jumprunner

Bush/Cheney Impeachment

It seems that the sexual misconduct of Clinton is always brought up by the lib posters in this forum, not conservatives. Typically, it is like, "Oh yeah, and Clinton got a BJ" in order to trivialize what happened. Liberals will bring up the subject, and then someone like me reminds everyone that it wasn't about a consentual BJ, it was about the allegations of a woman that didn't want to have Clinton impose himself upon her. Quite different, I think.

That's right, that's what it was about which is why I don't understand how anyone can compare Clinton's mistakes to Bush's mistakes. Clinton's dealt with potentially non-consensual, questionably legal sexual relations with one person. Bush's deal with non-consensual, questionably legal relations with numerous countries. Sadly, only one of these scenarios apparently warrants investigation. Hopefully that will change very soon.

I may be mistaken, but I do not believe that the intelligence available to Bush in his daily briefings is the same as the intelligence made available to members of Congress.

The DCIA reports to Bush, not to Congress.

We now know that there was considerable conflicting evidence about WMDs that the White House knew about.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>True, but admitting guilt is a good sign.

?? Apparently it is not! Clinton has been crucified as a result of his admission that he did something wrong. Other politicians will learn from this.

>I guess we should just shoot the people we THINK are guilty!

Not at all! Take a page from the republican handbook and just shoot the people proven innocent.

I also hope that if found guilty he actually gets punished unlike Billy.

However, I hope that if found not guilty then you guys would stop the bashing. I however doubt it.

You mean the way you stopped bashing Billy when he was found not guilty?

Two thumbs up Narcimund!B|
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

No. Billy was impeached by the house -- which is parallel to indictment by a grand jury.

He was then brought to trial and found to be Not Guilty by the jury of 100 senators.

Encore!B|
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

That's right, that's what it was about which is why I don't understand how anyone can compare Clinton's mistakes to Bush's mistakes

The left is the only one making ANY comparisions. "No one died when Clinton lied!" All I and others have said is Clinton lied under oath.

Also, I SUPPORT the idea of impeachment. I just hope that if found innocent the left will stop making accusations that were found wrong. And I have said that if it is found he did it, then I would JOIN you asking for punishment.

>True, but admitting guilt is a good sign.

?? Apparently it is not! Clinton has been crucified as a result of his admission that he did something wrong. Other politicians will learn from this.

Nice try a redirect. But admitting you lied under oath is a good sign you did it.

>I guess we should just shoot the people we THINK are guilty!

Not at all! Take a page from the republican handbook and just shoot the people proven innocent.

An emotional reply from you. YOU are the one wanting to crucify Bush for something you can't prove while defending Clinton for something he admitted to doing.

>But admitting you lied under oath is a good sign you did it.

Is that good or bad?

>An emotional reply from you.

Not emotional at all; I could care less what you think about someone who isn't even president any more. You were the one who brought up shooting people, which seems to be a bit of emotional hyperbole. If the behavior of the GOP is any indication, the one to be shot is the one proven innocent of any high crime or misdemeanor. Clinton has been public enemy #1 for the GOP for going on eight years now.

>But admitting you lied under oath is a good sign you did it.

Is that good or bad?

Admitting you did it = Good.
Lying under oath = Bad.

Not emotional at all; I could care less what you think about someone who isn't even president any more

Your posts show otherwise.

You were the one who brought up shooting people, which seems to be a bit of emotional hyperbole.

In response to how you and others wish to assume quilt in one case without proof and assume innocence after the proof says otherwise.

If the behavior of the GOP is any indication, the one to be shot is the one proven innocent of any high crime or misdemeanor.

Again nothing but an emotional response and an accusation without proof.

Clinton has been public enemy #1 for the GOP for going on eight years now.

And Bush 1 for at least 8 years...Then there was Reagan...And on and on.

<>

That's true, but You do not know that He didn't know it was true or false .... You can't know for sure.

Neither can you, but you assert that you do know.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>In response to how you and others wish to assume quilt in one case
>without proof and assume innocence after the proof says otherwise.

I do not assume Bush is legally guilty of anything. Clinton is legally innocent of the charges brought against him. Period. Them's the facts. And for some reason, republicans cannot stand them.

Read minds now too?

You said he lied, right? That means that you know that he knew he wasn't telling the truth.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

What I believe that I said was that repeating it doesn't make it any less false and it was false, wether he knew it or not. But he asserted that they did exists and were a real and imminent threat to the US.

What I believe is that if he did not KNOW that there were WMDs he should have said the did not know . But, whatever, he sure was WONG.

I do not and can not KNOW that he lied any more than you can know that he did not.

But the bottom line is that many, many innocent people died on his watch and from my point of view that is a very very bad thing and I for one can not see any justification for it or the continuing mayhem and slaughter. Some one is responsible for that cockup with the so called Intel'.

Accountability..... shite flows up hill on this one. Someone signed the Order and who would that be?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

One thing we can be sure of: Partisan Republocrats will give their toady UNENDING benefit of the doubt while denying the other side's toady even a smidgen.

Another thing we can be sure of: Partisan Demoblicans will do exactly the same thing.

You can all go to hell for pretending to use reason when really you're just cheering for a team.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

It is disappointing to see you throw the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines away so easily.

They do stand up for your rights and freedom. If you feel you can stand up alone, please try. They however will be right there when you need them whether you ask or not. They will even stand between you and one who would try and censure you for exercising your right to free speech, even though you don't support them.

You need to separate the military from the Administration. The Administration decided the course our country is on, not the military, even the President last night said the military is not to blame for the course we are on, he is and he alone (paraphrased). Even though some may forget, the military executed the orders given it, that had the support of the US Congress and a UN resolution.

Excuse me, but I was in the Army too, okay? I almost went to the Korean DMZ in MI during active duty and after that Panama while in the active reserves. I dont go around boasting about how I was defending anyone's freedoms, or anything else for that matter. I joined the Army, was a part of what was going on at the time, and thats the end of it. I got my paycheck, benefits, and Im content with that.

The military is not to blame for involvement with Iraq, right they have to take orders, however boasting about it is another story altogether. Saying things like "you are fighting for my rights in Iraq" is ridiculous, what does Iraq have to do with anyone's rights here?

And Ill say it again, I dont need anyone but myself fighting for my rights. What point are you trying to make here, that I am too much of a pussy to fight for myself? So I need someone in the military to do it for me?

I am capable of fighting my own battles. I do not need, or want, anyone in the military to do that for me.

Did I need someone in the military to start this thread?

If you feel you can stand up alone, please try.

No problem, be more than happy to. But it wont be in Iraq, it will be in the place where my rights are being denied....right here.

you are absolutely right, perjury over a blowjob is much more serious than incompetence resulting in the death of tens of thousands.

I mean, one is about sex, which we all know is bad. The other is about killing people, which we all know is good.

You miss their point. They don't mean that it's WORSE. In fact, they know it's not related at all.

They simply want you to be distracted by talk about Clinton -- ANYTHING about Clinton -- instead of Bush.

Why? Because talk about Bush embarasses them. They're reawwy reawwy upset -- poor things.

Oh, very well put, VERY well put.

Ive noticed that, every time you say something about Bush, you hear all about Clinton.

So why is it that, when you say something about Clinton, you never hear about Bush? Hardly seems fair.

Kudos to your service. Seriously, good for you, but more the US, we benefit from your service.

But now I am even more befuddled. I would think you would know what an insult your post was to me (and I am guessing, others who serve too).

I made no claim of your "manliness" and have no qualm with your "toughness".

I can see where you misunderstood the second paragraph of my post as "your rights in Iraq", I did not mean to infer that. I meant rights over all.

I am proud of my time in the Army. I can feel the "greater sum" over the "lesser of one", in being a part of a Team who strives to do right and succeed in all it is faced with doing.

If you wish to stand alone, go right on ahead, I wont stop you, it is your right to do so.

I agree your rights are more in jeopardy right now in California than they are in Iraq. No, I am not being sarcastic.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I agree your rights are more in jeopardy right now in California than they are in Iraq.

I thnk that is the thing that hurts me more than anything else as it does other vets... for those of us who raised our hands and swore to defend the constitution... it hurts to see those that certainly do not hold that document in very high esteem... do so much to undermine it.:(

we benefit from your service

No, you didnt benefit from it, I benefited from it. I got a job during a recession while everyone else was out of work, I got a place to live, what I considered good food every day, and a paycheck. Then, I got VA benefits which paid for college.

If I had been smart enough, I would have gone air traffic controller, gotten free training, and came out with a backup career field that is recession proof.

The benefits of the Army go to the ones who join it. Military training pumps more skilled workers into the economy and give those who are otherwise financially disadvantaged a chance to succeed.

I made no claim of your "manliness" and have no qualm with your "toughness".

With all the propaganda on TV about how women with three kids are "fighting for my rights" (so I should feel like a big pussy and feel ashamed of myself because women are having to fight for my rights), it sure sounds like it. Its not just what you said, its all over the media. And I really am getting tired of hearing about it.

I agree your rights are more in jeopardy right now in California than they are in Iraq. No, I am not being sarcastic.

And now youre California bashing?

Im originally from the south myself, moved here from AZ several years ago. And I can tell you, Californians are the greatest people I have ever been around. From what I have seen, the majority of them dont accept mediocre in their life, they always strive to be better and do better.

I dont see any rights here being compromised, as a matter of fact its just the opposite. You show me any other place where environmental groups will stand up against self interests to protect public resources as much as they do here. What rights are being compromised, Id like to know? California does more to protect the rights of the public than any other place Ive ever lived in.

As far as the state flag inscription, "California Repulic", being from the south I tend to have to agree wholeheatedly with that. The rest of this country doesnt deserve to have this great of a state in its union.

What rights are being compromised, Id like to know? California does more to protect the rights of the public than any other place Ive ever lived in.

Boy that's easy. I'll start it off with the 2nd Amendment. Severly compromised in Kalifornia
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

I agree your rights are more in jeopardy right now in California from this Administration, and other politicians who apparently cant read the Constitution they have sworn to uphold (edit mine to agree with your statement)than they are in Iraq.

I thnk that is the thing that hurts me more than anything else as it does other vets... for those of us who raised our hands and swore to defend the constitution... it hurts to see those that certainly do not hold that document in very high esteem... do so much to undermine it.:(

indeed.

never mistake the lack of support for a ill conceived mission by ignorant, unbloodied leadership, for a lack of support for the common soldier who is left holding the responsibility for its execution.

Soldiers follow orders, Politicians give them. The two rarely exist in the same universe.