kallend

Military spending 2006

> Don't give them money I agree with. If they try to kill us they die!

That's fine. We have to go the extra step, though - if they DON'T try to kill us we DON'T kill them, or invade them, or change their government, or support terrorists trying to kill them.

...or steal their resources. That one pisses them off too.

Um, yeah... find me some pics of those military supertankers carrying that Iraqi oil to our refineries, will ya?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Uh you may want to check the VERY Large platform off the Shatt al-Arab waterway... there is a HUGE NAVY presense there keeping the platform safe for Iraqui oil exports....you know.. the ones that were going to pay for this Excellent Adventure of George and Dick and his buddies.

For some reason none of them who do have a semblance of a profile have ever been around any of THEIR supposed dropzones when I have travelled around the country.

Perhaps they saw you first.

I was always curious to see if they had such a loud abrasive mouth in person...or if they are just Keyboard warriors to match their chickenhawk status in life.

Interesting -- it's you who has previously threatened violence upon them at the nearest opportunity. OTOH, I've never noticed any of them threaten you.

. . =(_8^(1)

Uh you may want to check the VERY Large platform off the Shatt al-Arab waterway... there is a HUGE NAVY presense there keeping the platform safe for Iraqui oil exports....you know.. the ones that were going to pay for this Excellent Adventure of George and Dick and his buddies.

Should be pretty easy to find those military supertankers that are stealing their oil then, shouldn't it?

Of course, that's assuming that it's actually happening... :S

Still waiting for those reductions in gas prices from all that oil we're supposedly stealing, too...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

> Don't give them money I agree with. If they try to kill us they die!

That's fine. We have to go the extra step, though - if they DON'T try to kill us we DON'T kill them, or invade them, or change their government, or support terrorists trying to kill them.

...or steal their resources. That one pisses them off too.

Um, yeah... find me some pics of those military supertankers carrying that Iraqi oil to our refineries, will ya?

Who says that our military is supposed to be carrying away the oil? Hell, military supplies aren't necessarily carried by the military. We hire contractors to do that sort of stuff and we pay them five times the amount to drive the truck than we give to the enlisted guy doing the same job. But that's another thread.
A war for oil does not mean that the US electorate will benefit. It means that those who paid to put our elected officials into office reap the rewards.
But I'm not talking just about oil, I'm also referring to diamonds, fish, etc.

Perhaps they saw you first.

Nice personal attack...and yes I would love to meet you in person some time. I have a beer reserved for you

Personally I live by the idea that if I would not say something to someones face... then I will not say it on the interent.. you and others here seem to like to insult people.... I just want to see if you would do it to my face.

Interesting -- it's you who has previously threatened violence upon them at the nearest opportunity. OTOH, I've never noticed any of them threaten you.

I would LOVE to see ANY proof of that instead of your continued... baseless accusations...and personal attacks over several years.

Speaking of ignored distinctions. Which country, Iran or Israel, is in violation of more UN resolutions than any other country in the world, has weapons of mass destruction and is continuing to steal land from its neighbors on a daily basis?

I'll give a hint. It's not the one that advocating wiping the other one off the earth. Proving in yet another way that the UN is a sham.

Agreed, it's not democratic enough to be able to function appropriately. It allows itself to be influenced to heavily by the more powerful nations.

allowed? It was built for the winners of WW1 - the influence is built into the design of the Security Council.

On the opposite end, the tyranny of the masses allows countries like China to be in the human rights committees.

I'm with Israel when it shouts out a big Fuck You to the resolutions passed against it. You don't have to play nice with people that openly work to destroy you.

>I'm with Israel when it shouts out a big Fuck You to the resolutions
>passed against it. You don't have to play nice with people that openly work
>to destroy you.

Unfortunately the Iraqis have learned the same lesson. (We kill a lot more civilians in Iraq than the UN kills in Israel.)

>I'm with Israel when it shouts out a big Fuck You to the resolutions
>passed against it. You don't have to play nice with people that openly work
>to destroy you.

Unfortunately the Iraqis have learned the same lesson. (We kill a lot more civilians in Iraq than the UN kills in Israel.)

I don't think you can use the descriptor Iraqis - it has people who like Saddam, people who like OBL, and people who don't want an occupying force. Only the last group would be appropriate in the context.

And even then it falls short. The US never had a stated goal of destroying all of Iraq. The countries of the Middle East, otoh, do for Israel, and it was most recently reiterated by the president of Iran, the other country being suggested as morally superior to Israel.

>I don't think you can use the descriptor Iraqis . . .

Why? You used the descriptor "the UN" even though it contains Israel's allies (and even Israel itself.)

>And even then it falls short. The US never had a stated goal of destroying all of Iraq.

The UN has never had a stated goal of destroying all of Israel.

Should be pretty easy to find those military supertankers that are stealing their oil then, shouldn't it?

Of course, that's assuming that it's actually happening... :S

Still waiting for those reductions in gas prices from all that oil we're supposedly stealing, too...

Surely you aren't so naive as to think the average person would benefit. Take a look at oil company profits.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm with Israel when it shouts out a big Fuck You to the resolutions passed against it. You don't have to play nice with people that openly work to destroy you.

And who are you with when Israel carpets a neighbouring nation with anti personell cluster bomblets and then uses the diversion to destroy the independent government infrastructure of the West Bank?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>I don't think you can use the descriptor Iraqis . . .

Why? You used the descriptor "the UN" even though it contains Israel's allies (and even Israel itself.)

>And even then it falls short. The US never had a stated goal of destroying all of Iraq.

The UN has never had a stated goal of destroying all of Israel.

And where did I say it did? I know you're experimenting with a new vapid debate technique, but it's pretty stupid to misquote when you're posting immediately after the source.

The US never had a stated goal of destroying all of Iraq. The countries of the Middle East, otoh, do for Israel, and it was most recently reiterated by the president of Iran, the other country being suggested as morally superior to Israel.

And who are you with when Israel carpets a neighbouring nation with anti personell cluster bomblets and then uses the diversion to destroy the independent government infrastructure of the West Bank?

So long as those surrounding them continue to war, and refuse to acknowledge the Israeli people's right to exist, I'm with my allies. And what's the difference between anti personal bomblets and exploding car bombs?

If they choose to nuke Iran, I'm going to fault their game theory, but not their morality.

>And where did I say it did?

You were bitching about my comparison of the UN/Israel vs the US/Iraqi relationship by saying: "And even then it falls short. The US never had a stated goal of destroying all of Iraq." Since the UN did not have a stated goal of destroying Israel either, your comment is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

2. Anonymous posters have no credibilty on any topic anyway.

I guess the NEO-CONS dont like us knowing who they are..

For some reason none of them who do have a semblance of a profile have ever been around any of THEIR supposed dropzones when I have travelled around the country.
I was always curious to see if they had such a loud abrasive mouth in person...or if they are just Keyboard warriors to match their chickenhawk status in life.

It's so cool that I met you in person. You're much nicer in person... :P:):o:D

*runs away*
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

And what's the difference between anti personal bomblets and exploding car bombs?

Exactly. So why is it ok for Israel to use bomblets but a shocking crime for arabs to use car bombs?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It's so cool that I met you in person. You're much nicer in person...

*runs away*

Bet I can catch ya now.... since I am so old and decrepit:D

Dahrlin you have never been anonymous.. and your posts are respectfull.

You sir are a gentleman.:)

Exactly. So why is it ok for Israel to use bomblets but a shocking crime for arabs to use car bombs?

So.. tell me.. if a miracle happened tomorrow and the A Rabs decided to agree to the fact that Israel exists and quit attacking Israel...... do you think the Israelis would attack any of them any more????

On the flip side... if the Israelis stopped any attacks whatsoever.. would the A Rabs surrounding them stop making attacks????

And what's the difference between anti personal bomblets and exploding car bombs?

Because, as Amazon alluded to, the arabs started it, and continue it. I'd venture that Israel would love to spend less money on self preservation, not require all its citizens to serve years in the armed forces.

And basic law of the jungle says that when you pick a fight, you shouldn't bitch and moan when the other person kicks your ass.

>And where did I say it did?

You were bitching about my comparison of the UN/Israel vs the US/Iraqi relationship by saying: "And even then it falls short. The US never had a stated goal of destroying all of Iraq." Since the UN did not have a stated goal of destroying Israel either, your comment is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

That's a weak defense for a deliberate misquote.

Besides, the dicotomy was Iran/Israel. Sorry you misread it.