Skyrad

British kids are chubby fuc*ers!

What should be done to get these little chubby buggers fit so they don't bankrupt the NHS? think compulsory fat boot camp for the little chubbers is a good way to go

Forced labor camps for children, and re-education camps for adults.

Now there's a great idea.

I think I've heard of these things somewhere before...

And it worked didn't it! If Hitler had stopped before invading Poland he most likely would have made Time magazine man of the year two years in a row instead of just once. Now clearly I'm not advocating Nazi doctrine or policy but I'd like to see the health pandemic of Obesity related disease stopped while we can still make a difference. When you have children who are 12-13 who weigh 20 Stones then (With the exception of real medical conditions) that is child abuse. Child abuse should be stopped or would you rather turn a blind eye and make like an ostrich (as opposed to a Johnrich:P)
Remember, in this country WE pay for those peoples healthcare.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

Yes Kallend we all know that the fact that you have never seen a day of hard labor in your life makes you a far superior being than everyone who actually breaks a sweat at work, but do you have to take every opportunity to belittle people?>:(

Its a cultral joke from the UK about working class people from mining communities in the north, no need for a PA on the Prof.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Remember, in this country WE pay for those peoples healthcare.

Isn't that the mentality and the downside of socialized govt?

Don't worry about it. It's paid for.

It is human nature to do the least amount of work as possible.

I never have to tell myself that it's time to sit down and rest for the remainder of the evening.

I do have to go through a mental drill to put my running shoes on and do 5 miles.

Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

Yes Kallend we all know that the fact that you have never seen a day of hard labor in your life makes you a far superior being than everyone who actually breaks a sweat at work, but do you have to take every opportunity to belittle people?>:(

I propose mandatory humour boot camps for those who are unaware of the history of comedy;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

geez, are there still people out there who can't recognize a Monty Python quote when they see it??:D:D
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I really believe in letting kids go out and run around, get off the internet, and burn off the calories. But then there're too many risky things out there that parents worry about. :S

Really? Name three risks that exist now that didn't exist when you were a kid.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I really believe in letting kids go out and run around, get off the internet, and burn off the calories. But then there're too many risky things out there that parents worry about. :S

I wasn't saying there are (I thought the italics and emoticon would indicate my sarcasm in the last post.)

My point with that is many parents these days worry about their kid getting hurt on a playground. So physical activities are reduced, lest there be a chance of the kids getting an owwy. Case in point is the recent school ban of "tag" in many schools, because kids may get hurt. When I first read about this in the local paper, the next page had an article on how kids need more physical exercise, such as *gasp* more running around!

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

1 - Getting run over by someone misjudging the swoop of their fully cross braced elliptical canopy
2 - Pummeled to death by hand with a 100Gig hard drive
3 - Choking on a moon rock

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Agreed...its certainly easier to sit than it is to go out and run.
Having said that even, I dont beleive its true for everyone.

Heres the thing. You dont need to be a regular runner to stay in shape. You can happily spend every night of your life on the internet and not get fat.

Putting more food in your body, than your body is burning up, is what makes you fat. Its simple mathematics. Keep adding without any subtraction; youll get bigger numbers.

Sit on the net all night and drink water, youll not put on any weight. Why? Because your burning up calories just by sitting there respirating - just by being alive. So your happily in balance.

If you sit at the net / playstation all night stuffing your face with crisps and chocolate or pizza and beer then your adding more than your taking away = fat turd.

All these diet fads and articles are a load of crap. Stick to the simple Ollie rule...dont keep adding if your not subtracting and you wont turn into a lard bucket. Is it hard? Is it fuck.

I sympathise with those making an effort to loose weight. Its tough to shed weight, it takes hard work and the fat can be really stubborn to move. But once you've got to a weight your happy with its pretty simple to stay there. All you need is a pair of scales and some common sense.

Kids of course wont bother checking their weight. They are like pets; you feed them, they will eat. So I think the parents are basically being abusive. It is clearly their responsibility if the kids wind up overweight.

And they should be made into human candles (refer to earlier post):P

I wasn't saying there are (I thought the italics and emoticon would indicate my sarcasm in the last post.)

My point with that is many parents these days worry about their kid getting hurt on a playground. So physical activities are reduced, lest there be a chance of the kids getting an owwy. Case in point is the recent school ban of "tag" in many schools, because kids may get hurt. When I first read about this in the local paper, the next page had an article on how kids need more physical exercise, such as *gasp* more running around!

My mistake. I didn't catch the sarcasm. I've heard several people make comments in these forums lately about how much more dangerous it is for kids these days and how it's no longer safe for kids to roam free outside, the way they once could. Such statements are completely unsupported by the facts.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

When you have children who are 12-13 who weigh 20 Stones then that is child abuse. Child abuse should be stopped. Remember, in this country WE pay for those peoples healthcare.

I don't believe that this gives you the right to force people into labor camps "for their health".

If this is what nationalized health care leads to, then I'm doing everything I can to prevent Hillary from becoming president.

Maybe you should just make people pay for their own health care, when it's caused by their own poor choices. That seems a lot less radical than forced labor camps.

Oh yeah, and that would mean that when you're injured skydiving, that you'll have to pay to mend yourself. Why should the public have to pay for your choice to engage in a high risk sport?

Maybe they should put skydivers in those labor camps too, to keep them from engaging in the dangerous practice of jumping out of airplanes.

My mistake. I didn't catch the sarcasm. I've heard several people make comments in these forums lately about how much more dangerous it is for kids these days and how it's no longer safe for kids to roam free outside, the way they once could. Such statements are completely unsupported by the facts.

No problem. :)
I lean towards blaming things like the internet and other media for the fear. If one person in the world has a boo-boo doing something, within seconds it's all over the news and there's an outcry to ban the activity. It seems with all of the advances in technology and knowledge, we've become more paranoid of the world, instead of more comfortable in it.

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

To be fair, I started it, and it was meant to be funny, not belittling.

They're both direct quotes from a Monty Python skit, which I highly recommend if you haven't seen it before.
transcript

My apologies then, I used to watch Motny Python quite a bit but never caught that one, sorry I got so worked up everyone.;)

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower