kallend

63 years ago today

OMG yes, you're absolutely RIGHT!!! ONE share in a company that worked with a Nazi supporter that renounced Hitler and fled Germany in 1939... 3 years BEFORE Pearl Harbor and Germany's declaration of war.

Joe Kennedy was a supporter of the Nazis as well as the IRA.

Al Gore Sr. voted AGAINST the Civil Rights Act.

I guess that makes Clinton a communist, based on campaign contributions and missile technology deals, then...

Do some research on the UBC, the Holland-American Trading Company, Merchants of Death, The Hamburg American Line. True he had but one share on paper but he made 1.5 million from that one share. Hmmmm, something is smelling like shit.

A quik run down on Prescott Bush:
Harriman Bank was the main Wall Street connection for German companies and the varied U.S. financial interests of Fritz Thyssen, who had been an early financial backer of the Nazi party until 1938, but who by 1939 had fled Germany and was bitterly denouncing Hitler. Dealing with Nazi Germany wasn't illegal until Hitler declared war on the US, but, six days after Pearl Harbor, President Roosevelt signed the Trading With the Enemy Act. By then, many companies that had been doing business with Hitler's war machine had stopped, though not Prescott Bush and the Union Banking Corporation. Toby Rogers, a controversial antagonist, writes "Prescott Bush continued with business as usual, aiding the Nazi invasion of Europe and supplying resources for weaponry that would eventually be turned on American solders in combat against Germany." On October 20, 1942, the U.S. government ordered the seizure of Nazi German banking operations in New York City.
Prescott Bush's business interests seized under the Act in October and November 1942 included:

Union Banking Corporation (UBC) (for Thyssen and Brown Brothers-Harriman)
Holland-American Trading Corporation (with Harriman)
the Seamless Steel Equipment Corporation (with Harriman)
Silesian-American Corporation (with Walker)

Your knowledge of history is sorely lacking.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Also, there should be mention of who armed the Nazi war machine and made a fortune doing so. Prescott Bush. Yup, the Bush fortune came from the blood of the millions killed due to their cozy relationship with Hitler. Damn, those Bush's are so freaking dirty with blood money it is not at all funny. And the tradition continues today.

Americans had a lot invested in both sides in WWI - it wasn't a given that the US would enter on the side of the Brits and French.

As for the 30s, American business wasn't going to be picky - they were in a global depression.

After what the Germans did during WW11, the conquering allied forces should have wiped Germany off the face of the earth

We pretty much did.. I was amazed at how NEW most of Germany was....Urban renewal on a grand scale....compliments of Bomber Command and the Either Air Force.... I think the Russkies got in on the act too.

Your knowledge of history is sorely lacking

I've read the same wiki page you quote... but of course, I'm the one that needs history lessons because I'm not asserting Grampa Prescott was a Nazi?

I also noted how you DIDN'T have anything to say about the other people listed in my post... selective blindness, perhaps?

Amazon has stated here in the forum that she has relatives that were involved in the KKK... by your logic, you should be calling her a racist.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Amazon has stated here in the forum that she has relatives that were ARE involved in the KKK... by your logic, you should be calling her a racist.

And they are staunch rePUBICans... used to be Dems till Johnson stabbed them in the back by giving THOSE people a place at the table.

Personally I avoid that part of the family like the plague they are...as well as most of the dumb as dirt and proud of it crowd. They seen to beleive America owes them something for being white trash.

Amazon has stated here in the forum that she has relatives that were involved in the KKK... by your logic, you should be calling her a racist.

And they are staunch rePUBICans... used to be Dems till Johnson stabbed them in the back by giving THOSE people a place at the table.

Personally I avoid that part of the family like the plague they are...as well as most of the dumb as dirt and proud of it crowd. They seen to beleive America owes them something for being white trash.

But that doesn't make YOU a racist, does it?

For people that are supposed to be so disinterested in theology, the Libs sure have an obsession with 'tainted blood'.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

For people that are supposed to be so disinterested in theology, the Libs sure have an obsession with 'tainted blood'.

Gee for people that are supposed to be so interested in theology, the right wing rePUBICans sure have an obsession with 'pure blood'.

Your knowledge of history is sorely lacking

I've read the same wiki page you quote... but of course, I'm the one that needs history lessons because I'm not asserting Grampa Prescott was a Nazi?

I also noted how you DIDN'T have anything to say about the other people listed in my post... selective blindness, perhaps?

I didn't quote from wiki. I linked from http://ecosyn.us/Bush-Hitler/Bush_Eugenics.html. But, of course, you will balk as it seems to be of your nature to do so when your narrow view is threatened by truth. The same quote may very well be on the wiki site. I tend not to use wiki.
Also, I never asserted that PB was a Nazi, only that he had a big hand in providing support. Do some research.
Neil Young

Gee for people that are supposed to be so interested in theology, the right wing rePUBICans sure have an obsession with 'pure blood'.

Hmm... what party was it that was calling Condoleeza Rice "Aunt Jemima" and "Brown Sugar"... and Michael Steele an "Oreo" and "Uncle Tom", again?

Oh, yes.. the Dems... the "you poor brown peoples can't make it without us whites to give you a hand up" party.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Repubs, Dems... really, are not one the same as the other, only with a different name?

Pretty damned close, yup.... like I keep trying to point out - there's not a spit's worth of difference between the two parties.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Also, I never asserted that PB was a Nazi, only that he had a big hand in providing support

But he did profit nicely from that support.... just like his Grandsons and their friends are profiting nicely from this completely unnecessary war in Iraq.

Too Bad Georgie Senior.. stayed the course with Barbara. The World would be a beter place without his evil spawn in yup yup everyman clothing.

Yet you are privy to their alleged weekly cross burnings. Hmm

Nope not really.. but I live all the way on the other side of the country for a reason.

As I explained before... my grandfather was appalled that Cousin Watson and Cousin May.. would take us to one. That branch of the family is still quite open about their feelings and they still try to get other members of the family to come along the the festivities.

But... they have the right to do as they like...and not much has changed in that part of the state. [:/]

Some people just have a different set of morality for what is right for children.. my sence of morality does not allow for attendence...your mileage may vary

But go ahead and bash away as you like to do... I choose not to associate with people I find repugnant.

Equally true for Joe Kennedy in some eyes...

Joe Kennedy was a disgrace.

You are right he was a disgrace. Made his fortune in illegal trade, bootlegging. Hobnobbed with gangster. He was anti-semitic and had pro-nazi views. He made money trading in Czech securities while ambassador and also did trade with top secret information. The guy was nothing more than a crimminal and cared about nothing but power.
Neil Young

which Kennedy drove his car wjilst drunk into a river and killed his female passenger... and then got away with it scot free because of his surname?

was that bobby? joe? or another one of the unoficial USA royal family?

which Kennedy drove his car wjilst drunk into a river and killed his female passenger... and then got away with it scot free because of his surname?

was that bobby? joe? or another one of the unoficial USA royal family?

That would be the self-serving drunk Teddy.
Neil Young

the Lusitania was sunk prior to US involvement in the FIRST World War. It had nothing to do with the Second!

Remember the Maine, the Lusitania, Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin, 9/11, WMD's... McKinley, Wilson, Roosevelt, Johnson, Bush... They're all lies, and they're all liars, who started wars based upon lies. They lied, soldiers died. They should have all been hung as war criminals, like that Nazi von Ribbentrop!

Secondly... well, here's a list of shipping lost by the US to German U-Boats BEFORE Pearl Harbor and the subsequent German Declaration of War...

I suppose one could make a similar list of Muslim terrorist acts against U.S. property, embassies and interests. Oh, wait, I forgot - those don't count... Bush is a war criminal!

Remember the Maine, the Lusitania, Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin, 9/11, WMD's... McKinley, Wilson, Roosevelt, Johnson, Bush... They're all lies,

This is a strange grouping, even for your sarcastic intent.

There's little doubt that the Tonkin incident was a farce.
There's a lot of doubt about the Maine hitting a mine.
There's no doubt who did 9/11, and little doubt that the conspiracy whackos are whackos.
The Lusitania definitely carried ammunition.
Last, Pearl Harbor - there's some reason to think they knew an attack was coming, but wanted it to enter the war. But they probably expected a Gulf of Tonkin type attack.

>Remember the Maine, the Lusitania, Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin, 9/11, WMD's...

Now that's ironic.

"Remember the Maine" was a famous piece of misinformation. There was no link ever discovered between the destruction of the Maine and the Spanish; indeed, spontaneous combustion of coal stored adjacent to the forward magazine was listed as the most likely cause of the disaster. Yet the destruction of the Maine was blamed on the Spanish without reservation. The media led with other sensationalist headlines such as "Spanish Cannibalism", "Inhuman Torture", "Amazon Warriors Fight For Rebels." The result was the Spanish-American war, a war the Navy dearly wanted. That resulted in 5000 american troops dead.

The Gulf of Tonkin incident was recently (2005) determined by the NSA to be largely a fabrication by US spinmeisters to justify the Vietnam war; a lie that succeeded spectacularly. 50,000 US troops paid the price.

We all know about the lies connecting Iraq to 9/11; all have turned out to be untrue.

The "Iraq WMD" lie misinformation has so far claimed the lives of 3500 US soldiers. I hope it ends there, but I fear US soldiers will be dying in Iraq for a long, long time to come.

So if your purpose was to point out the connection between misinformation and dead US troops, good examples. I have a feeling that was not your intent though.

I suppose one could make a similar list of Muslim terrorist acts against U.S. property, embassies and interests. Oh, wait, I forgot - those don't count... Bush is a war criminal!

When did "Muslim" become a country? How exactly do any of those attacks relate to the invasion of Iraq?