unformed

Did God put dinosaur fossils on Earth to confuse scientists?

Well?

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off. He's a tight-ass. He's a sadist. He's an absentee landlord. Worship that? Never.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I've heard questions and statements like this before.

I've always thought they were just stupid; both from a scientific and religious perspective.

If you believe in science, then the answer is clearly no.

If you believe in religion, then to admit dinosaurs ever existed opens up such a can of worms you pretty much either have to stop believing or you have to start grasping at the straws of "creation science". Once you start doing that, haven't you already admitted that on some level, you don't actually believe?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch.

Everyone knows that. Hell, the only reason he kicked Adam and Eve out of his garden was because they'd put their clothes back on:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

God made the Universe 5 minutes AFTER the start of this thread, and made it to seem exactly as it is now, memories included. He's all powerful, he can do that kind of thing you know.

Sure the fossils are placed by him, but so are the memories of Darwin, and all records and memories of diging fossils up.

Christ is just a memory too, so is Abraham, Noah and the flood, the exodus and the Bible. All placed here to make it all just the way he wanted it to be.

And yes, of course I'm an idiot, but don't blame me, blame God, he made me dumb.

If you believe in religion, then to admit dinosaurs ever existed opens up such a can of worms you pretty much either have to stop believing or you have to start grasping at the straws of "creation science". Once you start doing that, haven't you already admitted that on some level, you don't actually believe?

I don't quite agree. Thinking religion explains the laws of nature is idiocy. Believing in religion itself is not.

Religion and science are mutually exclusive. Religion can not explain the laws of nature, and the only reason the stories were there in the first place is because Man needs stories, and that was the best they had at the time. On the same note, science can not explain spirituality or philosophy, and it was never meant to.

It's the people think both are one and the same who are the idiots.

And besides, the poll only asks if you (collective) are an idiot. It looks like a few are.
This ad space for sale.

I've always thought they were just stupid; both from a scientific and religious perspective.

If you believe in religion, then to admit dinosaurs ever existed opens up such a can of worms you pretty much either have to stop believing or you have to start grasping at the straws of "creation science".

Huh? The question does not require true believers to admit that living dinosaurs ever existed. Sure, they have to admit that dinosaur fossils exist now but only the blindest of the blind would ever dispute that. The response from a Fundamentalist of "Yes God put them there to fool scientists (test our faith, if you will)" is a response that does deny dinosaurs ever actually lived.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

God made the Universe 5 minutes AFTER the start of this thread, and made it to seem exactly as it is now, memories included. He's all powerful, he can do that kind of thing you know.

Sure the fossils are placed by him, but so are the memories of Darwin, and all records and memories of diging fossils up.

Christ is just a memory too, so is Abraham, Noah and the flood, the exodus and the Bible. All placed here to make it all just the way he wanted it to be.

And yes, of course I'm an idiot, but don't blame me, blame God, he made me dumb.

Wait, I didn't write this, it's an elaborate deception, God made the Universe 5 minutes AFTER the date on that post. I had no free will in the matter it was all preordained at the inception of the Universe.

for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off. He's a tight-ass. He's a sadist. He's an absentee landlord.***

That has to be the best description of I have ever heard!! Can I get an amen brother :P:)

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

That has to be the best description of I have ever heard!! Can I get an amen brother :P:)

Hoo boy, I totally agree. And I better mention it's a quote from Satan/John Milton's soliloquy (delivered by Al Pacino) in Devil's Advocate.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

The underlying assumption of God setting events in opposition is basically a "yes".

Please square that with the First Commandment.

It simply doesn't make sense.

According to the mythology, one of the very first things he lets you know is that he is the only God and you shall have no other. What purpose could it then possibly serve for him to "test" anyone?

If you respond with "God works in mysterious ways", then you really don't have an answer and again, you're simply grasping at straws.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You are of course addressing the poster of the underlying assumption and not me.

But to answer your question, it comes down to original sin in some doctrines, and the fall of Satan, who wanted to sit on the throne of God. Something to do with all us dumb fools listening to the jerk, kinda a prequel for the golden calf in Exodus when Moses was up getting his first set of commandments.

So here we are having to seek forgiveness for our impurity through Jesus.

Requiring a rationalization for this is like questioning why Superman wears undies outside his pants while simply accepting without question that he can fly.

P.S. to clarify, I was merely pointing out that narcimunds highly praised post is merely an implicit "yes" response to the poll, and therefore rather insipid for it. I'm not responding in agreement to it or with a yes to the poll.

One could postulate an infinite number of alternative creators if one wants to resort to such nonsense. FSM will suffice and I already mentioned him.

Okay ... I'm confessing. I put those bones there getting rid of the bodies, hoping no one would would ever find them. Geez, wait'll they find the other stuff I buried. Them scientist folks are REALLY gonna be pissed off about that.
Zing Lurks

No, he put them there to confuse Jehovah's Witnesses.

Cult 45. :o

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

According to the mythology, one of the very first things he lets you know is that he is the only God and you shall have no other. What purpose could it then possibly serve for him to "test" anyone?

Faith vs. no Faith, Bill!
Atheists / Agnostics (free will thing)
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

If you believe in religion, then to admit dinosaurs ever existed opens up such a can of worms you pretty much either have to stop believing or you have to start grasping at the straws of "creation science".

There is the difference between science and religion. You do not have to believe in science - there is factual evidence which you can look on.
But there is no factual evidence in religion.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

There is the difference between science and religion. You do not have to believe in science - there is factual evidence which you can look on.
But there is no factual evidence in religion.

There is factual evidence that refutes the claims of many religions, but just look at the title of this thread [:/].

The core problem is that when you invoke the supernatural to sidestep the evidence you postulate something untestable in science. It's up to each of us to apply our own Occam's razor to the proposals. As I have said elsewhere; God is a vastly complex explanation for comparatively simple phenomena. God is not a simplifying explanation and of course no explanation is offered for God.