Nightingale

Finally got my new gun!

After a two-week waiting period, and another week waiting to get a utility bill at my new address so I could "prove my residency" in CA, I finally got to pick up my new Ruger 22/45 mark III on friday.

I hate California gun laws. How in the hell does requiring a utility bill possibly make it "safer" to sell me a gun? They'd already seen my drivers' license and my passport.

How in the hell does requiring a utility bill possibly make it "safer" to sell me a gun? They'd already seen my drivers' license and my passport.

They just want to ensure you really are a CA resident, and not an AZ citizen sneaking into CA to take advantage of their lax gun laws.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

hate California gun laws. How in the hell does requiring a utility bill possibly make it "safer" to sell me a gun? They'd already seen my drivers' license and my passport

Uh because the DL and Passport fakes are out there by the millions...But faking a utility bill...no way....shows you what is REALLY important these days.

I still think hand guns should not be available!

However I did have the opportunity to shoot a Glock the other day so I though I would see what all the fuss is about.

what a fucking pea shooter! here's me bracing myself and it feels like a cork gun!

If i owned a gun it would be a 303 or something for hunting. you might as well have a decent barrel so you could actually hit something without having to be 2 meters away from it!

what are you going to use you gun for?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

After a two-week waiting period, and another week waiting to get a utility bill at my new address so I could "prove my residency" in CA, I finally got to pick up my new Ruger 22/45 mark III on friday.

I hate California gun laws. How in the hell does requiring a utility bill possibly make it "safer" to sell me a gun? They'd already seen my drivers' license and my passport.

So uh, when i move to CA and am living with my GF at her house, all the utlity bills are in her name??
so even if i have a Calif drivers license, no passport,, i wonder what im to do when i go buy a gun?? weird calif laws...I'll have to check with a calif local gun shop and see whats needed..

Don't people ever get bored firing at targets?

Or am I just weird?:S

I was bored after about my third paper target. *YAWN*

But shooting THINGS can be fun. Coconuts, watermelons, milkjugs full of water, propane canisters, cans of tomato sauce, etc, etc, etc.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I was bored after about my third paper target. *YAWN*

But shooting THINGS can be fun. Coconuts, watermelons, milkjugs full of water, propane canisters, cans of tomato sauce, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, that's true enough. It just struck me as odd to purchase a handgun specifically for target practise. Why not just buy an air pistol? If it's not for personal defense why bother?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Most fun thing I ever shot:

- Take empty, one-gallon paint can.
- Fill to brim with water.
- Put on lid and use hammer around edge to tap lid down tight as possible.
- Hide behind boulder 30 feet away and shoot it with a 30-06.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Why not just buy an air pistol? If it's not for personal defense why bother?

An air pistol with a decent trigger probably isn't going to be cheap either. Why not get a 22. They're more fun to shoot than an air gun.

If you get tired of shooting targets you can always hunt small game with 22 pistol. I've shot a lot of grouse, rabbits, and gophers with a 22 pistol. I usually carried one when I ran a trap line for dispatching bigger critters.

A 22 may be small and admittedly there are better self defense weapons, but you could use even a 22 for self defense. It's big enough, if the bullets are placed in the right place. I once shot a deer between the eyes at about 30 ft with a 22 rifle. It dropped like a ton of bricks, and was stone dead when I walked up on it. I know people who shoot steers that weigh hundreds of lbs.with a 22, (when it's time to butcher). So maybe even a lowly 22 could be used for self defense. So, if you get tired of shooting targets there are other uses for a 22....Steve1

That was how I got shot the first time. Kid at school was firing 22s at the wall of the school building and one went off about five feet from me. Had to have the bullet dug out of my calf muscle.

..............and? :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

, I finally got to pick up my new Ruger 22/45 mark III on friday.

That's one of my favorite handguns. Every time I go to the range, I shoot 30-40 rounds of .22 out of mine at first, just to warm up. I have the 4 inch barrel with open sights but want to get another one and mount a red dot scope on it. :)
We buy .22 ammo in bulk on sale, less than 2 cents a round. With prices like that, why shoot an air pistol? B|

Not anymore than people get tired of rolling a big, black ball at a bunch of white pins or whacking a small white ball, with a stick, toward a hole in the ground.

Most sports are about accuracy, to one degree or another.

A lot of whuffos think jumping out of a plane over and over would get boring eventually, but I'm sure some people here would disagree.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I still think hand guns should not be available!

However I did have the opportunity to shoot a Glock the other day so I though I would see what all the fuss is about.

what a fucking pea shooter! here's me bracing myself and it feels like a cork gun!

If i owned a gun it would be a 303 or something for hunting. you might as well have a decent barrel so you could actually hit something without having to be 2 meters away from it!

what are you going to use you gun for?

I agree, I guess but I kinda like the direction it looks like we are headed here in Ontario (Canada), an outright ban on handguns - this from the CBC news website.......rm

Politicians urge greater gun control

"We have seen too many shootings result in too many funerals for our young people," Premier Dalton McGuinty wrote in an open letter to federal party leaders, urging them to push through proposed criminal justice legislation and implement a "real ban" on handguns.

The value of allowing handgun collections should be reconsidered, said Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant.

Toronto Mayor David Miller called for an outright ban and recommended that handgun regulation should become an international issue.

"We know that there [are] two sources of guns used in Toronto: One is guns that are stolen from collectors, and the other is guns that come from the U.S.," Miller said.

"The U.S. has to take some real steps, otherwise we're going to keep seeing tragedies."

Handguns are already severely restricted in Canada, and a handgun registry has been in force for more than 60 years.

Its quite simple actually. Youve been put on a tracking system. With people having to rob 7-11's so they can pay the outrageous power bills, they can deduct who it might be. Make sure you pay your power bill on time, they might break down your door the next time someone is robbed with a 45 lookin .22