Zipp0

America Bashing

Anyone else sick of it?

Yes, the present administration has made some poor choices and gotten us into some trouble, but the general bashing of America and the people is starting to irritate.

Anyone should be smart enough to see that the majority of Americans did not like where the country was headed, hence the recent elections. So chill with the bashing, OK?

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Can we still bash the French?:|

I stopped doing that a long time ago. It's just stupid, and they were pretty much right. Had we listened, we might not be in this mess.

And "Freedom Fries"? Please.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

>It's just stupid, and they were pretty much right. Had we listened, we might not be in this mess.

Details, details - we don't want to hear no stinkin details! We just want someone to bash, and the french fit the bill to a tee, those snooty baguette-eaters.

Anyone else sick of it?

Yes

Yes, the present administration has made some poor choices and gotten us into some trouble, but the general bashing of America and the people is starting to irritate.

It existed before him and will continue to persist after he is gone. he is just a very convenient red herring.

Anyone should be smart enough to see that the majority of Americans did not like where the country was headed, hence the recent elections. So chill with the bashing, OK?

People who bash you will see what they want to see. You simply will not be able to please certain people so don't waste the energy.

Stevorino hit the nail on the head with his sports team analogy. Just like everyone hates Bill gates regardless of what he does.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

When you are consistently leading the way and on top, people grow tired of you. Think of it in a sport analogy. How many people got tired of the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees?

No, then why do we bash the French? I guess they are on the top too,huh?

People bash America, both from within and without, but I think most are smart enough to blame the admins rather than the people. At the same time, who were the geniuses who elected and reelected the same bunch of criminals?

I think it's semantic to worry about who bashes us anyway, especially if it's true. WHat of the people who bashed us in teh 60's? Were they right? Kent State? Were they right? Civil War, was there bashing from all sides; were they right? I just don;t worry about the bashers, more about why theu're bashing.

On top? What makes you think that? Economically we've been heading south forever. We have a strong economy, but a false one, so I wouldn't be teh one saying we're so strong.

It existed before him and will continue to persist after he is gone. he is just a very convenient red herring.

Really? B4 Bush there was some Clinton bashing by the right in the US, but the rest if the world loved him. They were shocked about the impeachment for a BJ.

When your side is the side that is down, you tend to convolute the whole thing. TRuth is that history won't be kind to this current criminal.

People who bash you will see what they want to see. You simply will not be able to please certain people so don't waste the energy.

Yea, 8.5 T debt, Overtime Law, Ergonomics Bill, Wiretapping, etc...... We're just picky.:S

Stevorino hit the nail on the head with his sports team analogy. Just like everyone hates Bill gates regardless of what he does.

Really? Scandinavian countries really have few to no enemies and they have the best social systems and very littoe strife..... considered by many to be on top in many categories. No, we're the bully that punches the little guys and now we've been punching our own, so that is why the bashing and discontent.

When you are consistently leading the way and on top, people grow tired of you. Think of it in a sport analogy. How many people got tired of the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees?

No, then why do we bash the French? I guess they are on the top too,huh?

No, it is just too easy. Like beating up your little brother. ;)

steveOrino

Just like everyone hates Bill gates regardless of what he does.

Richards

I think Bill Gates is pretty cool!

His software sucks (okay, Word is pretty damn good), but his philanthropy is admirable.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Word is pretty damn good

Bullshit. WordPerfect is heads and tails above MS Word in quality. It's just that most people have Word now (the "industry standard" in the old DOS days used to be WordPerfect 5.1) because (a) it came bundled either with the software already downloaded onto new PC or PC-compatible computer, or with packages like MS Office, which includes Outlook, Excel, etc., and (b) Microsoft deliberately made converting between Word documents and WordPerfect documents difficult. Eventually, everyone had MS Word, and that was that. It was a deliberate strategy to smother WordPerfect and other competitors of Word. Microsoft didn't get sued for antitrust violations for no good reason, you know.

I've used both programs, a lot. MS Word is OK; I'd compare it to a basic, reliable family car like a Ford Taurus or Chevy Lumina – it'll get you there and back, but nothing fancy. WordPerfect is more like a finely-tuned, well-engineered BMW with plenty of useful, hi-tech options.

My strictly-anecdotal experience is that even though most corporations use MS Word, probably about 75% of law firms, which of course are heavily into text document production, use WordPerfect. That's no accident.

I remember in that movie a few years back about young Bill Gates (MS) and Steve Jobs (Apple) early in their careers, when an outraged Jobs complained to Gates, "Our product is better", to which Gates replied, "It doesn't matter."

P.S.:

his (Gates's) philanthropy is admirable.

Agreed.

Word is pretty damn good

Bullshit. WordPerfect is heads and tails above MS Word in quality. It's just that most people have Word now (the "industry standard" in the old DOS days used to be WordPerfect 5.1) because (a) it came bundled either with the software already downloaded onto new PC or PC-compatible computer, or with packages like MS Office, which includes Outlook, Excel, etc., and (b) Microsoft deliberately made converting between Word documents and WordPerfect documents difficult. Eventually, everyone had MS Word, and that was that. It was a deliberate strategy to smother WordPerfect and other competitors of Word. Microsoft didn't get sued for antitrust violations for no good reason, you know.

I've used both programs, a lot. MS Word is OK; I'd compare it to a basic, reliable family car like a Ford Taurus or Chevy Lumina – it'll get you there and back, but nothing fancy. WordPerfect is more like a finely-tuned, well-engineered BMW with plenty of useful, hi-tech options.

My strictly-anecdotal experience is that even though most corporations use MS Word, probably about 75% of law firms, which of course are heavily into text document production, use WordPerfect. That's no accident.

I remember in that movie a few years back about young Bill Gates (MS) and Steve Jobs (Apple) early in their careers, when an outraged Jobs complained to Gates, "Our product is better", to which Gates replied, "It doesn't matter."

P.S.:

his (Gates's) philanthropy is admirable.

Agreed.

Pirates of the Silicone Valley

He is a good guy but so many people hate him and I don't understand why.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Really? B4 Bush there was some Clinton bashing by the right in the US, but the rest if the world loved him. They were shocked about the impeachment for a BJ.

I'm not defending GWB. I'm simply saying that America bashing existed long before him. I am not attacking the left. I am simply saying that there has always been an element who have bashed the US regardless of what they did (including during the Clinton years) and while bush seemed to almost be a godsend to America bashers, they would have done it anyway.

When your side is the side that is down, you tend to convolute the whole thing. TRuth is that history won't be kind to this current criminal

Yea, 8.5 T debt, Overtime Law, Ergonomics Bill, Wiretapping, etc...... We're just picky.:S.***

I think we are talking apples and oranges. The discussion was america bashing and you are turning this into a democrat vs republican thing. The fact that he has done all those things may have added fuel to the fire but, that does not change the fact that anti-americanism existed long before him. I have relatives in the US who have come up here and been treated poorly when people found out they were Americans and that was long before Bush. The thread was aimed at the issue of people who just love to hate America. No-one here is defending the current administartion.

Really? Scandinavian countries really have few to no enemies and they have the best social systems and very littoe strife..... considered by many to be on top in many categories. No, we're the bully that punches the little guys and now we've been punching our own, so that is why the bashing and discontent.

But scandinavian countries do not have the power and influence that america does, and regardless of how you use that powere there will always be those who will criticise. I am not saying that is an excuse to act without consideration. I am just saying that there will always be a bunch of jackasses who will hate Americans regardless of who is running the country.

Richards

Anyone else sick of it?

Not at all.

The US govenment has spent the last 5 years decimating 2 nations.

It is responsible for the deaths of thousands and thousands of men women and children.

It has sponsored torture.

It holds peple without charge.

It violates peoples human rights and breaks the rules laid out in the GC.

And whilst doing all this it was re-elected.

The bashing is not enough. The administration should be strung and the idiots that voted for them sent for compulsory education in world affairs and banned from evet voting again.

Word is pretty damn good

Bullshit. WordPerfect is heads and tails above MS Word in quality. It's just that most people have Word now (the "industry standard" in the old DOS days used to be WordPerfect 5.1) because (a) it came bundled either with the software already downloaded onto new PC or PC-compatible computer, or with packages like MS Office, which includes Outlook, Excel, etc.

I haven't used WordPerfect since DOS 5.0, but Word was much better back then, hands down. Word has come a long way since then, and is still the best word processing app I've used.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

America bashing is more a form of common sense questioning stupidity. Americans 'generally' do not show common sense in thier decisions. This is from organised propoganda/brainwashing from the administratin and companies.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Are you Kidding? your technology is inefficient, your public sevices are third world and who gives a fuck about the cowboys or yankies exept texans and new yorkers?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Can we still bash the French?

at least the french can cook which is more than i can say for the americans, they tend to open two cans of whip ass on everybody in the skydiving world too is that why you hate them so much?

Just like everyone hates Bill gates regardless of what he does.

Richards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too, it was prety sharp of him to steal the operating system off Apple and change into the windows operating system, IBM thought there was no money in the operating systems at the time.

that was stupid.