mnealtx

Can we PLEASE...

....figure out SOME sort of test to become a parent???

Mother Who Hit Boyfriend With Baby Asks to Change Plea

Saturday, June 09, 2007

ERIE, Pennsylvania — A mother who admitted swinging her 4-week-old son like a bat to hit her boyfriend, fracturing the infant's skull, wants to withdrew her guilty plea.

Story here.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

WTF is wrong with people?!?!?>:( As far as I am concerned, there should be a DNR (Do Not Reproduce) list out there and you should have to take some sort of test or prove you are qualified some how in order to get your name off of it!!!

"A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~

Saturday, June 09, 2007

ERIE, Pennsylvania — A mother who admitted swinging her 4-week-old son like a bat to hit her boyfriend, fracturing the infant's skull, wants to withdrew her guilty plea.

Story here.
Didn't read the article but I've seen it all (MOST ANYWAY) in 50 yrs. on this planet. You have to figure out a way to stop CHILDREN from having CHILDREN.[:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Much as I hate the gov't meddling in personal business, I can't find a lot of fault with putting oral contraceptives in the drinking water, and providing the antidote only to people who can show they are sane and have financial resources to support a child.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Much as I hate the gov't meddling in personal business, I can't find a lot of fault with putting oral contraceptives in the drinking water, and providing the antidote only to people who can show they are sane and have financial resources to support a child.

I've spent some fond moments contemplating that scenario, myself.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've spent some fond moments contemplating that scenario, myself.

"What is your plan to minimize the carbon footprint of your child?"

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Story here.

that's disgusting >:(

How on earth anybody could use a baby as a baseball bat is beyond me !!!! a snooker cue yes, but not a baseball bat :|

I wonder how long that kind of crap has been going on in their family tree. WAG: mom had to learn that behavoir from somewhere.

If the little one makes it whats going to happen to his kids:(

The child involved has since recovered, and has joined this woman's other four children in the custody of the woman's mother.

What she did was just plain wrong but Eugenics is a very slipper slope - be careful what you ask for...

It certainly is a slippery slope, but on the other hand, people such as this having five children by the time they are 27 is a sheer cliff with jagged rocks at the bottom. Pick your poison.

I used to date an OB-GYN Resident. Almost weekly, she'd tell me about another unwed teenager coming in with her 2nd or 3rd pregnancy. The doctors would always offer the option of tubal ligation (tied tubes) as a way to avoid future pregancies. Most of these girls would agree for the publicly funded procedure, but few ever showed up for it.

Several of the Chief Residents used to joke that they'd all show up if the hospital would sweeten the deal with a free boombox. :o

>

What she did was just plain wrong >:( but Eugenics is a very slipper slope - be careful what you ask for...

Please explain how that would be eugenics? It's no different than going to a local clinic and getting on birth control, but better, in the sense that you would go and get the antidote IF you wanted to have children...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hmm... civil liberties precedent? Possibly - I haven't looked at that consideration, since it would never come to pass anyway. Currently, fertility is the default and birth control the option. You could probably get the Greens behind reversing it, with all their talk about how there's too many people...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Eugenics would be changes (improvements?) to the gene pool by artifical means (selecting who can and who can not give birth). The post above contemplated doping the communal water supply with birth control drug (so no one would typically have a choice about taking the drug) and then selectively providing an antidote to pre-selected people (based upon, inteligence, social class etc) - That sounds like Eugenics to me.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Eugenics would be changes (improvements?) to the gene pool by artifical means (selecting who can and who can not give birth). The post above contemplated doping the communal water supply with birth control drug (so no one would typically have a choice about taking the drug) and then selectively providing an antidote to pre-selected people (based upon, inteligence, social class etc) - That sounds like Eugenics to me.

Please show where I advocated "selectively providing" the antidote...other than my sarcastic remark that there should be some sort of test to be a parent.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Please show where I advocated "selectively providing" the antidote...other than my sarcastic remark that there should be some sort of test to be a parent.

It's kind of the default setting:

"You?
Yer too fuckin' stooopid to breed.
Get out and stay out!
>:(

This also opens a pandoras box for social engineering - "We're sorry. We don't like the way your children behave. Your right to procreate has been suspended. Have a nice day":)

Parenting is much too important a job to leave up to parents.

Well, it for DAMN sure doesn't take a village!!

A few chilling quotes:

"Every child in America entering school at the age of five is insane because
he comes to school with certain allegiances toward our Founding Fathers,
toward his parents, toward our elected officials, toward a belief in a
supernatural being, and toward the sovereignty of this nation as a separate
entity. It's up to you, teachers, to make all these sick children well by
creating the international child of the future." Chester M. Pierce,
Professor, Department of Educational Psychiatry, Harvard University.

"Every child who believes in God is mentally ill." Dr. Paul Brandwein:
Leading U.S. child psychologist.
"Fundamental, Bible -believing people do not have the right to indoctrinate
their children in their religious beliefs because we, the state, are
preparing them for the year 2000, when America will be part of a one-word
global society and their children will not fit in. The reason we have to
regulate... church schools is that...children that are not trained in
state-controlled schools will not fit in." Paul Hoagland" U.S.
Representative (D, Nebraska).

"We really don't know how to raise children. If we want to talk about the
equality of opportunity for children, then the fact that children are raised
in families means there's no equality, we must take them away from families
and communally raise them." Dr. Mary Jo Bane: former Clinton Administration
assistant secretary of administration for children and families in the US
Department of Health and Human Services.

"Each child belongs to the state." William Seawell: Professor of
Education, University of Virginia.

Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I just had the thought that if the government could become powerful enough to stop people from using their reproductive apparatus (rather than simply punishing people if they do, ala China), maybe they could stop people using their brains as well. Government permission to think, perhaps? It's all deliciously Orwellian.

I've been lobbying for this for years.:D (Kidding)

Unfortunately, here you will find many will defend and/or sympathize with anyone regardless of anyone's obvious stupidity.[:/]
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.