JohnRich

Jews are apes and Christians are pigs!

John of Patmos was dealing with persecution by the pagan Roman Empire at the time he wrote Revelation (1st century AD), wheras the Book of Daniel deals with the succession of kingdoms following the sack of Jerusalem around the 6th century BC: first the Babylonians, then the Medes, then the Persians. Then one beast different from the rest (occidental rather than eastern) which was the Greeks.

But why let facts ruin a good story? :S

steveOrino

What exactly did you expect, with poll options like that?

Please explain what is wrong with the poll options, relative to the original news story.

What I expect, is for people to answer honestly. So apparently there are either a lot of dishonest people, or else there are a lot of bigots.

A poll on an internet forum, being as inconsequential and anonymous as it is, on a topic as sensational as Muslim extremism is hardly going to attract serious responses. You could just as well have asked 'Are you a Muslim extremist? Yes/No' and got plenty of positive responses.

What exactly did you expect, with poll options like that?

Please explain what is wrong with the poll options, relative to the original news story.

What I expect, is for people to answer honestly. So apparently there are either a lot of dishonest people, or else there are a lot of bigots.

A poll on an internet forum, being as inconsequential and anonymous as it is, on a topic as sensational as Muslim extremism is hardly going to attract serious responses. You could just as well have asked 'Are you a Muslim extremist? Yes/No' and got plenty of positive responses.

In other words, the problem that you see is not, after all, with the way I worded my poll options, as you originally implied. Now you have changed your criticism to be against the much bigger issue of the nature of the internet, rather than with my poll wording. You should have just said so in the first place.

So, are you a Muslim extremist?

I was talking to a Pakistani guy, about food. Somehow pork came to the discussion and I told him that pork tastes quite good and I see no reason not to eat it. His reason was that, he was told in the mosque that there's shit in the pig's blood, so when you at pork you also eat shit with it. I told him he was wrong but wouldn't believe me.

And no, he wasn't joking, he was being honest. So, if people my age (I am 22) believe whatever nonesense they hear, would it be so hard to equate Christians to pigs and Jews to apes? If a book was labeling Muslims as brainless suicide bombers, it would not even be considered to be used for education, his author would probably be jailed for some sort of a race crime.

All people are equal in this country, it's just that some people are more equal than others. I went to a walkabout a couple of hours ago to have a burger, I was asked to remove my hat at the counter. My face, you see, had to be clear for the CCTV. Would the clerk ask a vailed woman to remove her veil before ordering? I don't think so.

I believe that this country is too easy on minorities, the government should consider the majority's rights over the minorities, why this doesn't happen I don't know. Will the torries do any better? Maybe it's time to find out....!
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

In other words, the problem that you see is not, after all, with the way I worded my poll options, as you originally implied. Now you have changed your criticism to be against the much bigger issue of the nature of the internet, rather than with my poll wording. You should have just said so in the first place.

So, are you a Muslim extremist?

I think it would be better if you just put something like "should the books be allowed or not" instead of the answers you have now...
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

You know what, this actually makes me see red. >:(

This is whats wrong with this country, i constantly feel like im getting fucked up the arse by PC wankers who dare not offend the growing extremist population.

I'M WITH ANDY ON THIS ONE. When we realize that there is an overwhelming danger who's ideology is to destroy non-Islamic believers, only then will be able to live in peace. I see two choices.... #1 Convert to Islam because you are too scared to stand up to them. (and don't think that not converting is an option) #2 Stand up for your right to believe in whatever you want and not allow them to ruin our way of life. (which by the way comes possible with war as we've seen thus far)

I know that someone will come behind me and say something to the nature of "Well if we weren't bombing them in Iraq, etc..." but check this out. What did the Clinton administration do wrong that caused the 1993 Trade Tower attacks and the 2000 USS Cole attack?? Answer, NOTHING. However, it could have possible led to 9-11 since nothing was done in return to the Islamic radicals for the two previous incidents.

I personally don't care if a Muslim, Jew, Christian, etc.. get offended when it comes to national security. Really I don't!! This country should not apologize for airport profiling at security check points either. Why?? Because 9-11 wasn't caused by a black Christian or a white Jew. It was carried out by an arabic Muslims. Therefore, expect us to probe you from head to toe and not think twice about it. That's how we roll!!

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

but check this out. What did the Clinton administration do wrong that caused the 1993 Trade Tower attacks and the 2000 USS Cole attack?? Answer, NOTHING.

Actually OBL started attacking us as a result of the Gulf War in 1991 (in which the Saudis went with the USA &UK & allied troops against Saddam, instead of using OBL's mujahideen) & also as a result of the presence of our troops in Saudi Arabia (their holy land) afterwards.

They're not doing these suicide attacks for the heck of it. Not saying it isn't f&*ked up, it is, but when they launch these attacks they have specific ideas in mind regarding specific things we have done in Muslim countries. They're not going to go to another country & blow themselves up just because we're not Muslim.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

but check this out. What did the Clinton administration do wrong that caused the 1993 Trade Tower attacks and the 2000 USS Cole attack?? Answer, NOTHING.

Actually OBL started attacking us as a result of the Gulf War in 1991 (in which the Saudis went with the USA &UK & allied troops against Saddam, instead of using OBL's mujahideen) & also as a result of the presence of our troops in Saudi Arabia (their holy land) afterwards.

They're not doing these suicide attacks for the heck of it. Not saying it isn't f&*ked up, it is, but when they launch these attacks they have specific ideas in mind regarding specific things we have done in Muslim countries. They're not going to go to another country & blow themselves up just because we're not Muslim.

Read their Koran and you might post differently. I have!

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Yes there are inflammatory lines in the Koran. But the suicide attacks/bombings are done specifically in response to their beliefs about our actions in our foreign policy.

It's not just "oh, they hate our freedom!"
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Yes there are inflammatory lines in the Koran. But the suicide attacks/bombings are done specifically in response to their beliefs about our actions in our foreign policy.

It's not just "oh, they hate our freedom!"

I agree that our presence in the middle east has fueled their actions but I do not believe it's the cornerstone of their actions, their ideology is.

I think it would be better if you just put something like "should the books be allowed or not" instead of the answers you have now...

What I have now is much the exact same thing.

If you believe that Jews are apes and Christians are pigs, then obviously you would want that material to stay in the books and be taught.

On the other hand, if you believe that such things are incorrect, then you should want it removed from the books.

I don't think it's likely that someone would believe it to be wrong, yet still want it to remain in the books.

Thus, my poll questions are essentially the same thing as what you suggest.

The number 666 is NOT the identity of any man, such as you alude to in your post.

This is a mistake brought about by the churches who do not understand God's WORD.

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Please finish it man
============================

Woe to you Oh Earth and Sea
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding
reckon the number of the beast
for it is a human number
its number is six hundred and sixty six.

I left alone my mind was blank
I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind

What did I see can I believe that what I saw
that night was real and not just fantasy

Just what I saw in my old dreams were they
reflections of my warped mind staring back at me

Cos in my dreams it's always there the evil face that twists my mind
and brings me to despair

The night was black was no use holding back
Cos I just had to see was someone watching me
In the mist dark figures move and twist
was all this for real or just some kind of hell
666 the Number of the Beast
Hell and fire was spawned to be released

Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised
as they start to cry hands held to the sky
In the night the fires are burning bright
the ritual has begun Satan's work is done
Sacrifice is going on tonight

This can't go on I must inform the law
Can this still be real or just some crazy dream
but I feel drawn towards the evil chanting hordes
they seem to mesmerize...can't avoid their eyes
666 the one for you and me

I'm coming back I will return
And I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn
I have the fire I have the force
I have the power to make my evil take its course
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I guess here is what I don’t get.
With the exceptions of a few terrorist groups who have bombed everyone including their fellow Muslims who are the Muslims who are trying to change your way of life?

It’s kind of hard to take anyone seriously who is afraid of the Muslims changing their way of life when we have been involved in that region for the past 200 years, and the British even before that.

How many Muslims military bases do we have in the US? Or even near by?
Now how many military bases do we have in and around the Middle East even before the Iraq war?
How many times have we had are war ships with there guns pointing on the shore of some nation?
How many war ships from Muslims countries have shown up on your shores to try to bully their way of life on you?

I think we give a lot of legitimate reasons to be hated. Simple answer is we are selfish.
We have helped wars start and helped to continue just to make money. We helped Sadam and even helped him after he used WMD on civilians. We don’t care who you kill as long as it is not us and we choose to pretend to care when we wish if it is a good front for doing what we wish.

Now I have no issue with that, as that is the way of the world. But please don’t try to act like there was no choice and the poor little inocent US was in danger.
We are the alpha and we will destroy any one who tries to touch our cheese. All the other bull shit is to try and save face.

I mean our history should speak for it self. How many fucking wars have we started in the last 50 years?
For god sake we used cruse missals on an aspirin factory when Clinton was in office, not to mention the thousands of times we have done things of a similar nature.

I love how people still think they hate us because were free, yea the whole killing part has nothing to do with it. It’s that damn American idol there worried about. Fucking ridicules:S
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

>Read their Koran and you might post differently.

Read the Bible and you will see where christians are commanded to kill all the men and children of the villages they conquer - but they can rape the virgins. And sadly at least one group of american soldiers followed that plan. Is that evidence that the Bible makes us religious terrorists?

>Read their Koran and you might post differently.

Read the Bible and you will see where christians are commanded to kill all the men and children of the villages they conquer - but they can rape the virgins. And sadly at least one group of american soldiers followed that plan. Is that evidence that the Bible makes us religious terrorists?

Bill you just posted a lie, where did US troops kill ALL of an entire village and rape the virgins?

OH and BTW if it ever happens there is UCMJ

>OH and BTW if it ever happens there is UCMJ

Indeed there is - and the people who did that have been brought up on charges, which is how it should be.

But a clueless reader might see the actions of those men and claim that they were just doing what the Bible told them to do - just as there are clueless people who claim the Koran commands terrorists to kill, kill, kill.

>Read the Bible and you will see where Israelites . . .

You are making the sort of distinction that requires an understanding of the Bible. Clueless people on both sides of the debate do not have that level of understanding. All they can do is repeat "but it says rape the virgins/they'll get 72 virgins in heaven!"

Bullshit, John, and you know it. If you were asking in person I could not imagine you asking the question using those words. They're designed to get a strong reaction.

"Much the exact same thing" maybe if you only take the literal meanings of the words, without the connotation. But connotations matter. They're part of English.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)