yjumpinoz

Do you believe in sin?

>What words do you think he hasn't spoke that are attribute dto him?

"On this account I, or rather the Lord, beseech you as Christ's heralds to publish this everywhere and to persuade all people of whatever rank, foot-soldiers and knights, poor and rich, to carry aid promptly to those Christians and to destroy that vile race from the lands of our friends."

Oh, I see. I thought he meant "red letter" words from the Bible.

DSE, were you referring to prophets, popes and preachers? If so, I agree whole heartedly. Too much has been attributed toJC in the name of power, prestige and popularity.

steveOrino

>What words do you think he hasn't spoke that are attribute dto him?

"On this account I, or rather the Lord, beseech you as Christ's heralds to publish this everywhere and to persuade all people of whatever rank, foot-soldiers and knights, poor and rich, to carry aid promptly to those Christians and to destroy that vile race from the lands of our friends."

Oh, I see. I thought he meant "red letter" words from the Bible.

DSE, were you referring to prophets, popes and preachers? If so, I agree whole heartedly. Too much has been attributed toJC in the name of power, prestige and popularity.

Nope. I'm referring to the added words in the bible. In another thread, I provided several links both Christian and non-Christian, that clearly show new additions to the Bible. Some are attributed to Jesus, although the words attributed didn't show up until 500 years following his death.
By way of example:
For I say to you, Until the heavens and the earth pass away, in no way shall pass away one iota or one point from the Law, until all things come to pass.'- -Matthew 5:18
Attributed to Christ, but never spoken by Christ according to several biblical researchers. The apologists suggest "This is what Christ *meant* to say."
With literally hundreds of versions of the bible since the origins of the various books, and the significant additions and edits to the books later compiled as what is now known as the Bible, how can anyone have any accurate idea of what was done or said at the time? Not only is it illogical, it's impossible.
I'm sure faith has an excuse, however.
[edit to add] I don't know what "red-letter words" are, the bible in my hotel room doesn't have red letters anywhere in it. It's a King James bible, FWIW.

Perhaps I should have also ended my post like you, Steve.

Jesus, save me from the hypocrites that say they are your followers, and yet are willing to accept someone under Satanic influence who says that you died in vain.

Teach them, Lord, to stand firm for you, for what you did for mankind, and not let them be swayed to accept anything Satan directs them to.

>Jesus, save me from the hypocrites that say they are your followers . . .

"You might recoil at such a suggestion,but the Bible does not ( CANNOT ) lie. Everything I have stated above, WILL come to pass, and George W Bush will NEVER finish his second term.

Sucn nuclear devastation will take many millions of lives, , and as well as being stated clearly in God's WORD, it is coded together with many other aspects of what I have stated herein. Each aspect reinforces the other, and it will be a matter of a very short time before you will see it for yourselves.

All coded references and details as written in the Bible point to 2006 as the year. . . "

Perhaps I should have also ended my post like you, Steve.

Jesus, save me from the hypocrites that say they are your followers, and yet are willing to accept someone under Satanic influence who says that you died in vain.

Teach them, Lord, to stand firm for you, for what you did for mankind, and not let them be swayed to accept anything Satan directs them to.

If you are referring that to me -- you should explain. BTW, mine was directed toward you.

EDITED TO ADD: Upon further reading your post I think I see what you are saying. I "think" you are saying Kris is under Satan's influence and I accept her. If that is what you are saying, then you are right. At least about me. As far as Kris and Satanic influence, I'll leave the demon casting to you. I believe as Paul said we do not fight gainst flesh and blood but against powers and authorities. Kris is not the one you should be attacking and trying to embarass.

steveOrino

You don't believe in sin

You do believe in mistakes.

Jesus Christ was crucified and suffered a horrible death on the cross to pay for the sins of the world. Your statement, in denying that there is indeed sin in this world, is about as blasphemous as one can possibly get, suggesting that God had His Son, the Living WORD of God, killed for nothing.

You believe in mistakes....and you've just made the biggest mistake possible.

I recall once you told me that you felt God's arm around you as you climbed to altitude, and then later said that feeling wasnt there any more.

Its not hard to figure out why its not there, when you blaspheme God by saying His Son died for nothing.

Bill Cole

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her", KJV, John 8:7

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Okay, I'm gonna go rape a bunny rabbit.

That is just wrong on every level. My doG will smite you! If not he just might give you a nasty bite or possibly just hump your leg. Either way he has your number and plans to dial it often.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

[edit to add] I don't know what "red-letter words" are, the bible in my hotel room doesn't have red letters anywhere in it. It's a King James bible, FWIW.

Some versions of the bible are called "Red Letter" and they have all the words of Jesus printed in red while the rest is in black.

>edited to add: I think that most people do right naturally, unless
> something screws 'em up along the way. I believe that we, by
> nature, do the things that enable us to survive. I think that we have
> come to regard those things as "good" for the most part.

I don't think that's true. If you're male, beating/killing off potential competiton for mates is (evolutionarily) a good thing. Keeping all the apples for your family is a good thing. Heck, rape is a good thing - again, speaking purely in terms of evolution.

Since we've gotten intelligent enough to form societies, we've learned that certain evolutionary drives (jealousy, greed, lust) have some bad consequences for society when we express them as murder, gluttony, or rape. So we pass laws against them.

Overall, I think that about half the "built in" drives are for things we consider good, and about half are for things we consider bad. Our intelligence lets us decide which of those drives to express, which to supress, and which to sublimate into something more useful to society.

I think that's right. By "us" I mean we as a society....or as people. Some actions that may seem to benefit an individual at others' expense is bad for us as a whole....and so we've come to regard things like rape and murder as wrong. I think we evolve morally similarly to how we evolve physically.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

think that's right. By "us" I mean we as a society....or as people. Some actions that may seem to benefit an individual at others' expense is bad for us as a whole....and so we've come to regard things like rape and murder as wrong. I think we evolve morally similarly to how we evolve physically.

So, how far back in time did all of this get figured out?

Shouldn't somebody let today's criminals know that we've evolved beyond such behavior?[:/]

I posted this in the "Honest Questions for God" thread. I wanted to also post it in the other "current" religious threads here. I think it's that important.

Wow Folks!!!

I wish everyone here would watch this entire video of a sermon by Paul Washer (Missionary) at a youth conference with 5000 kids. There is a 4 min sample but it would be well worth your time to watch the 58 min one. I'm sure most here won't but I'd challenge you to. Especially those claiming to be Christians. I warn you in advance. This is heavy lifting. Whew!!!

- Are you a genuine Christian?
- Are you born again?
- How do you know you're not going to hell?
- Did you just pray and confess Jesus as Lord and think you were saved? Satan confesses Jesus as Lord. - Does your life give representation of change?
- Are you bearing good fruit because of Christ who is in you?
- How do you know if someone is a false prophet?
- Direct application to all the televangelists and leaders in Christian organizations who have been caught in scandals showing themselves to be hypocrites living in patterns of sin.

Is this fundamentalism or is it what EVERY Christian should profess and do if they are sincere in their faith and are not themselves hypocrites???

This guy is a Soldier for Christ! He is a spiritual athlete! Wow!

If you're interested, go to the Way of the Master Radio site and scroll down a little less than half way down the page. The videos are on the left.

Jay

>So, how far back in time did all of this get figured out?

About the time we developed this little thing called civilization.

> Shouldn't somebody let today's criminals know that we've evolved
>beyond such behavior?

Our behavior has evolved; our drives haven't. Any guy who has been through puberty knows that we have drives to do some bad things. Unfortunately, some people listen to those drives instead of their higher intellect.

Is this fundamentalism or is it what EVERY Christian should profess and do if they are sincere in their faith and are not themselves hypocrites???

According to whom?

First thing I saw on this site were things for sale. What a turn off...

According to whom?

God.

First thing I saw on this site were things for sale. What a turn off...

Didn't search too deep, did you? There is nothing wrong with making money for your ministery and to pay your people what they deserve. As was said in the video (which you obviously did not watch), you will know them by their fruits.

> Shouldn't somebody let today's criminals know that we've evolved
>beyond such behavior?

Our behavior has evolved; our drives haven't. Any guy who has been through puberty knows that we have drives to do some bad things. Unfortunately, some people listen to those drives instead of their higher intellect.

Sounds like the evolutionary process is rather erratic. Maybe that's why we need such things as guilt to keep some people on the straight and narrow.

>Sounds like the evolutionary process is rather erratic.

Not at all. But it selects for people that survive, not people who are good. Genghis Khan was, evolutionarily speaking, extraordinarily successful. So are people on welfare with 12 kids. The couple who has two kids and saves to send them to college? Not as successful, at least from an evolutionary perspective.

>Maybe that's why we need such things as guilt to keep some people
>on the straight and narrow.

Judging by the number of criminals out there, I don't think guilt is doing such a good job either.

Don't misunderstand me. From my world view, God determines the bull's eye; I simply noted that others do not always agree with my world view. ;)

1 John 3:4

Yes, sin is lawlessness, but it more than that. JC helped us redine sin with his interpretations of Jewish moral codes that were more strict (as in lusting was as bad as adultery)

I thought he said if your eyes cause you to sin it is better to pluck them out?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I was more curious of the atheists and agnostics thoughts on sin.

Sin does not have to be tied to god or religion. You can be an atheist, and still "sin".

Definition

Note the part about "moral law".

What is moral law? I mean what is a societial norm in one culture is highly offensive/ unacceptable in another. In the east it is offensive to point the soles of you feet at someone in the US no problem. (very minor example but you get what I mean I think)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

[chuteless] Do you believe in sin?
--------------------------------------
Believe in it ? I PERFECTED IT !:P

*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

If you were to quote a posting like the one I made long ago, you will find that I said " Coded references and details point to 2006 as the year, but (if not) it will definitely take place before the end of Bush's 2nd term in late 2008.

For your information, there are three separate references in God's WORD to the USA being brought down before Bush's term ends. There are other references also to the USA being brought down, without relating to Bush's term.

Since that posting, there has been found numerous additional details that reflect the same thing, and they form a binding link to the end of the USA.

Try getting your facts straight Billvon,

It is going to take place, and if you have a modicum of intellect, you could see it in the way the USA is selling itself off to other nations, they are mortgaged to the hilt to Japan and China, and the Islamic world is bent on the total destruction of the United States.

Your nation cannot even defend its own borders. You have more corruption and evil in your nation that should be allowed on earth.

Its reminsicent of the Roman empire, but the fall of the USA will be much harder.

Do you think the wild murderers of that pagan Islamic religion are joking?

The Bible says it is the Islamic people who will bring about the demise of your country, and its just a matter of them getting the right nuclear tools.....and I'll bet they already have them.

Once they have done their worst to your coiuntry, then comes the takeover by four other nations. Your
UNITED States will have become UNTIED, along with the UNITED Nations, the modern day Tower of Babel.

Wake up, lad.

Bill Cole

I believe there's such a thing as sin. Personally I am a believer, so my belief is that sin is rebelling against God, along with the "falling short of the mark" definition others have mentioned.

I would think that even agnostic or athiest types would have some kind of a notion of "natural law" or code of ethics they would hold themselves to. There simply are those things we cannot do without being held accountable, even if the courst and the system never catch up with us. And that's the problem some people have with sin, the idea that they are ultimately accountable for what they do and never completely free to act just any way they please.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !