WatchYourStep

Breast Feeding In Public

I've kept up with pumping mostly cause I'm too cheap to buy formula, but also because its best for her...

Good for you. I know how hard pumping constantly can be. My third was only 4 weeks early but her lungs weren't quite ready yet and she stayed in the nicu for about 10 days. I pumped and pumped and pumped. When she was off of the IV they would feed her my milk through the tube that went into her mouth to her stomach. I forgot what they called it. I remember the first time she was able to drink from the bottle. Her father was feeding her with my milk. You are amazing to have kept it up for so long.

Please tell me that YOU are joking! yuck. you serious? When a kid older than a baby is nursing there are some serious mental issues at work, on both the kid and the mother's part.

at what point does it become a pacifier for both the child and the mother?

done in private..no problem
babies..no problem
5/6 year old done in your face..disgusting and offensive to ALL

BUT FOLKS ARE TO SHOCKED TO SAY ANYTHING AND EVERYONE HOPES someone WOULD PASS ON JUST HOW OFFENSIVE THIS PRACTICE IS

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Somehow you think that people who prefer privacy and discretion are extreme prudes.

Actually, he's the prude. He gets offended if I try to squirt my milk on him which I will do if we're in the shower just to get him all grossed out.:ph34r: I'll also ask him if he needs milk in his coffee and whip out my boob which also makes him shudder. Granted I only whip it out in the privacy of our own home. ;)

if someone else wants to then I think it's their right.

I don't see anyone stating a personal opinion to take away the right of mom's to breastfeed their toddlers (read 2 or over, or not a baby anymore). Your 'personal' choice is to not feed past 2, so you are arguing with kitty where it seems you actually agree.

Just that it seems wrong in several ways as their personal opinion. I think over 18-24 months is also wrong. I wouldn't outlaw it, but I'd think they might have something wrong with them at that point. And that's my right. (I do not live in a famine area)

It's funny here in SC that if someone has a personal opinion against something everyone jumps on them as if they stated a position to outlaw the thing they disagree with........hee hee, that is funny

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's funny here in SC that if someone has a personal opinion against something everyone jumps on them as if they stated a position to outlaw the thing they disagree with........hee hee, that is funny

I think you took it the wrong way. But this is the internet...LOL :ph34r: I never suggested that anyone wanted to ban breastfeeding. Everyone has an opinion and that is cool and they differ and that is cool. It's what makes the world go round. ;)

I'm not a militant breastfeeder walking around with my tits hanging out while a five year old is suckling. I do shave my legs and my armpits as well.

I'm not a militant breastfeeder walking around with my tits hanging out while a five year old is suckling. I do shave my legs and my armpits as well.

I love Fridays on this site - everyone has a great sense of humor (compared to normal anyway). Give your kids a big smile for me.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm not a militant breastfeeder walking around with my tits hanging out while a five year old is suckling. I do shave my legs and my armpits as well.Damn. And I so wanted to see the video :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Please tell me that YOU are joking! yuck. you serious? When a kid older than a baby is nursing there are some serious mental issues at work, on both the kid and the mother's part.

babies..no problem

BUT FOLKS ARE TO SHOCKED TO SAY ANYTHING AND EVERYONE HOPES someone WOULD PASS ON JUST HOW OFFENSIVE THIS PRACTICE IS

Well this is the story...

Breast feeding is generally offensive to those who have some really dirty things to hide...

...so is gay marriage - the latest gay basher exposed paid for gay sex and meth at the same time. Of course he was above the las as he is a preacher. Then again with the male whore...you have to ask yourself, was he above or below?

Of course we all are sinfull, but at least I know I am going to hell and don't pretend othewise! If you are offended by a wonan's body, then go and smack your mother/daughter/sister/wife/neighbour in the face for being what they are...and please next time you pee next to me in a rest room cover that measly worm of yours with a towel or tarp or better yet a diaper. At age 58 you must be ready for incontinence products
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

You mean this:

The transition from exclusive breastfeeding to family foods, referred to as complementary feeding, typically covers the period from 6 to 18-24 months of age,

How is that contrary to the claim of children over three shouldn't breast feed?

I would suggest you take some time to read and investigate before you make these types of statements.

No, I mean this smartass :P

With these considerations in mind, the global strategy includes as a priority for all governments
the achievement of the following additional operational targets:3
• to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate a comprehensive policy on infant and young
child feeding, in the context of national policies and programmes for nutrition, child and
reproductive health, and poverty reduction;
• to ensure that the health and other relevant sectors protect, promote and support exclusive
breastfeeding for six months and continued breastfeeding up to two years of age or beyond

http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB109/eeb10912.pdf

And my reply was in reference to this:

And like I said in the other thread.. when they're old enough to ask for it, its time to get off the tit.

If you didn't know, most children begin speaking around 1 years of age and can communicate a need to breastfeed (such as pointing at the breast, tugging at moms shirt or making motions to suckle - all of which would easily be noticed by someone in the general vacinity) before 1 year of age. So I don't know how you can up with this arbitrary number:

How is that contrary to the claim of children over three shouldn't breast feed?

I'd love to see people argue how human milk can not be beneficial for humans outside of infancy.
Arianna Frances

I've kept up with pumping mostly cause I'm too cheap to buy formula, but also because its best for her...

Good for you. I know how hard pumping constantly can be. My third was only 4 weeks early but her lungs weren't quite ready yet and she stayed in the nicu for about 10 days. I pumped and pumped and pumped. When she was off of the IV they would feed her my milk through the tube that went into her mouth to her stomach. I forgot what they called it. I remember the first time she was able to drink from the bottle. Her father was feeding her with my milk. You are amazing to have kept it up for so long.

awww :$ It actually got better, or I just got used to it. Her suck wasn't 'normal' until she was 6 months old, and by then I didn't have time to re-train her off the bottle and I was used to pumping. I really don't know if I'd know how to dictate my time towards breastfeeding now :| But I am looking forward to it with the next one (God willing s/he isn't premature again).
Arianna Frances

I'm part of the ALL you speak of and i dont find it offensive in the least.

I find loud obnoxious people offensive, I find Overt unnecessary military action offensive I find Racism and sexism, and mysoginism offenseive. I find people who think that brow beating a point by TYPING IT ALL IN CAPS so as to fein SHOUTING offensive.

I do not find breast feeding at any age offensive.:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was one of the first to respond to this with my opinion. Since then I have stayed out of posting because I was to busy not being attacked in pm's on rc.com (wish I could say the same about here) to worry about defending my opinion, I dont think what I stated warrented the pm's I recieved. My opinion is just that and the last thing I would ever do is want to make a mother feel bad for thier decsion. However like me who will defend the choices I make as a mother, I would expect a breastfeeding mother to do the same. One thing I have learned in life is we mothers will defend our children and thier rights and no one will be able to convince a breastfeeding mother to stop before she or her child wants to, just as no one can convince me of certain things in regards to mine.

I think it is a natural act that is viable to the health of children. Its recommended as the only form of food the first 6 months (along with vitamins for additional vit D) and is encouraged until 12 months or later. This however is not the end all be all.

It is not the only way to feed a child and not all women can breastfeed. Breastfeeding is not always good for a infant. In austin a woman can walk around topless. I assume she can breastfeed as well. However had I been allowed to breastfeed, my personal choice would have been to be discreet because in my opinion it is a babys feeding and does not need to be disturbed by gawkers, or by the woman feeling stress because of potential gawkers. I wouldnt let others talk to me as I gave my infants bottles, I wanted instead to take the time to bond with my child as I fed him, and yes from a bottle. And with the knowledge that breastfeeding is actually a legimate fetish for many sick fucks Id think all women would be more discreet.

In regards to Delta, well the whole story wasnt out right away as it never is. Im not big on picking a side until I learn more about it, because I generally do not change my opinion once I have one. I think the employee is a idiot, I wont fault Delta when they have since then taken action to rectify the womans actions. So there you have it, I hope that some on here got half as many rude pm's as I did, never once did I insult a woman or the act of breastfeeding and Im not really big on adding additional stress in my life over a forum, personally I think i have said a millon other things people could choose to message me about in regards to my opinions but thats besides the point. I respect the women who not only can breastfeed but choose to do so.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I'm sorry anyone sent you unkind pm's

Its not a big deal, I should have gone into more detail on my original answer but its such a huge debate, and its such a wide topic that as you all see has strong feelings attached regardless what side ones on. People like me who literally bleed from attempts arent going to see it as you do... but Im the exception not the rule...btw your son looks precious.

Its one of those subjects that its hard not to make others defensive if we dont agree and I definitly never want to come accross as anti-mom.

No one ever sends me PM about my posts.

You arent anti women :P apperently I portrayed that [:/]

You need bigger boobies then they wont say you are anti women, and even if they do, Hey you have bigger boobies :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You need bigger boobies then they wont say you are anti women, and even if they do, Hey you have bigger boobies

Nah bigger boobs = higher potential for back problems and the need to post threads in regards to chest straps...:P

babies..no problem

I find it hard to believe an attitude like this.

I think breastfeeding mothers are just lovely.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>at what point does it become a pacifier for both the child and the mother?

From day one. Nipples are not grown to resemble rubber pacifiers; believe it or not, pacifiers are designed to resemble nipples.

>5/6 year old done in your face..disgusting and offensive to ALL

So turn your head and look away.

I have the distinct feeling that some people look in order to _be_ offended.
"Oh my god! Look what she's doing! Let me see if I can get a closer look . . . Oh my! I don't want to see that! Hey, move out of the way there guy, you're blocking my . . . Ahhh! I am offended even MORE now! My eyes! My eyes!" There's an easy solution to that.

Breastfeeding is something done to benefit a mother and a child, not gawkers. I would hope most mothers would attempt to not expose themselves while nursing - but if circumstances make that difficult, a child's well-being overrides the squeamishness of people in the crowd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry anyone sent you unkind pm's

Its not a big deal, I should have gone into more detail on my original answer but its such a huge debate

Yeah and any freak that has something to say to you about it should be able to write it publicly and non offensively.

Dirty PM's are sent by idiots that don't know how to express thier frustration publicly, properly.

sorry you had to deal with this.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

<They must all be FLAWLESS>>

Same here .... either that or folk couln't give a shite what we think.... um..... I'll go with flawless:)

I can't imagine why anyone would take the trouble to attack someones position in PMs, about a subject on this site... Oh well takes all sorts.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome