Buried

If cocaine...

Damn chemicals have destroyed enough lives and ruined families I hate the sh*t!!!

Yup. I've never tried drugs and don't intend to.

Never drunk a beer, cup of coffee, or soda that wasn't caffeine free?

I find that hard to believe.

Disregarding the legal implications the beer has more negative side effects than many illegal drugs and the cofee+soda are more physically addictive.

No. Snorting is for beginers. If you really want to rip up your life, freebase. But it's sure as hell not free. It only costs your friends, family, house, car, all your skydiving equip. life. You know, the usual shit.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Other than to deplete the gene pool of those too stupid to avoid mind altering chemicals

...like alcohol?

Suuuuureee...and while we're at it, why don't we discuss the two BIGGEST killers in the world today...

Also the biggest money makers and least likely to become illegal....

CIGARETTES and ALCOHOL....

Need I say more?? Where there's money to be made from addicts or dependents, the government or THE MAN will find a way to benefit from it.

Of course, I might be a little bitter because I've let tobacco rule me for 13 years or better.

BUT guess what?! This Sunday will be my last day as a smoker 'cause it's MY time to quit.

Fuck coke...i've got skydiving...fuck everything and everyone...i've got skydiving and the best group of friends anyone could want. You crazy bastards!!!
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

Short answer - maybe

Long answer - Whether it's cocaine, alcohol, tobacco.... different people respond to it differently. There is definately a genetic key to whether you can "safely" use certain chemicals. George Burns lived to 100 and smoked heavily. But, I know that tobacco is bad for me cuz my dad had lung cancer, mom emphysema (but... *sigh* I do like the smell and taste of cigars.....) Alcohol - some people can drink responsibly and not have it ruin their lives... others, it will destroy them and everyone around them. Cocaine is kinda the same way... but it's just more powerful of a force if you are one that it destroys. I have tried mate de coca (tea made from coca leaves) while in the Andes. It helped with the altitude sickness/headaches and tasted pretty nice. But... I understand that it is very different from smoking a rock. If the tea were legal here, I probably would drink it. Would I want to go get some crack? No. But, some people aren't able to draw that line... thus the government feels that it has to step in and make the decision for us.

If coke was legal, pure, and cheap I would use it no question!!!

Better living through chemistry!!!

How is it any different then people that drink alcohol, or take legal prescription drugs?

Because cocaine is far more addictive than drinking, even smoking, and all legal prescription drugs.

If you could be sure of quality and it wouldn't get you bankrupt and in jail, a lot of the downsides go away, but still seems like a beast I'd rather not tempt.

Because cocaine is far more addictive than drinking, even smoking, and all legal prescription drugs.

That is just simply not true.

Cocaine does not carry a physical addiction like smoking and caffeine for instance do.

Is that your new approach in SC? To simply declare - this is simply not true.

Sorry, you're totally FOS on this one. Monkeys will self administer coke until they die. I've yet to hear of a caffeine related death.

My feelings on Cocaine, are that it is overated crap.

So my answer is probably No. The legality of drugs makes no difference though I dont think to those who are disposed to taking them.

Maybe more people would try drugs if they were made legal....but, people who are afraid of drugs / have a stand against them have already made there decision and would never ever use them anyway.

Maybe...

That still doesn't prove a physical addiction.

But hey, think what you will.

Yes, I'll go on thinking what the medical field does.

Is cocaine addictive?
Yes, cocaine is both physically and psychologically addictive because of its interaction with the brain's dopamine levels. People develop tolerance to cocaine and greater quantities of the drug are needed to produce euphoric effects. In lab experiments, animals will continue to take cocaine until they kill themselves.

BTW, it's irrelevent if the addiction is physical or not. Same end result. I don't know if vicodine is physical or psychological, I just know I didn't enjoy the withdrawl process. Nor did I sleep for 3 days.

Because cocaine is far more addictive than drinking, even smoking, and all legal prescription drugs

That is simply not true; not in terms of actual numbers addicted or the strength of the addiction (mental and physical).

Look at the number of alcoholics in the world and the life long battles they have with quitting?
How many people totally addicted to anti-depresants?

Damn chemicals have destroyed enough lives and ruined families>:( I hate the sh*t!!!>:(

I bet your quite happy to have a beer though, maybe next time you chug a cold one, spare a moments thought for the 105,000 Americans who die annually from alcohol-related causes, or the 365,000 tobacco-related deaths each year in the US.
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

> maybe next time you chug a cold one, spare a moments
>thought for the 105,000 Americans who die annually from alcohol-
>related causes.

Hmm. Do you spare a moment for the thousands of americans who drown every year when you swim in a pool? If I "spared a moment" to think about every person who died doing what I'm about to do (bike to work, take a shower, eat a banana, climb a ladder, drive to the drop zone, jump) I'd never get anything done!

So whats your experience of taking coke?
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

> maybe next time you chug a cold one, spare a moments
>thought for the 105,000 Americans who die annually from alcohol-
>related causes.

Hmm. Do you spare a moment for the thousands of americans who drown every year when you swim in a pool? If I "spared a moment" to think about every person who died doing what I'm about to do (bike to work, take a shower, eat a banana, climb a ladder, drive to the drop zone, jump) I'd never get anything done!

Bill, maybe your missing my point, i was trying to point out to the OP that its rather hypercritical to say that “coke” or other drugs ruins lives when people seem to ignore the fact that the two most deadly drugs are legal. Why because we all enjoy a beer, and most of us enjoy a cigarette.

>when people seem to ignore the fact that the two most deadly
>drugs are legal.

For quite a long time, alcohol kept a lot of us alive. Back when water contamination was the #1 cause of death in cities, drinking (often terrible) mead, wine and beer was sometimes the only way to get safe water. We've evolved to metabolize it, and there are several health benefits with drinking moderate amounts of alcohol. It's sort of an odd niche between food and drug.

(Asian communities went in a different direction and boiled their water to make it safe to drink; thus their tradition of tea, and thus the reason why many of asian ancestry cannot metabolize alcohol.)

With smoking I'd tend to agree with you.

>when people seem to ignore the fact that the two most deadly
>drugs are legal.

For quite a long time, alcohol kept a lot of us alive. Back when water contamination was the #1 cause of death in cities, drinking (often terrible) mead, wine and beer was sometimes the only way to get safe water. We've evolved to metabolize it, and there are several health benefits with drinking moderate amounts of alcohol. It's sort of an odd niche between food and drug.

(Asian communities went in a different direction and boiled their water to make it safe to drink; thus their tradition of tea, and thus the reason why many of asian ancestry cannot metabolize alcohol.)

With smoking I'd tend to agree with you.

But still the fact of the matter is, alcohol kills many more people and cost the government much more then coke, who care if we can “metabolise” it, that is somewhat a moot point when you look at the statistics. So why is not illegal?

I just find it rather ironic that people are quick to condemn “drug” use but are quite happy to consume a skin full of beer on a Friday night…. And laugh about it……

The nice reality of the law is that of intertia: it is always easier to maintain current laws. So, until the stoners of the world can unite to overturn the law (not that they'll remember/be able to organize themselves enough to do so), they'll keep police and attorneys in a comfortable living.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Because cocaine is far more addictive than drinking, even smoking, and all legal prescription drugs

That is simply not true; not in terms of actual numbers addicted or the strength of the addiction (mental and physical).

Look at the number of alcoholics in the world and the life long battles they have with quitting?
How many people totally addicted to anti-depresants?

Actual numbers is a stupid measure to use. I'd venture that 90% of Americans (the vast majority in any event) consume alcohol on a frequent basis. If say 5 or 10% of them have a problem with alcohol, that is millions of people.

OTOH, perhaps 10% of the population dabbled in coke. If 90% of the country frequently used it, the problems with it would beat out alcohol.

If you were going to argue nicotine I think it would be harder to defend, but alcohol? It's stupid to equate the two on addictive tendencies.

Last summer I was taking vicodine for 2 months and abstained from any alcohol, even though I was in considerable discomfort from the injuries. No problem. If I had been taking coke for the past decade, I don't think it would have worked so well.

Last summer I was taking vicodine for 2 months and abstained from any alcohol, even though I was in considerable discomfort from the injuries. No problem. If I had been taking coke for the past decade, I don't think it would have worked so well.

The Vicodine would have not worked if you had been using coke for that last decade?

Legality is the least of the problems with cocaine use.

I agree, I reckon price is the biggest problem...