fudd

Europeans should send troups to the US !

This statement by AnnasSkies in another thread about Saddams execution spawned some reactions. Since it has (almost) nothing to do with the execution it deserves it's own thread.

"I could name lots of other dictators... And the best example is Bush... I think we Europeans should send troups to the US to take out Bush, he is a dangerous man..."

It takes the point of view to the extreme, but it should be noted that from our point of view here on the other side of the point it doesn't seem that crazy.

Of course we know the US isn't a dictatorship, but it seems like alarmingly many citizens of the US doesn't care too much about participating in the democracy. That is a problem that is not unique to the US, but a trend for much of the western world.

I also really hope the world doesn't come to a point where Europe sends troops to restore democracy in the US. The statement is about as serious as the US sending troops to invade France.

What worries us "non-americans" is that the US line of foreign policies are beginning to be a threath to global stabililty and peace. The course of action taken and the "War on terror" is polarizing the world and setting peace processes back decades. When the war on Afghanistan begun, I wasn't thrilled, but it had the backing of the UN. It was a war with the right intentions, but for the wrong reasons. (Reason: the need to strike back because of 9/11. The intention: to restore/create democracy and human rights in Afghanistan.)

Iraq was another animal. the US did not have the backing of the UN, but went along anyway and the ultimatium was "You are either with us or against us". So when i.e. Norway didn't want to back your invation, the US decleared us an enimy. That's really not a nice way to go around. Take a look of who supported the invation in the first place. Maybe it would have been right to hold on a little while before letting arrogance get in the way.

The US economy is big, and what happens to it impacts the rest of the world. My suspicion is that the hidden agenda for the war in Iraq has a lot to do with keeping US dollars as the currency needed to buy oil and less to do with WMDs and Al-Quaida. If the nations of the world wouldn't need dollars to buy their oil, what would happend to the US economy? It might be a real danger that it would collapse. :o, While the growing anti americanism here in Europe makes us more and more think that the US would deserve it, the world wouldn't be better off, as it would impact the world economy and security to much. Balance would be shifted, and I really don't trust that Russia and China is the best nations to provide world peace yet.

What the world need is a US that strives for peace, justice and tolerance. Not a US that declares "Axis of evil" and aggressivly goes to war on anyone who has another point of view.

So when europeans want's to send troops to the US it's because we worry that corporate america is running things a little bit more than the democracy. Capitalism threathens democracy as the huge corporations get more and more politcal powers. There must be balance.

It's really sad that the world has turned towards more polarization. People need to wake up and focus more on solutions.

There is a lot of things I'm not to found of with US culture that are invading us. I could do without McDonalds, Coca Cola and tacky reality tv-shows.

The irony is that while I dislike the big US corporations and the current style of government, all the people from the US that I meet are open. friendly, understanding and nice.

And just to prove that the war in Iraq is totally wrong.: How many skydives a day does the war in Iraq cost? There a lot of C-130s over there that can be put to much better use :P

I think the idea that the Europeans should send troops over here to overthrow the USA should be seriously discussed. In fact, they should go to the UN & pass a resolution. And then they should discuss it some more, and then maybe pass another resolution, and discuss it some more.

;) Guess what? I'm not too worried!!:D:D:D:D
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Yes, I love it when is all good to start a US bash thread based on removing a "US dictator" (a false fact), and make it sound civilized and see them get pissy or touchy when you infere that Europe should be a beacon of "enlightenment" based on a great tract record (clearly forgetting the centuries of wars, kingdoms, enslavery of most of the world, like Asia, in the Americas, and the 2 world wars, etc). Yes, an example to be followed....
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Yes, I agree with everything in your post, your statements are pretty much accurate. Let us all hope European nations dont come to the point of having to take out Bush and his evil cohorts, I sincerely hope there is still enough people left in this country with half a brain that will do the job. The Democrats have overrun Congress and are in the process of bring allegations against the Bush administration, so there is a light still left on at the end of the tunnel.

Overrun?:S Is that why the sweat started popping out on their foreheads when one guy has a stroke? They were more concerned about whether they could wheel his hospital bed in to make a vote than about his health.

Dont give up on America yet, not all of us are arrogant, selfish, greedy dumbasses straight off of the farm.

No, some are arrogant, selfish, greedy, elitist, city slickers who would starve to death if they actually had to fend for themselves on a daily basis.

I opened this thread thinking that some people wanted a European base set up in the states for...whatever reason, who knows.

Then I read the thread.

Do people actually think like this? Do they actually think it could be accomplished? Or is it just a thought that Bush haters speak about when they are all pissy? Was this person thinking of a Special ops sting on just Bush, and they superimpose whoever they think should lead? Do they think the US government would just let this happen without retaliating against whatever country decided to do this? Or do they think the European union should form all their militaries together and attack the states?

I would seriously like to hear from anyone that actually thinks it could happen. I would like to hear what they think the consequences would be to whatever country decided to do this, and to world economics.

Lets hope that the world doesn't come to this radical way of thinking. I don't know if anyone realizes this, but you are talking WW3 in this thread. You think the thousands of people suffering in a far off land is wrong and depressing, just imagine what you will think once your family is holed up in your house with little to no food, wondering when the next bombs will fall.

Some of you may think I'm exagerating, but think about it. If another superpower where to attack your leader, no matter if you like him or not, would you accept this and just move on? What about if they attacked your sovergn land? I seriously doubt if anyone on this forum or any other would just accept another country attacking their government with a military hand. And one thing everyone should remember...every John and Jane Doe in this country has a right to own firearms and make themselves very well armed.

This thread has opened my eyes to just how naive some people can be. If someone thinks this could seriously be pulled off without major consequences to the world...that person/people is gravely mistaken.

It is one thing to say you don't agree with the current President, it is quite another to declare war on him (including the country with which he is charged)...and that is what is being proposed.
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil...For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
SR-71 hangar entrance sign at Kadena AFB, Japan

Not to put too fine a point on things, but could you please tell me which European country has had a government longer than the U.S.?

Yes, yes, countries have kept the same names . . . France, England, Germany . . . but have their governments actually been intact for as long as say . . . 200 years?

France? Well, clearly no.
Germany? No.
England? Uh . . . no.

Schwitzerlaaaand :)
a bit more than 700 years old, but you're right, we're not European:|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM