badenhop

Do you believe in Alexander the Great?

If you don't, why not?
If you do, why?

Of course. There are multiple independant literary sources, inscriptions and mounds of associated archealogical evidence attesting to his existence and his conquest.

There is not, however, a shred of real evidence that he actually was the son of Zeus - no matter what he said.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

If you don't, why not?
If you do, why?

Of course. There are multiple independant literary sources, inscriptions and mounds of associated archealogical evidence attesting to his existence and his conquest.

There is not, however, a shred of real evidence that he actually was the son of Zeus - no matter what he said.

If the FSM wants to appear to Alexander as Zeus, who are we to question it? Human logic can't comprehend the ways of the FSM.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If you don't, why not?
If you do, why?

If the FSM wants to appear to Alexander as Zeus, who are we to question it? Human logic can't comprehend the ways of the FSM.

So Zeus appeared to Alexander The Great? Your post is the first I've read of this. Another one of your distortions? Hmm.

If you don't, why not?
If you do, why?

So Zeus appeared to Alexander The Great? Your post is the first I've read of this. Another one of your distortions? Hmm.

You should go to the library more often.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If you don't, why not?
If you do, why?

You should go to the library more often.:P

Indeed I should. That has no bearing one whether your claim is true or just another one of your lies. I'm going with the later. ;)

Bwaaaahaaahaaha!!!!:D:D:D

Your appalling ignorance of ancient history is duly noted.

(And kallend actually wrote that the FSM appeared to Alexander in the form of Zeus. Jeez man, you can't even get your accusations straight:P)

Enlighten me. When exactly did an entity presumed to be Zeus appear to Alexander the Great?

Enlighten me. When exactly did and entity presumed to be Zeus appear to Alexander the Great?

I'll give you two words. the first is Olympias and the second is Ammon.

You can do the leg work:)

Enlighten me. When exactly did and entity presumed to be Zeus appear to Alexander the Great?

I'll give you two words. the first is Olympias and the second is Ammon.
You can do the leg work:)

The word of his mother and/or some Egyptian oracle is not the same as what I asked about. I'm calling bullshit. Prove me wrong.

there is more evidence of Alexander the Great existing then there is of Jesus Christ and there is no evidence available of the Christian God existing.

Beowulf meet Hairyjuan, ... Oh, I see you have already met. ;)

Just because you had warm and fuzzy feelings at certain key points in your life doesn't mean god was speaking to you. But you choose to interpret them that way. I don't see how you could call that evidence.

there is more evidence of Alexander the Great existing then there is of Jesus Christ and there is no evidence available of the Christian God existing.

Beowulf meet Hairyjuan, ... Oh, I see you have already met. ;)

Just because you had warm and fuzzy feelings at certain key points in your life doesn't mean god was speaking to you. But you choose to interpret them that way. I don't see how you could call that evidence.

What do Jesus and God have to do with whether or not Alexander the Great existed?

The word of his mother and/or some Egyptian oracle is not the same as what I asked about. I'm calling bullshit. Prove me wrong.

The word of his mother provides the backdrop to his claims of divinity, at the Oracle of Ammon it was claimed that Zeus appeared to Alexander and spoke to him of his destiny.

N.B. "Oracle" does not mean that he went into a tent and spoke to a gypsy grandmother with a crystal ball.

I didn't say it was "evidence" for you. I said it was confirmation for me. There is good apologetics on Christianity that would require a lot more space than a forum thread. I simply prefer to tell me people my story. I'm not doing that to convince them.

As I said in a previous post. The responsibility of convincing someone the truth about God is not mine.

steveOrino

There is good apologetics on Christianity that would require a lot more space than a forum thread.

Ok, what is apologetics actually supposed to mean in this context - if you think its a decent faith why are you apologising?

There is good apologetics on Christianity that would require a lot more space than a forum thread.

Ok, what is apologetics actually supposed to mean in this context - if you think its a decent faith why are you apologising?

Since you didn't include a ;), I'll assume you are serious.

DEFINITION: apologetics a·pol·o·get·ics – the branch of theology concerned with the defense or proof of Christianity.

steveOrino

You know your not going to convince me of anything and I know that I am not going to convince you of anything here, but this is an interesting conversation that really makes me wonder how you could possibly believe so strongly in your god with no physical or tangible evidence. Everyone that I have talked to on this subject seems to point everything to a feeling. That they felt God do this or that. My biggest question is how do you know it was God? How do you know that what you feel isn't just what you want to feel and therefore it's like placebo affect? If you stop asking questions then you stop learning and become blind to reasoning.