kallend

The rules

How is it possible to make a personal attack against an anonymous poster.

I guess only a moderator is alllowed to answer that question. After, getting his answer peer reviewed by other moderators of course. :|
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Anonymous Meaning and Definition
(a.) Nameless; of unknown name; also, of unknown or unavowed authorship; as, an anonymous benefactor; an anonymous pamphlet or letter.

just because you don't know somebody's name, doesn't mean you can still verbally insult them on here.

Anonymous Meaning and Definition
(a.) Nameless; of unknown name; also, of unknown or unavowed authorship; as, an anonymous benefactor; an anonymous pamphlet or letter.

just because you don't know somebody's name, doesn't mean you can still verbally insult them on here.

Some folks should know that better than others:o

"Personal attacks and hate posts will not be tolerated in any forum. Personal attacks on another user are a great way to earn some time off." This goes for any poster no matter how they fill out their profile.

I was curious as to the logic of "personal" as applied to someone who chooses to be an unperson.

With the exception of women with a legitimate fear of stalkers, I consider anonymous posters to be cowards.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>I was curious as to the logic of "personal" as applied to someone
>who chooses to be an unperson.

You don't have to agree with it. It's more a cause and effect thing. Make PA's, get warned/banned. You can create any logical underpinnings you like.

>With the exception of women with a legitimate fear of stalkers,
>I consider anonymous posters to be cowards.

That's fine; you can think whatever you want. You just can't post attacks directed towards them.

>I was curious as to the logic of "personal" as applied to someone
>who chooses to be an unperson.

You don't have to agree with it. It's more a cause and effect thing. Make PA's, get warned/banned. You can create any logical underpinnings you like.

>With the exception of women with a legitimate fear of stalkers,
>I consider anonymous posters to be cowards.

That's fine; you can think whatever you want. .

Thank you. I shall.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

> Why do the rules allow for anonymous posters?

Because there's no way we can verify the information. If we required people to fill out their forms, then we'd get people like Dick Hertz from Uganda with 9999999 jumps. (Come to think of it, we get people like that anyway.)

A sampling of Kallend's replies to me, today:

Feeling insecure? I have no idea what rushmc does. For all I know he is a climatologist. AT LEAST MARC HAS THE DECENCY TO POST HIS NAME AND NOT SNIPE ANONYMOUSLY.

Anonymous posters have no credibilty on any topic anyway.

For someone without the balls to reveal your name, your sure are obnoxious.

Followed, after a warning by Billvon, with:

I consider anonymous posters to be cowards.

I'm sure Kallend's statement wasn't directed at anyone particular. :P

Why do the rules allow for anonymous posters? Is it for people with financial ties that do not want to be identified with their beliefs? Just guessing.

Well, at the extreme end you have someone like PhillyKev who lost his job because some asshole didn't like his postings. Short of that there has been other examples of hostile behavior. So I don't see any reason to fault those who make that choice.

I take a middle ground - if you wanted to find me, you could. Many here know me personally. But you have to do more than just look me up in the phone book or the USPA database.

---
Kallend - you know full well that PAs spawn more PAs. If you choose an unnamed person to justify your lob at many named persons, they would respond in kind, and then we'd get exactly the environment that DZ attempts to avoid.

YES IT DOES! Some Dz.commers do it all the time! Of course who could blame them, they obviously have no other life! And have probably never been accussed of being mentally stable!
It just helps them to point themselves out those of us that are mentally stable! POST-ON!
You're as wonderful as a slinkie!! NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

just because you don't know somebody's name, doesn't mean you can still verbally insult them on here. Some folks should know that better than others:o

YES they SHOULD : SHOULDN'T THEY?
You're as wonderful as a slinkie!! NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.