Andy9o8

Brit sailors: our "confessions" were coerced

What ever happened to NAME, RANK AND SERIAL#? PUSSIES

Is that you............................John Wayne

When your captor has a relatively infinite amount of time and an infinite amount of personel to take a personal interest in you... Name Rank and Service number...can have a severely detrimental effect on your health.

What ever happened to NAME, RANK AND SERIAL#? PUSSIES

Is that you............................John Wayne

When your captor has a relatively infinite amount of time and an infinite amount of personel to take a personal interest in you... Name Rank and Service number...can have a severely detrimental effect on your health.

I'm not putting down the Brits at all, but I am a stubborn bastard, and probably would have ended up starting WWIII when they cut my head off for the things I said in captivity.

Confess? Yeah, F you, asshole!

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Sorry if I missed the details and if this distracts from the rant fest going on.
In the news they always said "Iran claims that they strayed into Iranian waters" but the Brits say "They were picked up in Iraqi waters". Did I miss a clarification or am I the only one who doesn't see those two statements as mutually exclusive?

That is what SERE School is there for.. to put thme in a situation.. so that if they ever find themselves in a similar situation.. one... they are not experiencing it for the first time.... and two.... a chance to learn some viable alternatives and still to be able to RETURN... with honor

Hey Darius11! Are you getting this?

Got any LOL's to offer or have you stopped playing the apologist for the assholes that are holding Iran back?

I object to this direct personal attack against Darius.

I've got plenty to say about Iran seizing the Brits on the high seas, including the BIG question, which is why the Royal Navy didn't just shoot back and sink them, or hang the survivors from a yardarm for piracy, as they did in days of olde. I have often disagreed with Darius, sometimes rather sharply.

And yet he is a dot.commer, a skydiver, and speaks with the perspective of people from his part of the world. So leave him the fuck alone.

Where the hell are the fucking moderators anyway ??

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Got any LOL's to offer or have you stopped playing the apologist for the assholes that are holding Iran back?

That doesn't come even close to a direct personal attack, in my opinion.

He chose to believe the asshole Iranian leadership instead of the Brits, and should expect to take some heat for that decision.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

<> = that kind of shit can get your head cut off... that what you want? How could that ever be better than getting home alive.?

Who fuckin cares? I'm not afraid of death
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

It is very cold where i am so some heat would be nice. Too bad nothing has changed as it still stands we don't know what side is telling the truth.

Unless of course your using your all knowing crystallball once again.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

"I'm not putting down the Brits at all, but I am a stubborn bastard, and probably would have ended up starting WWIII when they cut my head off for the things I said in captivity."

You should probably read Guests of the Ayatollah by Mark Bowden. Seems like the Embassy hostages (some anyway) went with your exact tactic Zipp0, and it failed miserably. They just got treated like more shit than the others, and were not killed.
The Persian mindset is extremely difficult (sometimes impossible) for Western society to comprehend - one of the many reasons I am fascinated by it, and why I have travelled to, and will continue to travel to those countries.
Oh, just FYI there are actually some dropzones in Iran...how cool would it be to jump there?

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

I'm not putting down the Brits at all, but I am a stubborn bastard, and probably would have ended up starting WWIII when they cut my head off for the things I said in captivity.

Confess? Yeah, F you, asshole!

Easy to say from behind a computer.

But you did seem to think it was true when they admitted it when under arrest?

Yes, of course, because it was from Iran.

I am glad that those sailors and marines are home safe. I completely understand their reasoning in not fighting back, and am glad that diplomacy had a chance to work. I don't hold my breath, however, that when this happens again, it will be resolved quite as readily.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I can only speak for the Air Force when I was there... Pilots...and any aircrew.ie Navs...Boomers...Load Smashers...flight engineers.. Electronic warware types.. basically anyone who was on flight status.
Also PJ's and CC and some Intel types.

Army has thier own versions and I know there are some Navy schools.

But you did seem to think it was true when they admitted it when under arrest?

Yes, of course, because it was from Iran.

I am glad that those sailors and marines are home safe. I completely understand their reasoning in not fighting back, and am glad that diplomacy had a chance to work. I don't hold my breath, however, that when this happens again, it will be resolved quite as readily.

Ciels-
Michele

I think that Darius states very clearly that there is no way to know for certain what side they were on, but english is not my first language so you probably know better.
You are a bit biased.

I am pretty sure that while in Iran they would say they were in Iranian waters and when in Britain they would say they were somewhere else. Regarding the truth, who knows, but if they were not in Iranian waters they were probably very close...

You are a bit biased.

Perhaps I am. But here is my reasons for the opinion I hold about Darius' bias in regards to this specific situation.

"Even when at least one of the sailors have admitted and apologized for being in Iranian waters………………..Oh yea that’s bull shit only what Fox news says is true.

You guys are just fucking incredible."

"WE ARE IN THERE Territory right now, they are no where near us.
We are threatening them with aggressions and violence."

"And even if they are not in there waters they are close less then a mile."

"How some can simply turn a blind eyeto all the shady shit we do and at the same time be pissed at Iran for what would be viewed as standard percidure"

"What the UK government claims is not always true.
Not to mention Iran has been threaten many times by UK allies."

"Kidnapping? If they were in Iranian waters it is not a kidnapping, They are members of a foreign nations military invading in to Iranian territory"

"Wake up and buy your self a mirror. If you have a standard hold it for everyone If you don’t then simply you’re a hypocrite. Many on here are."

"2nd I had no idea being American meant that you must be blind to the facts and follow like a sheep."

"I question our ethics. What is right for us is not always the right thing to do."

"How are you so sure that they were not in Iran’s waters?
How are you so sure that they the sailors were not spies?"

"I love how we go in people’s back yard and start shit and then they’re the ass hole. Got to love the peace loving evangelical president and the sheep that follow. BAHHHHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHH."

" We travled how miles so Iran could push for a war thatbthey will lose? I mean come on who is stupid enogh to belive that shit? I guess the same people who were 100 percent sure Iraq had WMD and a link to 911. Some never learn."

"You choose to belive what they tell you. i can type up some GPS cordenants on my cell phone if you like and present it as hard evedance."

"That’s just too funny so Iran which shares a huge land border with Iraq puts it’s weapons on a boat and tries to pass it threw the gulf which is littered with US, and UK navy."

"Why are you so sure that what the UK says is so true, and what Iran says is always a lie? It’s not like the UK has a very clean and ethical past."

"It is not just about today, or even this decade. The oppressed tend to remember there oppressors, but the oppressors want to forget what they did after they have received the benefits they wished to get."

"Let me guess next step will be to criticize my spelling.
You guys are just so smart and never wrong I wonder how it would feel to never be wrong even when you are."

"You know your post basically describes your whole sides logic or lack of logic. Your logic is simply not based on logic it is based on feelings, and assumtions. You watched way too much 24 now you think you know “these people”. "

Et cetera. And that was from one thread.

So yes, perhaps I am biased. Then again, perhaps others are, as well.

I absolutely do have a bias against a country who threatens to wipe Israel off the map; I have a bias against a country who kidnaps and holds my countrymen hostage for 444 days. Then again, if there's a basis for it, is it still a "bias"?

I do understand Darius' passionate defense of his home country. I really do. I disagree with it completely, but I understand it.

But Botellines, if you're going to say I'm biased, perhaps you should also look and see if bias applies to other people (i.e. the one I'm responding to/about), and consider that, as well.

It's all good...

if they were not in Iranian waters they were probably very close...

There is some discrepancy about where the international waters borders are, to be sure. However, close only counts in horseshoes. If someone were "close", it's only something to be aware of...not act aggressively and take hostages because they were "close." Close does NOT mean that laws were broken. Close does NOT mean that it's acceptable to kidnap and take hostages other countries' personnel. Close means close; it doesn't mean violating space.

Again, I am glad this ended peacefully; it could've been bad, and it wasn't. Thank God for that.

Ciels-
Michele

Nothing can make Iran be the good guy right?
No matter what. Even when at least one of the sailors have admitted and apologized for being in Iranian waters………………..Oh yea that’s bull shit only what Fox news says is true.

You guys are just fucking incredible.

Again, I am glad this ended peacefully; it could've been bad, and it wasn't. Thank God for that.

Ciels-
Michele

Uncivilized if you ask me. They weren't even hooded or waterboarded, held in solitary for years, nor made to stand for hours in "stress positions" or stripped and photographed in sexually embarrassing poses like we in the enlightened USA do to our prisoners. Damn those uncivilized Iranians!

reply]

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I think that Darius states very clearly that there is no way to know for certain what side they were on, but english is not my first language so you probably know better.
You are a bit biased.

While you may well be correct that there is no way we will ever know who is "right". I found it funny he supported Iran based on confessions while the sailors where captive as proof they were in Iran's waters. Now that they say they lied to save their ass, will he admit that the confessions are worthless?

Doubt it.

As for bias...Sure. Iran is a country that has sworn to wipe another off the earth and basicly tells the world to fuck off.

The difference is that I can admit that countries could have a problem with the US's "Bully" image. And even admit that they have a point. But some just blindly support and ignore any evidence that could hurt their opinions.

This is one such case.

Ciels-
Michele

Uncivilized if you ask me. They weren't even hooded or waterboarded, held in solitary for years, nor made to stand for hours in "stress positions" or stripped and photographed in sexually embarrassing poses like we in the enlightened USA do to our prisoners. Damn those uncivilized Iranians!

Well, we now know they were hooded, stripped, held in solitary, and photographed, but I see your point.

I've got plenty to say about Iran seizing the Brits on the high seas, including the BIG question, which is why the Royal Navy didn't just shoot back and sink them, or hang the survivors from a yardarm for piracy, as they did in days of olde. I have often disagreed with Darius, sometimes rather sharply.

And yet he is a dot.commer, a skydiver, and speaks with the perspective of people from his part of the world. So leave him the fuck alone.

Where the hell are the fucking moderators anyway ??

Seconded.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Can you explain why that is a personal attack?

If a person takes a position, defends it mightily, and then is wrong...why shouldn't people point it out? I'd agree if someone was calling Darius names, but I don't see that here. What I see is someone calling a country names, and asking if their staunchest supporter still sides with the country.

Yes, Darius is a skydiver, a dotcommer, and a human being. But if someone is wrong, and has been rather vitriolic in his postings on the topic, why can't someone say "hey, why aren't you defending the country now when the facts are out?" How is that a personal attack?

Ciels-
Michele