majority party in Congress has always found ways of giving the shaft to the minority. But there is a marked difference in the size and the length of the shaft the Republicans have given the Democrats in the past six years. There has been a systematic effort not only to deny the Democrats any kind of power-sharing role in creating or refining legislation but to humiliate them publicly, show them up, pee in their faces. Washington was once a chummy fraternity in which members of both parties golfed together, played in the same pickup basketball games, probably even shared the same mistresses. Now it is a one-party town -- and congressional business is conducted accordingly, as though the half of the country that the Democrats represent simply does not exist.

American government was not designed for one-party rule but for rule by consensus -- so this current batch of Republicans has found a way to work around that product design. They have scuttled both the spirit and the letter of congressional procedure, turning the lawmaking process into a backroom deal, with power concentrated in the hands of a few chiefs behind the scenes. This reduces the legislature to a Belarus-style rubber stamp, where the opposition is just there for show, human pieces of stagecraft -- a fact the Republicans don't even bother to conceal.

"I remember one incident very clearly -- I think it was 2001," says Winslow Wheeler, who served for twenty-two years as a Republican staffer in the Senate. "I was working for [New Mexico Republican] Pete Domenici at the time. We were in a Budget Committee hearing and the Democrats were debating what the final result would be. And my boss gets up and he says, 'Why are you saying this? You're not even going to be in the room when the decisions are made.' Just said it right out in the open."

Wheeler's very career is a symbol of a bipartisan age long passed into the history books; he is the last staffer to have served in the offices of a Republican and a Democrat at the same time, having once worked for both Kansas Republican Nancy Kassebaum and Arkansas Democrat David Pryor simultaneously. Today, those Democratic staffers trapped in the basement laugh at the idea that such a thing could ever happen again. These days, they consider themselves lucky if they manage to hold a single hearing on a bill before Rove's well-oiled legislative machine delivers it up for Bush's signature.

Awwww...poor Dems... maybe they need a {cookie}?

Rolling Stone(d)....now there's an honest, unbiased site for ya... That's about like quoting a white supremacy site on civil rights...

Like I keep saying (and showing) ... BOTH sides of the aisle are shitbags. It's just that some folks, for whatever reason, think THEIR shitbags are poor, innocent victims that had NOTHING to do with the shape the country is in....

...to which I say: Bull-FUCKING-shit!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

They may be shitbags.. BUT.. if you read the article fro end to end... which I doubt... it shows an utter lack of respect for our governmental institutions...the Rubber stamp boys in the Party of Morality and small government and fiscal responsibility have it laid right at their feet...

but I get it.. you will never take the responsibility.. just like they will not..for how the country was run roughshod upon...by the Republican Contract on America.

With as much bias and vitriol as is dripping from every paragraph of that screed... no, I'm not going to take what it says seriously... and I'm for DAMN sure not going to believe "it's all the Repubs fault" just because they say so. I've seen too many links over the years to the same sort of abuse from the other side of the aisle.

I will, however, try to find *objective* reports of what is alleged in the article...like I do with all news from a source that I don't trust to be objective.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Sure..

I am sure you can find something at Foxnews.com.. or Lush Rimjobs EIB.com

How about Michalsavage.com..

There is some fair and balanced propaganda:S:S:S:S:S

Yup...those smileys pretty much fit the bill for that tripe you listed - as I said, it's the equivalent of going to a KKK website for civil rights discussion.

You won't convince anyone but the other 'true believers' with that crap.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

the things bush got blamed for that wasn't his fault was katrina dems said everting ok but wasn't - enron given millions from clinton kept them going clinton even let the enron ceo stay at the white house - the flew vacine issue was caused by edwards and clinton - clinton spent more money going after bill gates than bin laden and turned down a couple freebies to lock that asshole up and look what happened - just to name a few things that bush had to clean up thanks to the dem pussies and their followers - as far as the war goes i'll take a war in iraq any day over one here and as long as they are fighting in iraq i'm happy - the dem's even gave the illegal imagrants social security if that does'nt suck my retirement going to people who shit on this country on a daily basis - i think a few people need to wake up and take their heads out of their asses and support our president and push to finish this shit rather than hold it up with protests and cowardice

the things bush got blamed for that wasn't his fault was katrina dems said everting ok but wasn't - enron given millions from clinton kept them going clinton even let the enron ceo stay at the white house - the flew vacine issue was caused by edwards and clinton - clinton spent more money going after bill gates than bin laden and turned down a couple freebies to lock that asshole up and look what happened - just to name a few things that bush had to clean up thanks to the dem pussies and their followers - as far as the war goes i'll take a war in iraq any day over one here and as long as they are fighting in iraq i'm happy - the dem's even gave the illegal imagrants social security if that does'nt suck my retirement going to people who shit on this country on a daily basis - i think a few people need to wake up and take their heads out of their asses and support our president and push to finish this shit rather than hold it up with protests and cowardice

Is this supposed to be taken seriously?
If not, good one!
If so, Damn! And have a nice day. I think you might have even blown the mind of every self proclaimed right winger on the website.

as far as the war goes i'll take a war in iraq any day over one here and as long as they are fighting in iraq i'm happy

More CDIF.... sheesh

As far as the war
I am sure your local recruiter would be very happy to see you.... look iinto it.. mmmmkkkk
the guys who are in and have been in the service and going there for the third or fouth time are getting a bit burnt out .. they need the help of the patriots in this country who support this war on terror that Mr Bush declared.

The guys serving this country are the true patriots... not the administration "pussies as you call them" who dont seem to support the war they created.. I dont see them going... or their children going either.