tbrown

Bush Countdown

Inauguration Day Schedule for Jan 20, 2009:

Rachel's Washington, DC Blog
By Rachel Cooper, About.com Guide to Washington, DC since 2004

!RSSInauguration Swearing-In Ceremony 2009
Friday December 19, 2008
The oath of office will be administered to the President-elect and the Vice President-elect on the steps of the United States Capitol in Washington, DC on January 20, 2009 beginning at 11:30 a.m. The Presidential Inauguration Committee has announced the official program for the inaugural swearing-in ceremony as follows:

Musical Selections
The United States Marine Band
The San Francisco Boys Chorus and the San Francisco Girls Chorus

Call to Order and Welcoming Remarks
The Honorable Dianne Feinstein

Invocation
Dr. Rick Warren, Saddleback Church, Lake Forest, CA

Musical Selection
Aretha Franklin

Oath of Office Administered to Vice President-elect Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
By Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, The Honorable John Paul Stevens

Musical Selection, John Williams, composer/arranger
Itzhak Perlman (Violin), Yo-Yo Ma (Cello), Gabriela Montero (Piano), Anthony McGill (Clarinet)

Oath of Office Administered to President-elect Barack H. Obama
By the Chief Justice of the United States, The Honorable John G. Roberts, Jr.

Inaugural Address
The President of the United States, The Honorable Barack H. Obama

Poem
Elizabeth Alexander

Benediction
The Reverend Dr. Joseph E. Lowery

The National Anthem
The United States Navy Band "Sea Chanters"

Every person attending the Swearing-in Ceremony on the Capitol Grounds is required to have a ticket, including children (with the exception of infants too young to walk). The tickets are color coded and correspond to a specific section. Ticketed guests must enter the Capitol Grounds through the security entry point designated for their particular section. See a map.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

And he even gave us the term "misunderestimated" in his final press conference. I'm going to miss him in a way.

Then again, it seems this word would mean he was underestimated. But not quite underestimated enough?

Do with that what you will.
"Any language where the unassuming word fly signifies an annoying insect, a means of travel, and a critical part of a gentleman's apparel is clearly asking to be mangled."

Speedracer and crwtom: good work men, tomorrow's the big numero uno day, followed by numero zero and the retirement of this thread. Let's keep it coming with all of our very best. This has been a LONG 630 days !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Today's Bush countdown is brought to you by the number ONE. Here it is kiddies, Day 1. The sun has already set over the Potomac on the Bush Presidency.
And in keeping with this joyous occasion, I see we have some lovely contributions to today's theme.

But all partisanship aside, we as Americans should all be grateful that this will be a peaceful, lawful, and orderly transfer of power. No coup d'etat, no tanks in the street, no citizens "disappearing" from their homes in the dead of night. I was reminded of this very fact back in 2000 by Joan Rivers, the comedienne, on some late night talk show. The whole Bush-Gore-Florida thing was dragging on, ad nauseum, and she said something like, "Oh please ! We're a nation of laws. Are there tanks in the street ? " As unhappy as I was with the way things turned out, I had to admit she was right.

So if you're not happy about the new guy, take a deep breath and make a few skydives. You'll live. This country needs a lot of serious work right now, things are darker than they've ever been in our lifetime. And no, Obama does not walk on water.

But let's all see what happens and see what we can do together. We'll never all agree, but we will always be Americans.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

What really matters is that the ventriloquist gets to take his arm out of Bush's ass. He never did a credible job making the mouth work anyway. Its time for Cheney to fucking dissapear and never rear his ugly head again.

I hope to GOD that the Vice -President goes back to being the type that Vice President Adams claimed..

"My country has in its wisdom contrived for me the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."

I ALSO hope that we can finally have a man who is honest and wise in the White House.. the lord knows its time... and we need it desparately. As Jphn Adams the first resident of the White House stated.

"I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."

I want a man in that office that I can finally be proud of... its been a long long time.

Congratulation! He is history in few hours!

But his legacy will live on [:/]- he helped to fuck up more countries than just yours. I'm also glad that he's gone - but he's getting off 'scot free' - laughing all the way to the bank>:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

tbrown

many thanks for a thread, "which will live in infamy':|

the countdown has been long and tough,,, and things have gotten worse, not better, as the countdown has progressed...( except for the recent election day mandate for change)

so we are all mostly GLAD to reach the ZERO number....B|

Be GONE..... W. and never darken our collective doorstep again...>:(>:(

fade away... you will not be missed... ( expect by Leno, Letterman, Conan obrien, JibJab, et al.)

Now let's start a count UP...
as this country tries to recover...

it
is my fervent HOPE that in 600 days from today..... we can awake to a USA which has improved it's standing in the eyes of the world,
improved its economy, healthcare, and educational systems and has moved toward the coveted aspirations of the forefathers from 230 years ago...

the man has done lots of damage and was a poor "deciderer"
the Bush/Cheney fiasco , ends today...
IMHO the next "course" should be as defendants in the world court, and not some golf "course" in texas... but sadly i think, that will never happen...

i can exist quite happily if i never hear of that man, again...
Yale should be ashamed...

jt