Andy9o8

Six Muslim Clerics Removed from USAir Flight for Praying

>I was just pointing out that the evidence Dekker gave wasn't in itself proof.

Like I said - I agree.

>Just curious if you have ever spent any time with anyone involved in CIA Intel.

If you did - would you say so on a public board?

Sure, I know several people who are with the CIA and Army Intel. They aren't going to discuss anything specific, but the generalities involved including reverse-psychologies, guilt by association, exploitation of political and religious differences, card stacking and hidden messages techniques are interesting.

-

They were doing alot more then praying. Listen to the eyewitnesses report of the other people on the plane. Notes were not handed to stewerdess because they were praying, there was alot of strange behavior going on. They were muslim, so do you want to take the risk, considering whats going on in the world, Or wait till something happens. You dont go on an any airline in todays world, whether your are white, black, brown, jew, catholic or muslim and act suspiciously..... You get in, sit down, obey the rules and shut up and fly..............

and wait for them slow ass stews to bring you your drink[:/]

>This was clearly something more than six men praying.

Of course - it was six arab men praying. This would not have occurred had the six men been catholic priests; that's the major differentiator.

The major "differentiator" was that, in addition to merely praying, they did it in a loud manner (which would obviously attract attention) and voiced anti-American sentiments, they disregarded their seat assignments, instead choosing seats similar to 9/11 hijackers, which would make controlling a plane easier and asked for an un-needed seatbelt extension.

Nothing suspicious here, folks. Move along. :S

I find it hard to believe so many people think the behavior of those men wouldn't (justifiably) cause major concerns from passengers and flight personel.

Interesting that you think Anti War is Anti American, I thought America grew out of that a three years ago.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

If 19 Catholics had hi-jacked planes and flown them into buildings killing over 3000 people in the name of Jesus Christ, I'd be willing to bet that later if 6 Catholic Preists were praying in an airport terminal praising Jesus Christ, they might have received the same treatment as these 6 Imams got.

By that logic, any Catholic priest (especially one with a brogue) caught praying at Heathrow airport in the 1970s would have been spirited off to the Tower of London. (Or wherever the hell they stretch people on the rack in the UK)

We don't put people on the rack in the UK, we give them to the Americans who put them on rendition flights to former Soviet states where they are boiled alive in the name of democracy and freedom.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>Based on what you've read about this incidendent, do you think the
> passengers and flight crew were completely unjustified about being
> alarmed by the behavior of these six men?

Is their fear understandable? Yes; a lot of people nowadays are afraid of arabs, especially muslims who are particularly religious.

Was the action taken (arrest and questioning) appropriate? I don't think so.

Take this example. A scruffy black man is seen late at night in a terminal. The cops in the airport have seen blacks commit far more crimes than whites in the terminal.

Appropriate action - ask him if he has a ticket and ID. If he is indeed there for a flight, no problem. If he's not - perhaps further action is warranted.

Inappropriate action - arrest him for being in the terminal, because he's black and scary and because blacks commit all the crimes.

Now, if this black man was also regaling the cops with anti-american speeches, then he should know better; that's not appropriate behavior when a cop asks you for something. That still does not justify his being arrested.

So, if you were on that plane and witnessed all the goings on, you would have been indifferent?

Using your logic all Londoners should be freaking out everytime we see a blackman or Asian carrying a rucksac getting onto a tubetrain. Pull the emergency cord and demand their removal from the train. But we don't maybe becasue this is a far more tolerant and cultraly educated society than in most of the US.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

As of 2006, the United States accepts more legal immigrants as permanent residents than the rest of the world combined. While this alone doesn't prove GM's claim, it does shed some light on it.

The USA is the third largest nation in terms of population too. How does the immigration look on a per-capita basis?

Compared to the rest of the world, US immigration is twentyfold greater...on a per capita basis. ;)

We don't put people on the rack in the UK, we give them to the Americans who put them on rendition flights to former Soviet states where they are boiled alive in the name of democracy and freedom.

So, what you're saying is.. you approve of the practice, but you're too spineless to actually do it yourself. Kind of a cowardly brutality. What a charming mix.

So, if you were on that plane and witnessed all the goings on, you would have been indifferent?

Using your logic all Londoners should be freaking out everytime we see a blackman or Asian carrying a rucksac getting onto a tubetrain. Pull the emergency cord and demand their removal from the train. But we don't maybe becasue this is a far more tolerant and cultraly educated society than in most of the US.

I really can't say anything more to you if you see this situtation the same as a "blackman" or Asian carrying a rucksac getting onto a tubetrain.

This situation involved a combination of actions that together caused people to become concerned. Posters dismissing singular aspects of it, while ignoring the overall picture come across as being disagreeable for it's own sake. That, or they just don't get it.

BTW Is the term "blackman" a product of your "cultraly educated society"?

So, what you're saying is.. you approve of the practice, but you're too spineless to actually do it yourself. Kind of a cowardly brutality. What a charming mix.

Where did I say I approve of it? Anyway don't knock cowardly brutality without it you'd be speaking Soux.:P
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I really can't say anything more to you if you see this situtation the same as a "blackman" or Asian carrying a rucksac getting onto a tubetrain.

This situation involved a combination of actions that together caused people to become concerned. Posters dismissing singular aspects of it, while ignoring the overall picture come across as being disagreeable for it's own sake. That, or they just don't get it.

In case you didn't hear it was several blackmen and Asians that got onto tube trains and blew themselves and many others to bits on July 7th. So the comparison is appropriate seeing as they carried the explosives in rucksacs. As for the term Blackman it is the term used to describe blackmen, it also happens to be the term used by blackmen to describe themselves. You see in the UK we only describe a blackman as an African if they actually are African, I guess we're just a little more honest about these things.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

This is a newspaer for Black people by Black people, this is a link to the online edition, check out the headline...

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/business_achievers.php

The term in everyday usage by Black people....Put black into the search box.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/search/search.php
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Where did I say I approve of it?

I guess I just inferred it from your boastful "this is a far more tolerant and cultraly educated society than in most of the US."

Silly me. :$

Anyway don't knock cowardly brutality without it you'd be speaking Soux.:P

Where do you dream this stuff up?

What is "Soux"? Is that French?

. As for the term Blackman it is the term used to describe blackmen, it also happens to be the term used by blackmen to describe themselves.

Is it common in your "cultraly educated society" to use a given word when defining that same word. In the cultural, educational wasteland known as the United States of America, we tend to frown on such practices.

This is a newspaer for Black people by Black people, this is a link to the online edition, check out the headline...

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/business_achievers.php

The term in everyday usage by Black people....Put black into the search box.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/search/search.php

I did a search for "blackman". All the responses were for someone with the last name of blackman. I asked you about the term "blackman" because I thought it might just be a British thing. Considering your assertions of living in a "cultraly educated society", I didn't think it was a spelling error... especially since you've repeatedly posted the term.

Based on the search you recommended, it seems I was wrong on both counts.

"cultraly educated society"

This is now the 4th post in which you stuck that misspelling up his ass. Do you suppose you've made your point yet? Yep, he misspelled the word. There ya go.

I don't know.... I'm a big fan of irony. ;)

When it comes to butt-stabbing analogies.... not so much. [:/]

As of 2006, the United States accepts more legal immigrants as permanent residents than the rest of the world combined. While this alone doesn't prove GM's claim, it does shed some light on it.

The USA is the third largest nation in terms of population too. How does the immigration look on a per-capita basis?

Compared to the rest of the world, US immigration is twentyfold greater...on a per capita basis. ;)

Since you're "keepin' it real", how about using real data instead of fabricating it? According to the CIA factbook Australia and the UK both have a higher per-capita immigration rate than the USA.

The UK had 570,000 immigrants last year on a population of 60M. For the USA (pop. 300M) to exceed that rate by twentyfold as you claim, the US would have to have had 57 million immigrants last year. Very funny.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Since you're "keepin' it real", how about using real data instead of fabricating it? According to the CIA factbook Australia and the UK both have a higher per-capita immigration rate than the USA.

The UK had 570,000 immigrants last year on a population of 60M. For the USA (pop. 300M) to exceed that rate by twentyfold as you claim, the US would have to have had 57 million immigrants last year. Very funny.

I didn't claim the US immigration rate was 20 times greater than that of every individual country. How unexpected that a smart guy like yourself would distort my words. :D

Interesting that you think Anti War is Anti American, I thought America grew out of that a three years ago.

Hell I thought we got over that in 1975... guess we did not. Then again MOST of the guys running the show now were chickenhawks back then too....:S