speedy

If the president could stand for a third term...

Well would how would you vote?

I for one would will miss him when he's gone. He provided excellent entertaiment. Like when he dropped the dog :D:D

Here in Germany we only have boring ugly politicians like Angie. (see attached) [:/]
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

What makes you think he will actually leave office....

He will have to stay to protect us from the evildoers after the next big terrorist strike on the US... MArtial Law... and no elections.

Thanks I needed a laugh today.

I don't think we have to be concerned considering he would probably get the same amount of votes as a third party candidate. :P
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

First pass is a quick "no" clarification is it's not that simple.

I'd like to say it depends on who he would be running against. But I don't think the dems would put up a 3rd lousy candidate in a row unless they are getting really arrogant. They are, but not so much as to completely divide the nation with a wing dweller.

Nor do I think the Reps would nominate him again with the current approval ratings. So even if 3 terms was allowed, it is VERY unlikely he'd get the nomination.

I am a big believer in term limits - politicians do more to stay in office rather than for the good of the country. two terms is a nice balance. It would be VERY hard to vote for a 3rd term even if the alternative is complete pond scum.

Who had the most terms before the 10 year limit was set? Was it FDR? Talk about the damage done to the country by King Roosevelt!!! never again

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You had better delete that or you WILL be paid a visit.

What post, what are you talking about, ... I stated that I would move, there is nothing wrong with that. :P

What am I talking about? What are you talking about?;)

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

What makes you think he will actually leave office....

He will have to stay to protect us from the evildoers after the next big terrorist strike on the US... MArtial Law... and no elections.

Rudi tried that very thing in NYC after 9/11

Just reading this question almost made me vomit. Seriously.

I can't even bear to watch tonight.

This should help you: http://www.drinkinggame.us/

Holy shit, thanks!

Kinda reminds me of a drinking game I invented for the movie "Goodfellas" that I called "Drunkfellas."

Every time one characted called another character by name, take a sip of beer. Someone is whacked - chug a beer.

It's a great game.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

And what are you goiong to say AFTER this actually happens????:S:S:S:S

I would move.

So you could join Barbara Streisand, Robert Altman, Eddie Vedder, Pierre Salinger and Cher, who all promised to leave the country if Bush won in 2000.

Babs? She's still here, and was here in 2003. We know this because she sued an environmental group for invasion of privacy for publishing a photo of the coast that had her Malibu palace in it.

Altman? He died just last year in Los Angeles - it doesn't look like the left the US.

Eddie Vedder? He's still around.

Cher? She's still around.

Salinger? Goodness, the guy kept his word and moved to France.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

And what are you goiong to say AFTER this actually happens????

"Amazon, get your gun." (provided of course they are not outlawed)

Now, what are you gonna say when it does not happen? Are you still going to claim it will happen if a Dem gets elected next time?

Did you read the rest of that article? He said some nice things about Bush. :P “As I look at President Bush, I think he will ultimately be judged as a man of extremely high character. A very thoughtful man, not having been appraised properly by those who would say he’s not very smart. I find the contrary. I think he’s very, very bright. And I suspect that he’ll be judged as a man who led this country through a crease in history effectively. Probably we’ll think of him in years to come as an American hero.”

There, I have put them side by side. You tell me who has the better deal. Germany or the U.S.A.

I'd vote bush back in, look at what you might get if you don't. [:/]

OK, you dirty little whistle-blower. Where did you catch Angie in the early morning with a giant hangover? :P
:D:D

Hey! that was one of her good days :|
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Did you read the rest of that article? He said some nice things about Bush. “As I look at President Bush, I think he will ultimately be judged as a man of extremely high character. A very thoughtful man, not having been appraised properly by those who would say he’s not very smart. I find the contrary. I think he’s very, very bright. And I suspect that he’ll be judged as a man who led this country through a crease in history effectively. Probably we’ll think of him in years to come as an American hero.”

The article was written in 2003... I think you might find a few things have changed in peoples perceptions.. WORLDWIDE concering Mr Bush's place in history...... and he aint done yet... he has plenty of tiome to really screw things up even more... WANNA BET it gets worse... rather than better before his term is up???

Not that I think he will actually be leaving office.

Jeanne, you sometimes surprise me with what you think. Do you **really** think that there will be martial law, elections suspended, and Bush in office indefinately? I can't see how, especially with a Democratically run Congress and Senate...just can't envision it. Or rather, I can, but it is one of those thoughts that pass quickly.

Do you **really** think so? And if so, how do you think it will occur? I mean, sure, a terrorist attack, but then what?

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

who is this 12% or 4 people that would vote for bush again?
is it just people joking?
if not then who would be so foolish?
explain yourselves?

-Cue 9/11 conspiracy theory. (but be sure to put on your tinfoil hat first.)
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.