unformed

Did God put dinosaur fossils on Earth to confuse scientists?

Shit source - still no answers either. Perhaps I should listen to the Mrs and suscribe to get Discovery after all.

David Attenborough's "Life on Earth", is still a great primer on all that "unsolved" stuff:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Earth-David-Attenborough/dp/B0000AISIQ/ref=pd_bowtega_1/202-5614716-0067837?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1176464151&sr=1-1

It might cut into your time down the pub thoughB|.

I've heard questions and statements like this before.

I've always thought they were just stupid; both from a scientific and religious perspective.

If you believe in science, then the answer is clearly no.

If you believe in religion, then to admit dinosaurs ever existed opens up such a can of worms you pretty much either have to stop believing or you have to start grasping at the straws of "creation science". Once you start doing that, haven't you already admitted that on some level, you don't actually believe?

The pastor at my church once answered my wife's question about the dinosaurs. He said that the sense of time depicted in the bible versus real time are not the same. A million real years might equal one day in the bible... That was his explanation to a tough question...

I dunno... we keep finding dinosaur skeletons all the time and have a pretty good technique for carbon dating, as well as having found evidence of two separate cataclysmic meteor/comet collisions, one that gave rise to the dinosaur age 250 million years ago and one that ended it 60 million years ago.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"The pastor at my church once answered my wife's question about the dinosaurs. He said that the sense of time depicted in the bible versus real time are not the same. A million real years might equal one day in the bible... That was his explanation to a tough question... "

Isnt that convenient. Whats interesting is that no pastors made this point before the scientific evidence showed it. What this is a case of is... bible doesnt fit the facts, no problem just change what it means until it does. Its not exactly the height of intellectual honesty. The problem is there is in Genesis a day is clearly defined as day and night, so the 1 creation day = 1 million eyars (or whatever it is) doesnt work. It further doesnt work because the Earth is 4.5 billion years old and humans are only a few hundred thousand years old. So even if the Geneiss day was a metaphor for some other amount of time it wouldnt help. Lastly the sequanece of creation is incorrect as well. for example stars are created after the Earth and after plants!

In next week's thread we will use a textbook on Renaissance History to learn all about biochemistry.

Find me a textbook on Renaissance history that claims to explain biochemistry.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Find me a textbook on Renaissance history that claims to explain biochemistry.

None do. But a council of theologians have determined that when Da Vinci said "Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation" he really meant "the primacy of the DNA-RNA-protein synthesis chain shall not be questioned."

>Find me a textbook on Renaissance history that claims to explain biochemistry.

None do. But a council of theologians have determined that when Da Vinci said "Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation" he really meant "the primacy of the DNA-RNA-protein synthesis chain shall not be questioned."

Which just goes to show why Theology is the second* most useless art form to ever grace the planet.

*Second only, of course, to Mime. Fucking mime artists>:(
Do you want to have an ideagasm?