Andy9o8

God is channeling thru Pat Robertson again

Covering your embarassment at being caught in a lie by attacking me as a nazi?

Caught in a lie? WTF are you talking about?

I openly admit that I misread Kallend's last post and mistakenly thought he meant all people who work in medicine when he wrote medical practitioners. My bad. :$

Caught in a lie? BULLSHIT!!!

Anyway, it's a nothing point. Quite different from people completely distorting a point and making an unrelated reply.

I'm amazed you'd dare show your avatar in this thread again, but you did and stooped even lower.

Unless... could it be you don't know what a physician is? I'll tell you what you can choose.

Dumb or mendacious, which is it? No editing after you decide what you you were thinking this time though.

There's that thread nazi schtick, again. A smug one, to boot. How cute.

This has devolved from an intelligent discussion into an unintelligent discussion

yet it started with Pat Robertson, so I'm even surprised that it started with any momentum

Douva for Greenie

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Matthew 24:11: "And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."

Revelation 9:17 - "But when true prophecies are heard throughout the land, gather up thy duct tape and plastic sheeting to gird thy family against the horses resembling the heads of lions, whence out of their mouths come fire, smoke and sulfur."

You know, if you actually addressed the implications of the studies I brought up, instead dancing around them, you might have a point. If only.

I did. I dismissed as valueless and explained why.

First, they aren't studies, they are polls. Statistically invalid polls. Attached is a chart that shows the relationship between pirates and global warming. It is just as valuable.

Second, the basis for discussion is reasoning about facts. Just because someone else said so, does not make something true. The facts supporting their opinion may lend credibility if the facts are provided.

You readily accept the opinions of people as fact when the opinions were merely formed by the same information that you got from the society around you. That does give a lot of support for your sheep analogy.

Way to miss the point. your previous post was all about mocking the intellect and reasoning abilities of Christians. All I did was show that two groups (doctors and scientists), who are thought to have superior intelligence and reasoning abilities, are mostly religious and believe in a higher power.

And here's another survey that concludes the exact opposite.

Our latest survey finds that, among the top natural scientists, disbelief is greater than ever — almost total.

Nature, Vol. 394, No. 6691, p. 313 (1998)