Military spending 2006

You sir are a gentleman.[Smile]

Oh, yeah... go and blow his cover, why don't ya?? :P

Why not? My leg was blown away long ago...:):P:ph34r:
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

And what's the difference between anti personal bomblets and exploding car bombs?

Exactly. So why is it ok for Israel to use bomblets but a shocking crime for arabs to use car bombs?

Because, as Amazon alluded to, the arabs started it, and continue it. I'd venture that Israel would love to spend less money on self preservation, not require all its citizens to serve years in the armed forces.

And basic law of the jungle says that when you pick a fight, you shouldn't bitch and moan when the other person kicks your ass.

And there's the matter of who is targeted. Israelis go after military/terrorist targets. Car bombers intentionally seak out innocent civilians.

Agreed, it's not democratic enough to be able to function appropriately. It allows itself to be influenced to heavily by the more powerful nations.

allowed? It was built for the winners of WW1 - the influence is built into the design of the Security Council.

True

On the opposite end, the tyranny of the masses allows countries like China to be in the human rights committees.

And I hate the fact that they can now point fingers and make similar statements about the US

I'm with Israel when it shouts out a big Fuck You to the resolutions passed against it. You don't have to play nice with people that openly work to destroy you.

You don't think that Israel is being open about their violations? I'll understand if you don't. The media has a tendency to filter out most of it over here.

And there's the matter of who is targeted. Israelis go after military/terrorist targets. Car bombers intentionally seak out innocent civilians.

Israel intentionally targeted many civilian settlements with anti personnel bomblets in the closing stages of the recent Lebanon fun and games.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Israel intentionally targeted many civilian settlements with anti personnel bomblets in the closing stages of the recent Lebanon fun and games.

Are you talking about the settlements where enemy forces were thought to be hiding? Or were the Israelis indiscriminately targeting civilians?

Damn, I always miss the genuinely sincere, character-revealing PAs from you -- what did you say before you came to your senses?

I do not always edit for spelling as I type so when I post it I look and if there are glaring errors I edit it.. but I learned a while ago not to make attacks on you wonderful patriots in the Right Wing. I even get banned when not making it personal due to some of the mods having a differing perception of words than other people do.. you do seem to make the attacks personal.. you have made them about many things about me in the past and yet never seem to get banned.

EDITED to add.

And when I look at your stunning profile I see all I need to know about who and what you are. Kallend and I brought up a very uncomfortable truth about profiles.. guess that hit you right where you live... Hiding from the other people on Dropzone Dot Com.
Whats Wrong Karl.. Who used to jump at Longmont...are you not the same person who posts on here???

Should a civilian who is choosing to live in an illegal, land grabbing settlement be considered "innocent"? I'm by no way condoning the killing of anybody but some fairness needs to be brought into the dialog. Right now Israel is occupying land that is not theirs, actively expanding that occupation by continuing to build illegal settlements in spite of (insincere) official US requests to stop, controls all movement on roads that are not theirs, openly targets for assassination their neighboring, democratically elected leadership, and kidnaps and detains without charge or trial hundreds if not thousands of people. Like I said, I'm not condoning the Palestinian violence but I understand why they feel like they need to fight back. Their land is being stolen and Israel wants them forced on to what are basically small reservations.

. Like I said, I'm not condoning the Palestinian violence but I understand why they feel like they need to fight back. Their land is being stolen and Israel wants them forced on to what are basically small reservations.

When you continually attack a country.. and you keep losing.... guess what.. you lose territory... with such stellar performance on the battlefield SOME peoples tend to make peace with their neighbors and get on with life.

Are you talking about the settlements where enemy forces were thought to be hiding? Or were the Israelis indiscriminately targeting civilians?

After about three(?) months of being here it’s fair to say your knowledge of the world and history is at best a joke at worst so grossly naive and childish that its funny.

“The media are all left wing American haters”
“Israel never do any wrong! Arabs start all the fights”
“Iran are trying to destroy everyone just like Iraq was”

The problem with drifting into a discussion about this conflict is both sides have some nasty gargabe, so it's pretty easy to vilify the side you oppose.

That said, I tend to think the anti-Israeli extremists are the ones who continue to fan the flames of this conflict, effectively forcing the Israelis to do some pretty harsh things. In the end, the average Palestinian (or Lebanese) gets the worst of it.

. Like I said, I'm not condoning the Palestinian violence but I understand why they feel like they need to fight back. Their land is being stolen and Israel wants them forced on to what are basically small reservations.

When you continually attack a country.. and you keep losing.... guess what.. you lose territory... with such stellar performance on the battlefield SOME peoples tend to make peace with their neighbors and get on with life.

I consider daily land grabbing a continual attack and Israel should expect a response. And what you're essentially supporting is the notion that might makes right. Unfortunately the might is not only from Israel but from the US who doesn't hold Israel accountable for their actions (despite the public lip service) and then does things like rush to illegally ship 1300 cluster bombs to Israel so they can litter the country side with bomblets during the 72 hours before the cease fire with Lebanon last year.
But fair play and humananity issues aside, if we would quit doing crap like that and actually hold Israel accountable we could effectively remove one of the main reasons that terrorists want to attack us.

The problem with drifting into a discussion about this conflict is both sides have some nasty gargabe, so it's pretty easy to vilify the side you oppose.

Thank you. I agree 100% (except for the spelling).
However I oppose both sides. I think that both sides bring it on themselves and I would prefer that the US take a neutral position. It's in OUR best interest.

After about three(?) months of being here it’s fair to say your knowledge of the world and history is at best a joke at worst so grossly naive and childish that its funny.

“The media are all left wing American haters”
“Israel never do any wrong! Arabs start all the fights”
“Iran are trying to destroy everyone just like Iraq was”

Hey Billvon - does this qualify as a PA?

But fair play and humananity issues aside, if we would quit doing crap like that and actually hold Israel accountable we could effectively remove one of the main reasons that terrorists want to attack us.

So.. go join the Palistinians.. and fight the Jews if you feel so strongly that they are so good and in the right.. fair is fair.

Perhaps some reading about WWII and who the Arabs supported...Perhaps some reading about the land of Palistine before 1948.... perhaps some reading about the arabs in Egypt and Syria and Jordan when the UN formed a small country based on where the Jews were in the majority.
The Arabs attacked... and lost... in 1948. The attacked again in 1956... and lost more. They were preparing a massive attack in 1967 and the Isralis got in the first blow. Perhaps if they would have made peace at that time todays world would be a different one.
BUT in 1973 the arabs attacked once again.. this time they almost got their fondest dream of destroying Israel.. at least for the first few days.... but the Israelis fought back and drove them out.
Finally Egypt and Jordan decided enough was enough amd made peace. Has Israel ever attacked them since then???

I think there is a lesson to be learned there. but Syria and the other arabs in the region are not to bright when they prefer endless war to making peace with their neighbor.

And honestly the right wing and the religious right do not want peace in that region.... they NEED for everyone to meet at Megiddo so their fucked up prophecy comes to be... trouble is its a self fullfilling prophecy that brings death and destruction on the world because THEY believe they will not be here for it.

Are you talking about the settlements where enemy forces were thought to be hiding?

Nope, normal civilian villages. The Israeli's simply didn't want any Lebanese civilians to live near the border, solution, cluster bombs. And if a few thousand men women and children happen to get killed and maimed when they return to find their villages a riddled with mines then hey, who's going to cry over a little spilt milk.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So.. go join the Palistinians.. and fight the Jews if you feel so strongly that they are so good and in the right.. fair is fair.

You're obviously letting your emotion do the typing so I'll ignore this part

Perhaps some reading about WWII and who the Arabs supported...Perhaps some reading about the land of Palistine before 1948.... perhaps some reading about the arabs in Egypt and Syria and Jordan when the UN formed a small country based on where the Jews were in the majority.
The Arabs attacked... and lost... in 1948. The attacked again in 1956... and lost more. They were preparing a massive attack in 1967 and the Isralis got in the first blow. Perhaps if they would have made peace at that time todays world would be a different one.
BUT in 1973 the arabs attacked once again.. this time they almost got their fondest dream of destroying Israel.. at least for the first few days.... but the Israelis fought back and drove them out.
Finally Egypt and Jordan decided enough was enough amd made peace. Has Israel ever attacked them since then???

Yep, that's half of the argument. And I know this because I HAVE done some reading

I think there is a lesson to be learned there. but Syria and the other arabs in the region are not to bright when they prefer endless war to making peace with their neighbor.

And honestly the right wing and the religious right do not want peace in that region.... they NEED for everyone to meet at Megiddo so their fucked up prophecy comes to be... trouble is its a self fullfilling prophecy that brings death and destruction on the world because THEY believe they will not be here for it.

Now we're teetering on making some headway in this discussion. Who else may not want peace in the region for similar reasons?

.. but I learned a while ago not to make attacks on you wonderful patriots in the Right Wing.

I must admit that having huge Right-Winger Billvon on "our" side is a good thing. :S;) On the other hand, maybe people around here generally get treated fairly regardless of political persuasion. Just a guess.

I even get banned when not making it personal due to some of the mods having a differing perception of words than other people do..

I don't know when or why you get banned, but I know that there are Real People here with Real Feelings, and I do believe you fail to understand that sometimes. I could post reams of your past rubbish that you'd never, EVER say to anyone's face -- which flies in the face of something you wrote yesterday about the "Right-Wingers" doing that, Ms. Kettle. The "too bad what happened to you" comment last year was especially hurtful, Ms. Kettle.

you do seem to make the attacks personal.. you have made them about many things about me in the past and yet never seem to get banned.

Maybe it's because my Right-Winger buddy Billvon cuts me a lot of slack. Or maybe, it's because most of my "PAs" are generally in self defense mode, usually following one of your frothing and highly personal diatribes against the "rePUBEicans".

And when I look at your stunning profile I see all I need to know about who and what you are. Kallend and I brought up a very uncomfortable truth about profiles.. guess that hit you right where you live... Hiding from the other people on Dropzone Dot Com.

Who's Kallend? Are you referring to Aloysius Fernackerpan?

I do believe it's a very wise decision NOT to post your real info in any open Internet forum. There are too many low-rent fuckheads out there who'll abuse your information in ways too numerous to mention. PhillyKev incedent, anyone? Shoot, even some of the Mods here keep their last name out of the profile. Again wise choice, IMO.

Whats Wrong Karl.. Who used to jump at Longmont...are you not the same person who posts on here???

Heck, even when you DO withhold information, there are still people out there who'll disrespect one's wishes and post your info anyway!

Imagine what they'd do with even more info. :|

. . =(_8^(1)

I don't know when or why you get banned, but I know that there are Real People here with Real Feelings, and I do believe you fail to understand that sometimes. I could post reams of your past rubbish that you'd never, EVER say to anyone's face -- which flies in the face of something you wrote yesterday about the "Right-Wingers" doing that, Ms. Kettle. The "too bad what happened to you" comment last year was especially hurtful, Ms. Kettle.

In your case I would be HAPPY to repeat ANYTHING I said here to your face.
With all the VERY personal attack you have made it is VERY deserving.

Edited just for you again.... MR skydyvr
Personal Information
Real Name: Peter Gozinya ( Nope.. but you go ahead and do with it what you will)
Nick Name: skydyvr
Interests: Making the most of my brief moment in time

And if you continually snipe and make mean and hurtfull and snied comments to me.. do not expect me to say Why.. thank you... that is not my thing.. I fail miserably at turning the other cheek thing... but you can do all that you want and try and get self righteous.. if that is your gig..

I post what I post as a counter to all the crap I have had to read about DIMS....and unpatriotic for not supporting your nice little war of agression...yadd yadda yadda... you call it what you will but a lot of your fellow travelleres have stopped trying to shove their crap down the rest of our collective throats now that its not going so well for their little agenda.

I post what I post as a counter to all the crap I have had to read about DIMS....and unpatriotic for not supporting your nice little war of agression...yadd yadda yadda..

Other than frequently noting the silliness and occasional incoherency of your past arguments and pointing out your excessive misuse of "dots", I can't think of too many "PAs" you've heard out of me.

I've never:

- questioned your sexuality
- threatened you with physical violence
- made comments about your physical appearance
- posted personal info about you in any way

Go take a look in the mirror lady.

. . =(_8^(1)

Oh really...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2845732#2845732

I remember a few other instances too. so much for all that supposed integrity

I am done with this.. I think I will load something other than IE so I can put up a kill file.. I am tired of reading all that love and lightness the right heaps on others who do not follow the CHICKENHAWK mantra.