Westboro Baptists to Picket VA Tech Funerals

>What did it take to set Timothy McVeigh off ? He won a bronze star
> for valor in the gulf war....then he blew up the federal building.

Right. So should we "keep an eye on" any US soldiers who are religious? Several posters here fit that description, and have been described by other posters in such derogatory terms.

What are you saying?... That Timothy McVeigh thought he was doing God's will?

No...the most prominent man who thinks he's doing God's will these days hasn't ever had anything remotely resembling the mettle necessary to get near a combat zone.

Blues,
Dave

My, my, my... aren't we on a "let's bash Bush, even though the thread has nothing to do with him" kick. :o

Right. So should we "keep an eye on" any US soldiers who are religious? Several posters here fit that description, and have been described by other posters in such derogatory terms.

No...the most prominent man who thinks he's doing God's will these days hasn't ever had anything remotely resembling the mettle necessary to get near a combat zone.

Blues,
Dave

yes, but he did jump out of a plane "chuteless" :)

Purple Monkey Dishwasher Kitten Poop.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their actions are wrong and they need to be stopped. If I have up my right constitutional right to protest at funerals to stop these people, I gladly will.

so many Americans have died defending rights like the first Amendment, and you're willing to give it up just to avoid some christian assholes?!?

Or was the statement a bit of an exaggeration?

No it wasn't an exaggeration. To stop the Phelps from doing this, I am willing to give up my right to protest funerals. I don't protest funeral and think anyone that does and anyone that thinks it okay to do so are very bad people that need to go away.

War protestors should be able to demonstrate at funerals.

These are not war protesters they are fag haters, cult members- it has nothing to do with the war. These students are not soldiers.

Phelps are bad people. Bad people need to go away.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

My, my, my... aren't we on a "let's bash Bush, even though the thread has nothing to do with him" kick. :o

I didn't mention Bush. Was it the lack of mettle thing that made you associate him with my post? :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

my, my... aren't we on a "let's bash Bush, even though the thread has nothing to do with him" kick. :o

I didn't mention Bush. Was it the lack of mettle thing that made you associate him with my post? :D

Blues,
Dave

Some people see that hook hanging there with the worm on it and they just cannot resist biting it.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I didn't mention Bush.

Was he your intended target?

War protestors should be able to demonstrate at funerals.

These are not war protesters they are fag haters, cult members- it has nothing to do with the war. These students are not soldiers.

Phelps are bad people. Bad people need to go away.

j

Doesn't matter. Because the not bad people need to be able to protest, you have to accept the bad ones.

Free speech isn't free. We have to put up with the KKK and the Nazis and the new age wackos. Or the Commies and the peaceniks out here.

We saw the price society has to pay for the right to bear arms a couple of days ago.

No, not really! VT was a gun free campus if I remember correctly. Boy, all those "Gun Control" laws sure did there job. Never mind the laws about murder. Lets put another 3,000 laws in the books against firearms and murder. I'm sure they will get the point sometime in the future.

I was looking at things on a bit wider scale than just the VT campus. Fact is: guns are much more available in the US than any other Western country. Those guns have done a lot of good, but they can do a lot of bad as well. The shooting at VT is the flip side of the coin. As I said in another post, this doesn't mean that banning guns is the answer. It doesn't mean that adding more gun restriction or gun laws is the answer.

The US decided a long time ago that guns were important to them as a society. There is a price to pay for that freedom. The shooting at VT is part of that price.

The OP of this thread indicates the price society pays for the right to free speech.

Actually they are not interested in publicity, but they will sure take it where they can get it.

Their shtick is pretty simple. Plan a protest that will offend everyone - try and get the local authorities to ban or break up their protest then they sue.

That is how they are funded. That is their sole reason for existence. They piss people off, the people react and the Phelps family sues them.

He's been doing this game for decades now.